Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You're even funnier by basing her off 1 game... 1 game!
    I explained above what she did the WHOLE season against the best national talent.
    We played the hardest schedule for the 02's and KL was tremendous ALL year.
    When players play with less talented players, they can play down to the game. If you ever watched a talented kid with a talented team. They show exactly what the coaches see and are looking for.
    Please open your eyes and understand a process.
    You're still missing the point .... was it HER against national competition or the collective group? If it was her, i would expect to see it all of the time, especially against much weaker HS talent. I did not see it when i saw her play and, apparently, neither did the other poster. Perhaps she is a very good system player but not the individual talent that everyone is trying to make her out to be. When I saw here, she was a good player. Pretty fast and athletic and seemed to have pretty good technical ability. She did nothing amazing that game and didn't make everyone around her better.

Comment

You're even funnier by basing her off 1 game... 1 game!
      I explained above what she did the WHOLE season against the best national talent.
      We played the hardest schedule for the 02's and KL was tremendous ALL year.
      When players play with less talented players, they can play down to the game. If you ever watched a talented kid with a talented team. They show exactly what the coaches see and are looking for.
      Please open your eyes and understand a process.

Signed Mr.L
      Best wishes for Michigan. Maybe she'll prove people wrong.

Comment

Prove people wrong????? You have a high opinion of your worth in this conversation
        These kids, and they a kids, don’t care what “people” think they care about what they think and what their coaches think
        You know people who actually have a Farquin clue and no ax to grind- somebody thought she was good enough to pay for her college education- that’s how good she is

Comment

Mr. L would NEVER even think of answering idiots, even in person.
          You are clueless about soccer potential and even as a critic.
          To judge a kid as a freshman in ONE game just shows your idiotic beliefs.

KL must've taken it to your kids team for this jealous post. I can excuse your ignorance because you saw her once. I have enjoyed watching her be a leader for her CFC team in bringing her lunch bucket work attitude to the field in all her games and practices. She is a kid you wNt on your kids team, not on TS knocking her down. Try to go see her and that CFC team play and then you'll understand how players "get it" and what coaches see in talented kids.

Comment

Mr. L would NEVER even think of answering idiots, even in person.
            You are clueless about soccer potential and even as a critic.
            To judge a kid as a freshman in ONE game just shows your idiotic beliefs.

KL must've taken it to your kids team for this jealous post. I can excuse your ignorance because you saw her once. I have enjoyed watching her be a leader for her CFC team in bringing her lunch bucket work attitude to the field in all her games and practices. She is a kid you wNt on your kids team, not on TS knocking her down. Try to go see her and that CFC team play and then you'll understand how players "get it" and what coaches see in talented kids.
            CFC scumbags

Comment

CFC scumbags
              #truthhurts

Comment

Masuk 2 - NF 0.

Comment

Long season for Pomperaug continues. Lost 3-0 to ND. Only scored one goal in four games and are 0-2-2. Senior-heavy team was expected to challenge, Which team will take their traditional spot in the SWC playoffs? ND looks to be the class of the SWC. Lots of weapons.

Comment

Long season for Pomperaug continues. Lost 3-0 to ND. Only scored one goal in four games and are 0-2-2. Senior-heavy team was expected to challenge, Which team will take their traditional spot in the SWC playoffs? ND looks to be the class of the SWC. Lots of weapons.
                    Not sure anyone will replace Pomperaug near the top this year. Conference is showing to be very weak. Maybe Weston?....they just hung 7 on Bethel....but more to my point....even Bethel has regressed (if that's possible). Or Probably Barlow will climb.

Comment

Not sure anyone will replace Pomperaug near the top this year. Conference is showing to be very weak. Maybe Weston?....they just hung 7 on Bethel....but more to my point....even Bethel has regressed (if that's possible). Or Probably Barlow will climb.
                      Men, there are some good EPL Premier games going on. Serie A is now on ESPN+. You can even catch some MLS games. But you are so deep into girls high soccer. Glad there is a forum for you. Clearly you could not get away with being so deeply involved with this in your normal day to day.

Comment

Men, there are some good EPL Premier games going on. Serie A is now on ESPN+. You can even catch some MLS games. But you are so deep into girls high soccer. Glad there is a forum for you. Clearly you could not get away with being so deeply involved with this in your normal day to day.
                        Hey douche soccer guy - yes some are obsessed, clearly, but most soccer parents just enjoy watching our kids play. They're only kids once. We can spend time watching "proper" soccer after they've flown the nest.

Comment

Different poster but it is a valid question. Is SHE a superstar or just a really good player on a deep team? I saw her play two years ago against farmington, and, despite all the hoopla, did not see her do anything amazing in that game ..... I too would have said she was the 3rd or 4th best player on her team in that game. I get that it was only 1 game, but it was a playoff game and I expected more. Perhaps she has been overly hyped so their is some unfairness to this whole thing.
                          I think there are a few things to consider. The first is two years ago she was a freshman, and no matter how talented you are, it is difficult physically for a freshman to dominate. Compete yes. The second piece is that in HS soccer, you have some talented club players, some average club players, and some great athletes. Some high schools only have a couple of the first category. Makes it kind of difficult to play. You can make the right pass but if your teammate isn’t on the same page, it won’t look like the right pass. As for dominating, if a team has only one or two weapons, it is relatively easy to mark them with 1-2 people and forget about the rest. In college, it’s a different ball game. All players in the Big 10 played a high level of club, and yes, most are great athletes. But having seen KL play a few times, I think her strength is that she isn’t just a one trick pony. She’s fast yes, but also skilled and has a great work ethic from everything I’ve heard. When i saw her play with Masuk, she never quit. Endless engine. I’d like to see her with her club team bc I’m guessing that would be fun to see. I’m certain she will do extremely well in college based on other kids that have come through the state and had success.

Comment

Hey douche soccer guy - yes some are obsessed, clearly, but most soccer parents just enjoy watching our kids play. They're only kids once. We can spend time watching "proper" soccer after they've flown the nest.
                            No we won't, we will go back to NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, PGA, LPGA, WNBA, Tennis, ABC Bowling, World's Strongest Man, World Poker Showdown, Darts ..... What did I miss? ...... and once or twice a year watch the USWNT (maybe the USMNT if they get their sh|t together and earn our viewership back). As for pro soccer in some other country ...... na, not likely.

Comment

I think there are a few things to consider. The first is two years ago she was a freshman, and no matter how talented you are, it is difficult physically for a freshman to dominate. Compete yes. The second piece is that in HS soccer, you have some talented club players, some average club players, and some great athletes. Some high schools only have a couple of the first category. Makes it kind of difficult to play. You can make the right pass but if your teammate isn’t on the same page, it won’t look like the right pass. As for dominating, if a team has only one or two weapons, it is relatively easy to mark them with 1-2 people and forget about the rest. In college, it’s a different ball game. All players in the Big 10 played a high level of club, and yes, most are great athletes. But having seen KL play a few times, I think her strength is that she isn’t just a one trick pony. She’s fast yes, but also skilled and has a great work ethic from everything I’ve heard. When i saw her play with Masuk, she never quit. Endless engine. I’d like to see her with her club team bc I’m guessing that would be fun to see. I’m certain she will do extremely well in college based on other kids that have come through the state and had success.
                              I get all of your points and tend to agree but it did not stop the braggarts back then from boasting how impressive she was ..... I did not see it then, another still didn't see it ..... then when? If she can dominate the SoCal Blues and other top national competition as her "teammates dad" said, then how could she not put in 5 a game against any teams in HS? Sorry, if you put Mallory Pugh into a HS game in our state, no one would touch her and she would inflict her will on team after team.

Comment

No we won't, we will go back to NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, PGA, LPGA, WNBA, Tennis, ABC Bowling, World's Strongest Man, World Poker Showdown, Darts ..... What did I miss? ...... and once or twice a year watch the USWNT (maybe the USMNT if they get their sh|t together and earn our viewership back). As for pro soccer in some other country ...... na, not likely.
                                I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than watch 90% of that list. I've learned the game and grown very fond of it through my kids playing and watching matches together as a family. Foreign soccer is generally much more enjoyable to watch than a lot of US soccer.

different poster

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X