Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachbum!

At least please remove the child's name from post #1174 (and the quotes of the post) in the U16 Girls thread. It is a first name and she is identified by position and that is enough to identify her. The thread is problematic and I think there has been another player named by nick-name as well (although don't know that player so I'm not positive)

Beachbum!!!!!!

Please delete references to an MPS player in the regional ODP thread as well as posts referencing a morning cereal - No sure but I think that may be a nickname. Posts #22, #49, #50, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Please delete references to an MPS player in the regional ODP thread as well as posts referencing a morning cereal - No sure but I think that may be a nickname. Posts #22, #49, #50, etc.
      Unless your intials are JD it's not going to happen!

Comment

I have no direct knowledge of what's going on here, but I do know for a club or a team to operate smoothly there are times that a cancer must be cut out for that club or team to remain healthy.

Comment

I have no direct knowledge of what's going on here, but I do know for a club or a team to operate smoothly there are times that a cancer must be cut out for that club or team to remain healthy.
          So, are you saying that JD should resign?

Comment

So, are you saying that JD should resign?
            Hardly. What I am saying is that when a team or club has a cancer (it can be a player, a coach but most often a parent) that cancer must be removed by those administering the club. It's part of the job.

Comment

Hardly. What I am saying is that when a team or club has a cancer (it can be a player, a coach but most often a parent) that cancer must be removed by those administering the club. It's part of the job.
              Translation - when someone questions authority then they must go. If a family left than they probably tired of the games. It is not always about JD being so above board and everyone else not playing by the rules. There are always two sides of the story but the kool-aid drinkers only like to hear one.

Comment

Translation - when someone questions authority then they must go. If a family left than they probably tired of the games. It is not always about JD being so above board and everyone else not playing by the rules. There are always two sides of the story but the kool-aid drinkers only like to hear one.
                That's right there are always two sides to the story and in this forum 99% of what we hear is the parents side of the story. For whatever reason, you obviously have an issue with JD, because you have been hounding him and his club for months now. For all I know you may be the same person who posted the e-mail. To those with any objectivity, the posting of that e-mail was a good example of a PO'd parent that feels s/he has been wronged by JD. Parents are better served by just walking away when they feel this way. I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the soccer world is very small and while you may feel satisfaction at "getting him back" if you stay in soccer, you are more then likely to find stuff like this can come back to haunt you and more importantly haunt your offspring.

Comment

Moderator,

I would recommend that you contact the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse (www. chillingeffects.org) if JD or anyone else requests IP addresses, whether through a subpoena, or otherwise. See below from the site:

"The ability of Internet service providers (ISPs) to unmask anonymous subscribers and users has proven to be a weakness in the protection of freedom of expression on the Internet. Companies angry about comments criticizing them on public message boards, for example, have found that they can simply file a civil lawsuit with vague, unsupported claims, then issue a subpoena to the discussion's host ISP demanding the identity of the speaker. These subpoenas have effectively shut off discussion in many public forums. ISPs have recently begun to notify their subscribers when they receive these subpoenas, giving them at least a limited opportunity to object. Yet still, many subscribers do not respond in time and their identities are turned over with no analysis of whether their speech actually caused any harm."

Comment

That's right there are always two sides to the story and in this forum 99% of what we hear is the parents side of the story. For whatever reason, you obviously have an issue with JD, because you have been hounding him and his club for months now. For all I know you may be the same person who posted the e-mail. To those with any objectivity, the posting of that e-mail was a good example of a PO'd parent that feels s/he has been wronged by JD. Parents are better served by just walking away when they feel this way. I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the soccer world is very small and while you may feel satisfaction at "getting him back" if you stay in soccer, you are more then likely to find stuff like this can come back to haunt you and more importantly haunt your offspring.
                    This must be JD because it sounds like the same threatening tone I read in the e-mail that was posted.

Comment

This must be JD because it sounds like the same threatening tone I read in the e-mail that was posted.
                      No it's not JD. It's just someone that has been around youth soccer for a long time and knows both sides of the issues.

Comment

Beachbum must be on vacation with no internet access. What's going on in the Boarding School thread is far more concerning then the JD example.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X