Worst coach at FSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show me where clubs in CT who play EDP get better college commits vs FSA ECNL or even ECNL Reg

Comment

The u little arguments aren’t even really worth it. I know the parents don’t realize it yet until the kids all get older but most of those kids won’t even be player soccer at u16. And the beat players at u10 will likely not be the best players at u16. Everyone says it but no one believes it until they get there. You can see a d1 player from a mile away at u16. And it is mostly based on speed and size and athleticism.

Comment

with the exception of maybe a few EDP teams, the competition in ECNL Reg is tougher, regardless of the level of the FSA Reg teams, they are playing tougher teams vs. EDP

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          The u little arguments aren’t even really worth it. I know the parents don’t realize it yet until the kids all get older but most of those kids won’t even be player soccer at u16. And the beat players at u10 will likely not be the best players at u16. Everyone says it but no one believes it until they get there. You can see a d1 player from a mile away at u16. And it is mostly based on speed and size and athleticism.
          No soccer skills required?

Comment

They all have soccer skills by u16 You can’t train little Mia into being a top athlete. They either are or they aren’t.

Comment

Not a chance Ecrl comp is better than top bracket EDP. Fsa ecrl would not last in the top EDP bracket. Ecnl 1 is an obvious step up. Ecrl is not

with the exception of maybe a few EDP teams, the competition in ECNL Reg is tougher, regardless of the level of the FSA Reg teams, they are playing tougher teams vs. EDP

Comment

My daughters team falls into that top EDP bracket category. They have played 6-8 Ecrl teams the past few years. They are never overmatched against an Ecrl team. CFC is decent and world class is decent. They are in the same ball park as most top bracket EDP teams. The other 4-5 wcrl teams were not. Fsa cannot hang with those teams. But no Ecrl teams come out and make you think you are overmatched. They have also played multiple Ecnl teams as well. And the gap is closing there as well. They have 2 wins over Ecnl teams now and a few years ago that would be unheard of Ecnl should always be on top due to college connections but EDP is moving ahead of everyone else but Ecnl. EDP is doing a nice job building their National platform with relegation and promotion.

Not a chance Ecrl comp is better than top bracket EDP. Fsa ecrl would not last in the top EDP bracket. Ecnl 1 is an obvious step up. Ecrl is not

Comment

show me where clubs in CT who play EDP get better college commits vs FSA ECNL or even ECNL Reg
                  Show me which FSA kids are impact makers in college (other than CCSU .... same for OW ... exclude UHart). If your goal is to get your kid $5k to play college soccer, great, go to a sorry ECNL club like FSA. If you want your kid to play better soccer, pick almost any other club.

Comment

Seriously, you are joking right? EDP division 1 and lots of 2 > RL. Stop drinking the koolaide .... its poisoned!

Comment

Show me which FSA kids are impact makers in college (other than CCSU .... same for OW ... exclude UHart). If your goal is to get your kid $5k to play college soccer, great, go to a sorry ECNL club like FSA. If you want your kid to play better soccer, pick almost any other club.
                      Shouldn't your kid be playing because they like the game? Seriously. If your goal is to get $, good luck. Even on the boys side, very few get any decent $ at all. But, got a kid with solid grades- like 3.5 GPA or above and now some doors will open up for you if you can play.

Comment

No soccer skills required?
                        FSA is known for its lack of skill development at the younger ages and an over reliance on big athletes. Then at the older ages when skills matter more their teams are terrible- girls anyway. Their boys teams are generally solid and playing in an appropriate level league

Comment

Yet I can tell the same things with a uLittle player by observing their current size and athleticism and looking at the height and build of their parents and older siblings. Nice try. You are right that the short kids with little fast legs have a 50% chance of dropping out of the equation but not the tall ones are only at risk of playing basketball.

Comment

Yet I can tell the same things with a uLittle player by observing their current size and athleticism and looking at the height and build of their parents and older siblings. Nice try. You are right that the short kids with little fast legs have a 50% chance of dropping out of the equation but not the tall ones are only at risk of playing basketball.
                            This is exactly why Barcelona bought growth hormones when they acquired Messi as a youth. Those little fast legs weren’t growing much.

Comment

This is exactly why Barcelona bought growth hormones when they acquired Messi as a youth. Those little fast legs weren’t growing much.
                              Yeah, he's a giant now.

Comment

Yeah, he's a giant now.
                                His torso grew but legs didn’t - look at a photo it’s kind of weird. Giving him an unusual center of gravity which is probably partly responsible for some of the magic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X