Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    given DA has had corner on market for boys talent for years, with girls what you see on field outside of HS soccer is what you get...be the star all you want in HS but not likely for most to get you far for college placement....given current strength of national pipelines of ECNL and DA it is rarity to find a player outside of either make it to a D1 school or soccer career beyond... debating girls HS all state awards and bragging on this site as OP suggested as a predictor of college placement is pointless...I know some of these teams who are loaded with all state players and same players could not cut it at D1, D2 or even D3 depending upon program...stay tuned it will be interesting to see the "lists" the elite clubs (you know who you are) come up with this year or next for their players placements.. real talent on girls side has already been picked up..all others just chasing at this stage so best to be realistic about the program as will be right for their skill and level of play
    there are no giant (elite) clubs in ct .... simply midgets of slightly different statures

Comment

I'm the OP. My son is being recruited by d3 and low d1. My question was does being named all state mean anything to college coaches. Like, my son also has 3 stars on Top Drawer soccer, and I know that means nothing to coaches. Is All State meaningless or does it mean something, that's all. Never asked , or thought, it was a "predictor " of recruitment.

Comment

I'm the OP. My son is being recruited by d3 and low d1. My question was does being named all state mean anything to college coaches. Like, my son also has 3 stars on Top Drawer soccer, and I know that means nothing to coaches. Is All State meaningless or does it mean something, that's all. Never asked , or thought, it was a "predictor " of recruitment.

its a nice award but it means nothing to college coaches on its own
        if your son is being recruited they have seen him play and like what they saw (all state or not)- lots of kids in college playing who weren't all state and lots of kids not playing who were. for a million different reasons

Comment

Actually D1 college coaches list out bios for their players (D3 not so much-not often much to brag about ) and top drawer ranking and high level awards are in fact listed out. If your kid is not ranked on top drawer either your kid fails to play for a league worth noting or they are not a player worthy of a ranking. You do have to create an account with topdrawer for your kid to be on radar for ranking.

Comment

Actually D1 college coaches list out bios for their players (D3 not so much-not often much to brag about ) and top drawer ranking and high level awards are in fact listed out. If your kid is not ranked on top drawer either your kid fails to play for a league worth noting or they are not a player worthy of a ranking. You do have to create an account with topdrawer for your kid to be on radar for ranking.
            top drawer rankings are a joke- never created an account, my kid is ranked

Comment

Many programs don't list TDS ratings. Coaches know it's a joke. They will list major accolades like all state, all region etc, even lesser ones if there's not much to talk about

Comment

As was said, they will either like him or not based in performance in the field. The award won't matter. If he'd been named all star as a frosh that would have possibly gotten him on a few more radars but coaches still pursue players based in seeing them on the field.

Comment

On the boys side, european academies of pro clubs dominate. Not close.
                  Among Connecticut high school players??!

Comment

Among Connecticut high school players??!
                    Not the poster but pre school soccer - which is a completely different animal than public school and has it's own All state award group - has loads of foreign kids dominating and getting recruited to top US universities.

Comment

Not the poster but pre school soccer - which is a completely different animal than public school and has it's own All state award group - has loads of foreign kids dominating and getting recruited to top US universities.
                      lol prep school....oops

Comment

lol prep school....oops
                        The Vegas line on a prep school game vs public easily opens at -3 (AOF) and -5 (Berkshire, South Kent) vs Hall, Glastonbury, Greenwich and Farmington. EASILY!

Comment

Loomis used to scrimmage a few of the top LL schools. Yes, sometimes they won and yes believe or not in your foolish little prep world....they lost on a consistent basis.
                          Prep as well as Academy soccer the most over rated thing in the soccer world.

Comment

Loomis used to scrimmage a few of the top LL schools. Yes, sometimes they won and yes believe or not in your foolish little prep world....they lost on a consistent basis.
                            Prep as well as Academy soccer the most over rated thing in the soccer world.
                            Used to? That already is your red flag. Lets get it straight. The top LL teams will have friendlies against other LL teams in another league. Glastonbury plays a jamboree vs Staples, Greenwich, etc.

Farmington played AOF and majority of starters from AOF sat out and it was a JV vs Farmington game. ( which is how most do it in sports vs Prep schools...Public vs JV teams) Hockey, hoops, tennis etc.
                            It is pretty simple, look at the prep league boys college placements vs public. The Vegas line isn't even posted for that because it is not even close.

Comment

Used to? That already is your red flag. Lets get it straight. The top LL teams will have friendlies against other LL teams in another league. Glastonbury plays a jamboree vs Staples, Greenwich, etc.

Farmington played AOF and majority of starters from AOF sat out and it was a JV vs Farmington game. ( which is how most do it in sports vs Prep schools...Public vs JV teams) Hockey, hoops, tennis etc.
                              It is pretty simple, look at the prep league boys college placements vs public. The Vegas line isn't even posted for that because it is not even close.
                              is that because the majority of prep school starters are 20 years old- asking for a friend

Comment

The JV players or bench players at the Preps are about the age of the Varsity kids at a public school so it makes more sense. Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X