Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Weird. Was there anything to the post on here about CFC forfeiting their game with UPDX?
    There was a rumor; last I looked the final score of that game (CFC 3-1 UPDX) still stands.

But no cause has been given for why CFC should forfeit the UPDX game. As far as the Westside fixture planned for this weekend, apparently, the coaching staff of CFC wasn't available tomorrow, so Westside agreed to reschedule the games. (All age groups are rescheduled, not just the 05s).

Comment

There was a rumor; last I looked the final score of that game (CFC 3-1 UPDX) still stands.

But no cause has been given for why CFC should forfeit the UPDX game. As far as the Westside fixture planned for this weekend, apparently, the coaching staff of CFC wasn't available tomorrow, so Westside agreed to reschedule the games. (All age groups are rescheduled, not just the 05s).
      Funny how they have rescheduled multiple weekends to Sunday. obviously a coaching issue and whoever is going to coach going forward has other commitments on saturday

Comment

Score was 3-1 at half, CFC coach disappeared at some point in first half, no coach appropriately licensed on CFC sideline so second half was not even played. Just the facts...

Comment

Score was 3-1 at half, CFC coach disappeared at some point in first half, no coach appropriately licensed on CFC sideline so second half was not even played. Just the facts...
          If the game was abandoned because the CFC coach left (or was sent off) and nobody else could take over, it would be a forfeit by CFC. They wouldn't keep the halftime score--they would only do that for a no-cause abandonment (such as a thunderstorm or emergency).

Otherwise any team with a halftime lead could find some reason their coach has to leave, and not have to worry about the second half.

Doesn't sound right.

Comment

If the game was abandoned because the CFC coach left (or was sent off) and nobody else could take over, it would be a forfeit by CFC. They wouldn't keep the halftime score--they would only do that for a no-cause abandonment (such as a thunderstorm or emergency).

Otherwise any team with a halftime lead could find some reason their coach has to leave, and not have to worry about the second half.

Doesn't sound right.
            Does not really matter what you think sounds right, it’s what happened and I guess that score line is what was reported to us soccer. We all know how accurate those are, just ask TA....

Comment

Does not really matter what you think sounds right, it’s what happened and I guess that score line is what was reported to us soccer. We all know how accurate those are, just ask TA....
              Game is now recorded as a 3-0 forfeit in favor of UPDX: http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...teamId=7456896

Individual stats from the game appear to still be valid, but UPDX gets its first victory.

Comment

Game is now recorded as a 3-0 forfeit in favor of UPDX: http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...teamId=7456896

Individual stats from the game appear to still be valid, but UPDX gets its first victory.
                This is all very strange. Can’t imagine my son’s coach just leaving during the game!

Comment

There you go, now does it sound real you miserable azz hat who has to argue everything and try to be right with the only opinion that could matter. Go fix you precious little table to show that updx now has as many wins so far as FC douscheland does....

Comment

There you go, now does it sound real you miserable azz hat who has to argue everything and try to be right with the only opinion that could matter. Go fix you precious little table to show that updx now has as many wins so far as FC douscheland does....

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

When rumors get posted here, I often ask for corroboration. Lots of bullsh1t gets put here. Nothing personal.

And bragging about a forfeit win in a game you were losing badly until the other coach split is... Wow.

I'd call updx an embarrassment, but I know too many good BSC families there who don't deserve this BM show.

Comment

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

When rumors get posted here, I often ask for corroboration. Lots of bullsh1t gets put here. Nothing personal.

And bragging about a forfeit win in a game you were losing badly until the other coach split is... Wow.

I'd call updx an embarrassment, but I know too many good BSC families there who don't deserve this BM show.
                      With so many promises we stayed. A very long way off from what Bsc was

Comment

With so many promises we stayed. A very long way off from what Bsc was
                        Any scores?

Comment

Any scores?
                          FCP 2, Washington 1

Comment

FCP 2, Washington 1
                            XFire 4 - UPDX 2

Comment

Does anyone have any recaps from either of the games today?

Comment

Does anyone have any recaps from either of the games today?
                                Sure.

XFire started strong and took a 1-0 lead in first 10 minutes off a PK. I didn’t see the fouls but there wasn’t a lot of arguing so I guess it was likely a good call. XFire had more of the ball for the rest of the half but really never tested the UPDX goalie. UPDX got 1 shot on goal and it took a great save from the XFire goalie to keep it out. Not a great half from either side.

Second half, XFire came out very flat and UPDX put in two goals in first 10 minutes to take a 2-1 lead. At some point in the first 10 min XFire got a second PK. They encroached into the box prior to the shot being taken so the ref called it and gave UPDX a free kick. Replay will show if the shot went in; if it did I believe page 120 of the FIFA shows it should have been retaken (sheesh get it right refs, there are only 228 pages of rules).

UPDX kept up the pressure for the next 15 min or and had some additional chances that created for more nervy times for XFire; including a free kick from 25 yards that could have made it really interesting 25 min in or so, XFire made a couple tactical switches, brought back in a few starters, and the game turned. They got one back off a header from the smallest player on the field, then added a second and third of the half largely by just being stronger and faster and fresher up front. I like one of the center backs for UPDX, the other had a bit of a rough second half.

Neither team was great today; but that’s okay. They are 13 year olds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X