Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why doesn’t the team have a real keeper? That’s the question I would be asking.
    Sometimes nobody wants to be keeper, or the players that do simply aren't up to the task.

At younger ages, everyone should get a turn in goal. In HS, you probably want an inexperienced keeper in goal, and should only be turning to outfield players when desperate. When a team doesn't have a keeper and one field player is strong-armed by the coach into donning the gloves against his or her will, Bad Things often happen: The teams give up goals, the player gets discouraged, and in some cases the player or parent will need to give the coach an ultimatum--find a different keeper or we are leaving.

Comment

Why doesn’t the team have a real keeper? That’s the question I would be asking.
      Is it the high school ban?

Comment

Who travels without a keeper? And follow up question ,,,why?

Comment

Who travels without a keeper? And follow up question ,,,why?
          You only get to pick from kids that show up. You can’t force kids to play. So you do with what you got and if you have to patch players into spots that’s what you do.

Comment

You only get to pick from kids that show up. You can’t force kids to play. So you do with what you got and if you have to patch players into spots that’s what you do.
            You play with what you got.

Comment

Sometimes nobody wants to be keeper, or the players that do simply aren't up to the task.

At younger ages, everyone should get a turn in goal. In HS, you probably want an inexperienced keeper in goal, and should only be turning to outfield players when desperate. When a team doesn't have a keeper and one field player is strong-armed by the coach into donning the gloves against his or her will, Bad Things often happen: The teams give up goals, the player gets discouraged, and in some cases the player or parent will need to give the coach an ultimatum--find a different keeper or we are leaving.
              You want an inexperienced keeper? I assume that’s a typo?

Comment

Why does this even need to be discussed. Of course you do whatever you have to to help the team. When short players you plug in where needed and make the best of it. Keeper is fun.
                How come no keeper?

Comment

Are throns letting kids play high school soccer now?

Comment

I’m not telling.

Comment

I’m not telling.
                      Lodestar

Comment

Only JV2 - but that's the entire Thornz roster anyway...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X