Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    After this year's mess I think it will. Some will graduate out, some will drop off on their own or transfer. This was discussed earlier. The guy was vilified for trying to do the right thing, but he would have been vilified for making big cuts too.
    Doing the right thing lol.....Poor MM being vilified for bringing 32 recruits in 2 years. Sounds like ur a MM flunky, why was he suspended last year?

Comment

Doing the right thing lol.....Poor MM being vilified for bringing 32 recruits in 2 years. Sounds like ur a MM flunky, why was he suspended last year?
      Not a flunkie, not even at the school either (although my player considered it). I followed the saga because it was an interesting case of what not to do as a new coach. No way a roster that big ever works, even if it's all ponies and rainbows and everyone gets along.

Comment

He didn’t. Honored those already coming and brought in others as well. Big class and big roster. But it hasn’t been a secret. As someone else said, if he cut everyone when he came in, all hell would have broken loose. He kept them and caught heat for people angry they weren’t playing. Lesson to be learned for coaches—rip off the band aid and clean house. Lesson to be learned by players—be careful what you wish for. This SHU crew pushed out the previous coach bc they didn’t like her and now find themselves on the wrong end of the bench when the new coaches brought in better players.

College sports do need an overhaul in terms of roster size but as someone else mentioned, some schools use sports to drive up enrollment. And if they cut down on the rosters, with fewer spots, imagine the craziness during the recruiting period? Would be uglier than it is now.

Comment

if thats what makes you feel better then you are a LOSER! Get a life helicopter dad. Im sure your kid hates you.
          Where did you get the term "helicopter" from my post? If anything, you bringing your child to an ID camp without knowing how they work is exactly what I said, STUPID. So, that makes YOU stupid for sure. The way you talk about everything in an early post sounds like you are for sure a "helicopter" and a coaches worst nightmare. Do you email over PT or NPL also?

Stay in your lane, stupid parent. Just send her to 10-15 ID's and hope one gets an email back. HAHA! As Eddie Murphy once said, "Whats ya IG-NERT"?

Comment

He didn’t. Honored those already coming and brought in others as well. Big class and big roster. But it hasn’t been a secret. As someone else said, if he cut everyone when he came in, all hell would have broken loose. He kept them and caught heat for people angry they weren’t playing. Lesson to be learned for coaches—rip off the band aid and clean house. Lesson to be learned by players—be careful what you wish for. This SHU crew pushed out the previous coach bc they didn’t like her and now find themselves on the wrong end of the bench when the new coaches brought in better players.

College sports do need an overhaul in terms of roster size but as someone else mentioned, some schools use sports to drive up enrollment. And if they cut down on the rosters, with fewer spots, imagine the craziness during the recruiting period? Would be uglier than it is now.
            The AD should have told MM to slow his roll. AD could have said that he gets 8 recruits a year and that is it. Deal with it. This would be consistent with most other programs and would be considered the norm by players and outside agitators. Who cares if SHU sucks in year 1 or year 2? AD should have given MM assurances that his position would not be in jeopardy in the near term based on results.

I guess they both wanted Ws as soon as possible and both were on board with the strategy....they also knew there would be collateral damage as a result. Onward.

Comment

The AD should have told MM to slow his roll. AD could have said that he gets 8 recruits a year and that is it. Deal with it. This would be consistent with most other programs and would be considered the norm by players and outside agitators. Who cares if SHU sucks in year 1 or year 2? AD should have given MM assurances that his position would not be in jeopardy in the near term based on results.

I guess they both wanted Ws as soon as possible and both were on board with the strategy....they also knew there would be collateral damage as a result. Onward.
              It definitely was poorly handled by both the AD and coach. Incoming coaches often times are under intense pressure to turn things around quickly. Giving them more time to build is preferred, it just doesn't happen often. AD at SHU isn't a crack operator either. Women's soccer isn't the only sport there with issues.

Comment

How could he slow the roll? He has 12 CFC United kids a year coming to the program. I heard they are calling SHU, Sacred Heart United now.

Comment

I don't get where SHU keeps finding the $ for all the expansion programs they've had the last few years. They just announced a $60M ice arena. https://westfaironline.com/120791/sa...7uzwzOrnq4WZps

Comment

I don't get where SHU keeps finding the $ for all the expansion programs they've had the last few years. They just announced a $60M ice arena. https://westfaironline.com/120791/sa...7uzwzOrnq4WZps
                    ID Clinics. lol

Comment

ID Clinics. lol
                      :) or filling rosters with full pay bench warmers certainly helps

Comment

About $1.05 trillion of Americans’ student loan debt is in the form of direct loans. That’s a steep increase from five years ago when the total was $508.7 billion.

Students/families are paying for the hockey rink....and all the other cool stuff colleges feel they need to have in order to attract students.

Comment

I highly doubt they are fully funded so I’m guessing that the additional kids are full pays. What school in their right mind would turn that away. I also don’t feel badly for the kids that are there. They pushed out the last coach and get what they deserve now. Plus the roster size has not been a secret. If people choose to go there and it doesn’t work out for them, it’s on them. They don’t hide it for heavens sake. The release is on their website as is their roster. What I find interesting is that no one seems to be leaving so they must be having an ok experience. Who would stay otherwise?

Comment

I highly doubt they are fully funded so I’m guessing that the additional kids are full pays. What school in their right mind would turn that away. I also don’t feel badly for the kids that are there. They pushed out the last coach and get what they deserve now. Plus the roster size has not been a secret. If people choose to go there and it doesn’t work out for them, it’s on them. They don’t hide it for heavens sake. The release is on their website as is their roster. What I find interesting is that no one seems to be leaving so they must be having an ok experience. Who would stay otherwise?
                            40 on 2019 roster - 6 seniors + 11 commits = 45. He better hope that some quit or transfer because that is an insane number.

Comment

40 on 2019 roster - 6 seniors + 11 commits = 45. He better hope that some quit or transfer because that is an insane number.
                              The previous coaches recruits will see zero play time in the fall.

Comment

The previous coaches recruits will see zero play time in the fall.
                                I would imagine some of the current coaches recruits will be in the same situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X