• Show
Clear All

Anson Dorrance wins 999th game

https://goheels.com/news/2018/8/16/w...aLoC0.facebook

did you watch it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      did you watch it ?
      no did you? you have to like a coach that plays to win.

Comment

He is brutal. Doesn't care about his players. Read "Warrior Girls"

Comment

He is brutal. Doesn't care about his players. Read "Warrior Girls"
          You don't go to that program for warm hugs. You go to play top level soccer and win.

Comment

Try reading the book. You may change your mind. Would never let my daughter play for him

Comment

Try reading the book. You may change your mind. Would never let my daughter play for him
              Know kids that play for him. They like it. Then again, they produce too. I am not a fan of the academics. Still has the athletes can buy a degree stigma.

Comment

They do produce at the expense of injuring his players and burning them out.

Comment

They do produce at the expense of injuring his players and burning them out.
                  Because no other programs do that right? I have heard some not so flattering things about plenty of other coaches. And I think that was a younger AD.

Comment

please read the book and you will think differently.

Comment

please read the book and you will think differently.
                      book was published in 2008. I'm not dismissing this at all, but aren't most athletic departments specifically sensitive to this at most campuses? They don't want any needless lawsuits which happen today even at the club level or high school level.

This should always be something any parent and player pays attention to.

Comment

So few posters on this site actually understand big time sports. It definitely is not something you want to reach for because when a kid gets in over their head that is when bad things happen to them. Need to completely and objectively understand just how good your kid is before you should even begin to think about a program like UNC. At that level it ain’t about education. If you want your kid to focus on education you should have them skip the soccer part and go to school at some NESCAC.

Comment

You don't go to that program for warm hugs. You go to play top level soccer and win.
                          Maybe 15 years ago.

Comment

AD is no longer relevant. His "system" of hockey like line changes, athletes and pressing lesser athletes to death has died a slow death as the technical level of other teams has improved.

UNC may win, but in spite of him now.

I dont care how many games he wins, the suit against him was brushed under the rug in true UNC style and the way soccer people continue to listen and give this guy awards turns my stomach.

Comment

AD is no longer relevant. His "system" of hockey like line changes, athletes and pressing lesser athletes to death has died a slow death as the technical level of other teams has improved.

UNC may win, but in spite of him now.

I dont care how many games he wins, the suit against him was brushed under the rug in true UNC style and the way soccer people continue to listen and give this guy awards turns my stomach.
                              Slow death? ACC champs last year, final four the year before that, and still have won 3 National championships the last 10 years

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X