Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yea, I was referring to that. The kids get together and are lucky to have some structure from some returning college players for the summer, but the coach is afraid to be anywhere near the field when balls are out. It's not that they don't like him or anything like that. I just found it odd that he just bolted and was later informed by some other parents that they can't have anything to do with the kids. I certainly don't want him to dictate what she does over the summer, but felt it was a bit much to keep them away completely.
    Clearly you're new to HS soccer. You might want to familiarize yourself with the CIAC handbook. It makes for light beach reading

http://www.casciac.org/pdfs/ciachandbook_1819.pdf

Comment

Rookie. It's been on the books forever. I actually think it's a great thing for the kids to be practicing amongst themselves. Unstructured play is a positive thing
      Not a rookie, just new to Connecticut...thanks for the tips.

Comment

Clearly you're new to HS soccer. You might want to familiarize yourself with the CIAC handbook. It makes for light beach reading

http://www.casciac.org/pdfs/ciachandbook_1819.pdf
        It's my youngest daughter attending HS here in Connecticut. We came from Illinois...definitely a different landscape.

Comment

Not a rookie, just new to Connecticut...thanks for the tips.
          Rookie to Connecticut...

Wait there's more fun to be had in The NUTmeg state.

- Just wait until preseason camp. Where you pay the non mandatory fee to the boys coach and the boys pay the fee to girls coach.
          - Pay to play fees
          - two ref system with old men who don't move
          - .400 winning percentage teams make the playoffs
          - No club soccer until your kids high school season is over
          - Parents physically attacking coaches
          - Racism in the stands

Comment

It's my youngest daughter attending HS here in Connecticut. We came from Illinois...definitely a different landscape.
            The good news is that your daughter will be older than most of her classmates. CT sends kids to school the earliest in the US, some 4 year olds. Bad news is you now live on the East Coast. So many friendly welcoming neighbors:)

Comment

The good news is that your daughter will be older than most of her classmates. CT sends kids to school the earliest in the US, some 4 year olds. Bad news is you now live on the East Coast. So many friendly welcoming neighbors:)
              Thanks. Good news is she is a junior, bad news is I'm here for at least 3 years to fix your bridges.

Comment

Except many parents hold their kid back to get an edge

Comment

Rookie to Connecticut...

Wait there's more fun to be had in The NUTmeg state.

- Just wait until preseason camp. Where you pay the non mandatory fee to the boys coach and the boys pay the fee to girls coach.
                  - Pay to play fees
                  - two ref system with old men who don't move
                  - .400 winning percentage teams make the playoffs
                  - No club soccer until your kids high school season is over
                  - Parents physically attacking coaches
                  - Racism in the stands
                  You forget cross-body blocks.

Comment

Thanks. Good news is she is a junior, bad news is I'm here for at least 3 years to fix your bridges.
                    Bad news democrats will bk the state before your three years are up. Better hope people vote them dems out or yo7 May have to move to ny.....plenty of crappy bridges in need of repairs there.

Comment

Very curious how you even heard of this site?

Comment

Very curious how you even heard of this site?
                        Your wife whispered it while I was banging her. Said your were always on it and never on her. Now do I fit in on the board?

Comment

Your wife whispered it while I was banging her. Said your were always on it and never on her. Now do I fit in on the board?
                          Your wife and I are laughing right now about how you’re too small to fit in anywhere.

Comment

Your wife and I are laughing right now about how you’re too small to fit in anywhere.
                            You got schooled. You can’t get dik slapped like that and then try and come back with a similar line. Take it like a man and respect the game.

Comment

You got schooled. You can’t get dik slapped like that and then try and come back with a similar line. Take it like a man and respect the game.
                              Schooled? Dik slapped? Respect the game? You really need to get out more old timer.

Comment

I totally agree but I think the OP was talking about the rule that HS coaches can't have practices under their watch until just before school starts (8/23 this year). That's where the ruse of "captain's practices" come in, or they pay some flunkie coach to run it. That also is a good thing, in addition to the club restrictions. These guys do enough power tripping as it is. The less say they have over HS players the better.
                                I hate Capt’s practices. Nothing good comes from them and heaven forbid someone gets injured without proper supervision. Who cares if a HS coach coaches the kids out of season. The rule is in place to protect lazy coaches who don’t want to actually do anything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X