Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rtc biggest scam money grab

RTC what a joke of a program. I will let other people sound off. But what’ a joke. ERIC Lyslo is the scam artist running the show. Complete embarrassment to the timbers organization and the state of Oregon.

Somebody's DS is riding the bench this year.

Comment

Not butt hurt just calling a spade a spade

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Somebody's DS is riding the bench this year.
      Actually not at all we are quite confident in my DS ability. The fact that they are making the teams huge and only playing everyone half time. They refuse to cut anyone from the program and take everyone’s fees with no problem.

Comment

RTC what a joke of a program. I will let other people sound off. But what’ a joke. ERIC Lyslo is the scam artist running the show. Complete embarrassment to the timbers organization and the state of Oregon.
        Consider yourself lucky that you learned this lesson after a year of RTC. Relatively cheap and relatively painless, unlike the Thorns GDA players who threw away years of development and gave up everything non soccer related in their lives to follow Lyslo’s trail of lies.

Comment

RTC is mainly useful these days for those kids who don't have a DA program available to them, or for U11s who aren't yet old enough for DA.

But there are plenty of both around.

But a "money grab"? It's $400.

Comment

RTC is mainly useful these days for those kids who don't have a DA program available to them, or for U11s who aren't yet old enough for DA.

Yes, $400 X 300 kids (girls and boys) is $120,000 for NOTHING!

Comment

Far exceeds the cost of some of the "pre-" programs run last year at some of the Nike clubs.

Comment

Calm down

I'm guessing Erik is doing the best job he can with what he has. It's a tough program to run, especially when you have 'the biggest club in Oregon' (lol) NEU*PDX bad mouthing it left right and center.
                Is it perfect? Far from it. I've been in the parent meetings and it's a pretty open assessment of where they stand. Clubs are given priority when needed, so the support is coming that way, too. When coaches like McNeil, Frasier, and good ol' Legg are spewing garbage about the program, the sheep lap it up. Ask why they do that?
                Money!
                They lose (their best) players to another group and they don't win as much. Screw the development of the players (playing with better caliber players each week), it's about money. Less wins, means less trophies. Less trophies mean a diminished power to recruit for next season. They've got jobs to keep. They don't care about development anymore than anyone else.

Comment

I'm guessing Erik is doing the best job he can with what he has. It's a tough program to run, especially when you have 'the biggest club in Oregon' (lol) NEU*PDX bad mouthing it left right and center.
                  Is it perfect? Far from it. I've been in the parent meetings and it's a pretty open assessment of where they stand. Clubs are given priority when needed, so the support is coming that way, too. When coaches like McNeil, Frasier, and good ol' Legg are spewing garbage about the program, the sheep lap it up. Ask why they do that?
                  Money!
                  They lose (their best) players to another group and they don't win as much. Screw the development of the players (playing with better caliber players each week), it's about money. Less wins, means less trophies. Less trophies mean a diminished power to recruit for next season. They've got jobs to keep. They don't care about development anymore than anyone else.
                  Erik’s intern earning his/her keep this morning. Write as many paragraphs as you want. Everyone - every one - knows RTC is a cash grab/propaganda opportunity. Gather the motivated parents who are willing to pay extra for anything that looks vaguely impressive. Spend a year telling those kids they all have national team potential and that ODP and GDA are the only paths to that success. You have to hand it to Lyslo - he has parents paying to allow him to advertise to them. Usually advertising works the other way around.

Comment

Erik’s intern earning his/her keep this morning. Write as many paragraphs as you want. Everyone - every one - knows RTC is a cash grab/propaganda opportunity. Gather the motivated parents who are willing to pay extra for anything that looks vaguely impressive. Spend a year telling those kids they all have national team potential and that ODP and GDA are the only paths to that success. You have to hand it to Lyslo - he has parents paying to allow him to advertise to them. Usually advertising works the other way around.
                    Hi Brandon!
                    ;)

Comment

Money!
                      LOL, in the past couple of weeks have heard separate parents whose children have participated in the program multiple years go off on how it is a "scam", "mismanaged", and reflects the "stupidity of the timbers." I don't know what their precise gripe is (my eyes glaze over when I hear anything about RTC anymore), but the folks you listed above our the least of your problems; you have some work to do convincing some families in your program that it is worth it.

In term of development - one criticism of RTC is that the extra day of training can be done more effectively within the existing club environment, in part because the training can be more effectively planned with rest in mind for that particular age-group (it is harder for RTC to do so because they schedule around so many clubs). If the club is not providing it, than RTC, futsal, private training, or pickup soccer are all viable options. Of the clubs doing well at the younger ages on the girls side - FC, NEU, THUSC, Washington Timbers - only Washington Timbers seems to have embraced RTC. Boys is just different because of the little DA.

Most states in region iv do not run a RTC like program - simply unneeded.

Comment

LOL, in the past couple of weeks have heard separate parents whose children have participated in the program multiple years go off on how it is a "scam", "mismanaged", and reflects the "stupidity of the timbers." I don't know what their precise gripe is (my eyes glaze over when I hear anything about RTC anymore), but the folks you listed above our the least of your problems; you have some work to do convincing some families in your program that it is worth it.

In term of development - one criticism of RTC is that the extra day of training can be done more effectively within the existing club environment, in part because the training can be more effectively planned with rest in mind for that particular age-group (it is harder for RTC to do so because they schedule around so many clubs). If the club is not providing it, than RTC, futsal, private training, or pickup soccer are all viable options. Of the clubs doing well at the younger ages on the girls side - FC, NEU, THUSC, Washington Timbers - only Washington Timbers seems to have embraced RTC. Boys is just different because of the little DA.

Not sure Washington Timbers is embracing RTC anymore, with the extra days of practice they are adding not needed.

Comment

It’s not an Erik Lyslo problem. He’s just an organizer. He’s actually a b-ball dude not a soccer dude. He will always have a job as long as he keeps the camps and RTC in the Black. This means that quality will always be on the low side to keep everything profitable.

The actual substance for RTC is debatable. I think it’s a great opportunity for second tiered players to get extra training and for players of clubs that only practice twice a week or practice with an outlying club that doesn’t have the coaching staff. It’s not an entirely a bad program but it is blown up and marketed as a elite program when it’s not. It’s great for “B” team players that need more.

Comment

Don’t like it , don’t do it. How easy was that !

Comment

At it again

To answer the OP question, it sure feels like a sack when overprotective mommies get to complain about their kid being cut from Friendship Cup and theno and behold the entire age group makes the roster. Oops.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X