Maple is going...going...gone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By absorbing the NSL/MAPLE the NEP will have decided to relax requirements that they touted as assuring quality coaching. Essentially, the NEP will become a water-down league

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      By absorbing the NSL/MAPLE the NEP will have decided to relax requirements that they touted as assuring quality coaching. Essentially, the NEP will become a water-down league
      Yeah, like the requirements are even being followed with some of the second tier teams that are out there in NEP. Looks like town soccer some weekends.

Comment

What are the requirements now? You have to belong to a big club.
        I think the only requirement is make sure you pay your fees.
        I don't think it's interesting that all the smaller clubs joined bigger clubs to get into NEP. If they just waited they wouldn't have had to do so.

Comment

I don't think it's interesting that all the smaller clubs joined bigger clubs to get into NEP. If they just waited they wouldn't have had to do so.
          I would assume a club has to have access to turf fields, at least. With the start of the Spring season in early April, smaller clubs with grass fields wouldn't be able to host games (or practice). If those clubs can partner with a larger club, which usually has its own turf fields, they can get those one or two teams that need higher level competition playing in the NEP without having to add the expense of building or renting turf fields.

Comment

Most leagues are watered down.i say, let em all compete and stop letting the bigger clubs monopolize for profits. It’s all bs.

Comment

At its inception and, as far as I know, since then or at least up to a few years ago, it was a requirement for all coaches to have a class C coaching license to coach in the NEP. It was the part of what 'separates us from other clubs' rules.

Comment

At its inception and, as far as I know, since then or at least up to a few years ago, it was a requirement for all coaches to have a class C coaching license to coach in the NEP. It was the part of what 'separates us from other clubs' rules.
                This is BS. I know the majority of coaches at NEFC, GPS, etc don't have a C license or equiv. Hell, you have former ECNL coaches now coaching DA who don't have their C.

Comment

This is BS. I know the majority of coaches at NEFC, GPS, etc don't have a C license or equiv. Hell, you have former ECNL coaches now coaching DA who don't have their C.
                  Actually....no....not 'BS'. At its inception, this was stated and a key rule to distinguish themselves from MAPLE or even Region 1 soccer as a high quality league. It doesn't mean that it hasn't changed especially once they accepted clubs like Valeo, which ironically does have that throughout, but is as good of a club as any of the others.

Comment

I know some with a C & higher that are bad coaches, ego maniacs or just a motivated salespersons for a business model.
                    Theres plenty of BS going around.

Comment

Actually....no....not 'BS'. At its inception, this was stated and a key rule to distinguish themselves from MAPLE or even Region 1 soccer as a high quality league. It doesn't mean that it hasn't changed especially once they accepted clubs like Valeo, which ironically does have that throughout, but is as good of a club as any of the others.
                      Rules Schmules. There are plenty of coaches coaching in the NEP that don't have a C license. There are about 2 dozen coaches here that don't have a C. https://www.nefc.us/staff

Comment

Rules Schmules. There are plenty of coaches coaching in the NEP that don't have a C license. There are about 2 dozen coaches here that don't have a C. https://www.nefc.us/staff

Since you write English I assume you can read it. The post specifically said 'at its inception' and then goes on to say that it might have changed and finally recognizes that a class C license doesn't mean the coach or club is great.

Comment

Since you write English I assume you can read it. The post specifically said 'at its inception' and then goes on to say that it might have changed and finally recognizes that a class C license doesn't mean the coach or club is great.
                          Doc must have a B. I believe Coaches having a C is still a requirement but there is a 2 yr grace period.

Comment

How does adding a lower division water down the league? If your kid is in NPL they wont be affected by this move!

Comment

NEP is already watered down. I know people are talking about a standard for coaches in NEP but there's no standard in players. If there's enough/barely enough players to make a team then the club will put a team in. It's just for money so that being said its nearly impossible to find that coaches that have a C license to coach all these teams.

Comment

NEP is already watered down. I know people are talking about a standard for coaches in NEP but there's no standard in players. If there's enough/barely enough players to make a team then the club will put a team in. It's just for money so that being said its nearly impossible to find that coaches that have a C license to coach all these teams.
                                Ok, enough of this crap. NEP isn't some elite league that only the best of the best get in to. Maple wasn't that way either. As a matter of fact every "premier league" in every state is built the same way. So stop with this ridiculous nonsense. There is a hierarchy within the league and that's perfectly fine. In case you haven't noticed there is minimal competition at the rec/town level and the landscape of soccer has changed. Lower divisions are created for kids and families that have a keen interest in having their children play soccer and learn how to play soccer. Yes there are some parents that have some grand elusions that their kid will make Division 1, but not all parents think that way. The higher divisions are for the "higher end players". The reason its watered down isn't because everyone is accepted its because there are to many clubs and the best kids are spread amongst all of the clubs instead of them all being on one state team. There is absolutely no way in this current environment that they will all be placed on the same team. Every club, regardless of size will more often then not find a spot for a child.

With regards to the coaching license, again its nonsense. These alphabet licenses are a joke. It means absolutely nothing. Give me a coach that has playing experience, is organized, knowledgeable when it comes to soccer, is passionate and is great with kids over some clown that was able to get a week off from work to attend some pointless week long seminar about how to coach kids.

Ok I am off my soap box to go back into the shadows.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X