Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are so many posts about Surf that I am pretty sure its like 1 or 2 people (probably LM & Surf staff) who just keep answering each others posts anonymously. Every post is how NYSC is a $ grab and Surf coaching is amazing and everyone is going to Surf tryouts. Meanwhile people I have spoken to say the Surf tryouts were not well attended with barely enough kids to field a team at younger ages and less than 2 teams worth of total prospects at older (05 and older)
    It has turned into a Surf advertising page. He is definitely getting kickbacks and it has made the website even less objective...if that was possible

Comment

Enough with Surf on back of the net already. Every thread is Larry pumping up their crap. They have like 4 teams. Boooooring!
      20+ teams...

Comment

There are so many posts about Surf that I am pretty sure its like 1 or 2 people (probably LM & Surf staff) who just keep answering each others posts anonymously. Every post is how NYSC is a $ grab and Surf coaching is amazing and everyone is going to Surf tryouts. Meanwhile people I have spoken to say the Surf tryouts were not well attended with barely enough kids to field a team at younger ages and less than 2 teams worth of total prospects at older (05 and older)
        How can surf be 1-2 people when they have over 20 coaches - you have to troll better lol

Comment

How can surf be 1-2 people when they have over 20 coaches - you have to troll better lol
          Maybe some of their employees have better things to do, like coach the teams they'll probably spend 90% of their time on, anyway. D1 coaches on the website are great for marketing but not so great in practice when they never show up.

Comment

20+ teams...
            They have only around 4 strong teams.

Comment

Maybe some of their employees have better things to do, like coach the teams they'll probably spend 90% of their time on, anyway. D1 coaches on the website are great for marketing but not so great in practice when they never show up.
              Of course college coaches are never there. Never ever buy into that unless it's for an older team where the schedule works better for a college coach (no club soccer in the fall for most hs aged teams). The #1 priority for a college coach is his college job

Comment

Of course college coaches are never there. Never ever buy into that unless it's for an older team where the schedule works better for a college coach (no club soccer in the fall for most hs aged teams). The #1 priority for a college coach is his college job
                Well a college coach can start coaching a local competitive club with the intention of recruiting good players or sending players elsewhere for college. Good coaches will help their players get on somewhere but I do know 1-2 who will do nothing for the players on the team if they are not going to that coach's college.

And a college coach can teach the club players the set pieces and other tactics they use at the college level so that when those kids to go to college, they already know some things.

And taking club teams to showcases allows them to go recruiting to see other players.

Having said that, it takes a while for the club player - coach dynamic to work. Get them at U14 and then stick with them year after year.

It's really up to what the coach wants. Recruitable players? An extra paycheck? Ability to recruit at showcases (and claim it as a tax deduction if their college doesn't pay their travel expenses?)

Comment

Well a college coach can start coaching a local competitive club with the intention of recruiting good players or sending players elsewhere for college. Good coaches will help their players get on somewhere but I do know 1-2 who will do nothing for the players on the team if they are not going to that coach's college.

And a college coach can teach the club players the set pieces and other tactics they use at the college level so that when those kids to go to college, they already know some things.

And taking club teams to showcases allows them to go recruiting to see other players.

Having said that, it takes a while for the club player - coach dynamic to work. Get them at U14 and then stick with them year after year.

It's really up to what the coach wants. Recruitable players? An extra paycheck? Ability to recruit at showcases (and claim it as a tax deduction if their college doesn't pay their travel expenses?)
                  Without being in the right leagues you won't get the players. Without good players it really doesn't matter who the coach is unless college is not the goal. If they are playing for fun, then what you say is correct Nd enjoy the experience.

Comment

Very surprised LM let this one post, although of course he responded in his usual "I know more than you do" fashion

Originally Posted by Anonymous
                    Larry- concerned with the GDA and all of the games the two local groups are playing but I have a different question for you. Looking at this site for years now you have railed against groups that are less than honest with you and or the public. PZ and he LIRR lied to you regarding EM involvement in the GDA and I know for sure that EM is involved. How do you continue to support LIRR and Global on BOTN? It seems highly hypocritical. At a team parent meeting for our girls team this was a point of conversation and I'm not sure you care but the overall theme was that if LIRR and PZ are going to misrepresent and you know you are complicit. I like the resource here you provide. Your opinion carries weight but that will cease if you don't do the hororable Thing and kick them to the curb. I get the other side of it though, if it's just about the money then keep them. Don't bloviate tho regarding injustices as you'll have no credibility to do so.

LM You are pretty brave being anonymous. I do not interact in what would be a serious discussion with an anon poster since not knowing who you are or where you are from, or who you truly represent is in question.

Therefore, all I will say unless or until you come out of the closet is that the relationship between BOTN, PZ and the LIRR has been addressed. You will just have to deal with that limited answer unless you want to come out.

BTW, you are NOT as "in the know" as you profess.

Comment

As usual BOTN missed the big news of Sky Blue - NYSC GDA.

Larry, you are NOT the source of breaking soccer news in the NYC/LI area. This website is.

Kudos to this website and poster who scooped Larry and BOTN. AGAIN!!!!

Comment

My friend signed his kid up for Valencia. He told me BotN took down the tryout listing for Valencia. I checked. Not only did he take down the tryout info, he took down all info relating to Valencia. Afraid they would get kids Surf might get, as they train in the same area. He is so in bed for Surf. He has to be getting kickbacks. I know people don't really buy into his subjectivitety, but that website has turned into a real joke.

Comment

My friend signed his kid up for Valencia. He told me BotN took down the tryout listing for Valencia. I checked. Not only did he take down the tryout info, he took down all info relating to Valencia. Afraid they would get kids Surf might get, as they train in the same area. He is so in bed for Surf. He has to be getting kickbacks. I know people don't really buy into his subjectivitety, but that website has turned into a real joke.
                          Just posted the schedule here. If we keep telling everyone about this forum we can continue to drive the demise of the BOTN PR Agency.

BOTN = Fale News

Comment

As usual BOTN missed the big news of Sky Blue - NYSC GDA.

Larry, you are NOT the source of breaking soccer news in the NYC/LI area. This website is.

Kudos to this website and poster who scooped Larry and BOTN. AGAIN!!!!

Again, Larry posts something like he has a big story about East Meadow...how stupid does this guy look?

The fact that he posts this tells me he has no clue who LISC is teaming up with.

He must not have any contacts anymore.

Comment

Again, Larry posts something like he has a big story about East Meadow...how stupid does this guy look?

The fact that he posts this tells me he has no clue who LISC is teaming up with.

No one trusts him ... Larry ... fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life

Comment

I think everyone must know but him. Announcement is coming "fairly" soon to clarify. THATS WHEN LARRY WILL KNOW AND NOT BEFORE. BOO HOO! (Surf tears rolling down his face)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X