Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We have a few delusional parents that insist on dragging their kids to bethany on sunday nights. Stupid parents
    If you read the posts on this thread and others on this site, the comments about this program are extremely positive... maybe your the one that’s delusional.

Comment

Here's a thought: rather than listen to anonymous posters, go watch a session and see for yourself. It's been awhile since my now high schooler did it in middle school but I think the times and locations are on line, or they would probably let you know if you ask. We had a positive experience with my player who wanted to improve in order to move up a level. Not everyone was great but several were, and the coaching was top notch.

Comment

If you read the posts on this thread and others on this site, the comments about this program are extremely positive... maybe your the one that’s delusional.
        I'd say the posts were extremely mixed opinions. Most of the kids from small clubs would probably find it useful and challenging while most players from A teams at big clubs would probably find the talent level to be lacking in quality overall. Smaller clubs kids are looking for stronger teammates and coaches and bigger club kids (A teams only) often already have that.

Comment

I'd say the posts were extremely mixed opinions. Most of the kids from small clubs would probably find it useful and challenging while most players from A teams at big clubs would probably find the talent level to be lacking in quality overall. Smaller clubs kids are looking for stronger teammates and coaches and bigger club kids (A teams only) often already have that.
          My child attends this training and I can tell you that the kids that lack quality, technical skills and soccer IQ are actually A team players from one of the top 3 clubs. And I'm not referring to that one club that everyone bashes for having kids that lack skill and soccer IQ.

Comment

My child attends this training and I can tell you that the kids that lack quality, technical skills and soccer IQ are actually A team players from one of the top 3 clubs. And I'm not referring to that one club that everyone bashes for having kids that lack skill and soccer IQ.
            Right. You know every player that attends and which club they go to.

Comment

Right. You know every player that attends and which club they go to.
              Hit a nerve? The parents talk on the sidelines and the kids talk too. You know what kids are from what clubs and which teams they are on. Its an obvious lack of skill and soccer IQ that stands out. I was actually surprised myself.

Comment

I think all these money grabs and programming is because kids don't just play anymore. Combine that with know nothing parents

Comment

Hit a nerve? The parents talk on the sidelines and the kids talk too. You know what kids are from what clubs and which teams they are on. Its an obvious lack of skill and soccer IQ that stands out. I was actually surprised myself.
                  Trust me... your kid isn’t all that and you’re a jackarse for paying into something your kid could do in the back yard or basement.

Comment

Trust me... your kid isn’t all that and you’re a jackarse for paying into something your kid could do in the back yard or basement.
                    100%. If your kid isn't learning at their club, you are at wrong club. Look for a coach that can teach the game, gets a ton of touches in practice and challenges to work on weaknesses. Bethany ay 8pm on sunday nights? Overuse, stupid parents

Comment

100%. If your kid isn't learning at their club, you are at wrong club. Look for a coach that can teach the game, gets a ton of touches in practice and challenges to work on weaknesses. Bethany ay 8pm on sunday nights? Overuse, stupid parents
                      The program is generally for <14 and under. Most kids in the program aren't getting 3 practices a week from their clubs, especially some of the clubs they are coming from. There's a few ECNL and DA kids but not many, and again they're younger, not 16. One hour once a week isn't going to give them overuse injuries, and definitely not in the winter when all teams cut back on practices. Compared to abroad the amount of time kids spend playing and practicing is wholly insufficient. Practicing for 3x / 1.5 hours a week is still woefully behind. Yes kids should spend more time playing and practicing on their own also, but an hour of good coaching and playing with others, not by yourself, can be helpful for some.

Like someone said - go watch if you think it might help your kid. If you don't like what you see, don't sign up. Pretty simple. Why do people get so upset about how others want to spend their money? Or are the negative posts from a competitor?

Comment

you keep telling yourself that- bet thats how you introduce yourself

" hi, i'm mr so& so A Team BIG CLUB"

Comment

Not the OP. I have listened to parents talk and gossip about my kid in front of me not knowing i was the parent and to their “knowledge” my kid has done a million things and has been playing with whatever teams and she has “done” a lot of crap that I had no knowledge of. The point is, parents are often misinformed, get involved in the preteen/teen drama, and go along with the inflated information often inflating it even more and sharing it. If you want to silently judge, go ahead. If you want to admire someone’s talent, you’re welcome so. But honestly, EVERYONE, should admire the fact that the so called stars/non-stars of their teams are trying to get better by getting extra touches. Getting extra touches doesn’t necessarily point out the lack of club development, it’s giving them a different environment they can learn from. In the end, EVERY parent wants a coach that can get the best out of their kids and I’m pretty sure every coach wants to provide that development.

Comment

Having been through this with one kid and now with another that’s on the tail end, my perspective is entirely different now.

Lesson #1. Around every corner someone is trying get into your pocket. Summer teams, winter supplemental, futsal, ODP, camps, recruitment business etc. you can’t do it all. For most it should be club team and then work on their own in the yard, garage etc. Parents are chasing every advantage. In a few short years you’ll realize that a Sunday night training is silly and only benefits those who profit

Lesson# 2. These kids aren’t made of rubber. Overuse is a very really issue. I’ve watched many talented girls go through ACL injuries and almost without fail these are players who were involved in everything. The body can only handle so much and no amount of stretching or prevention stops it. Don’t let your kid play non stop, the issue is rampant.

Lesson #3 Don’t do ODP regardless of what anyone tells you.

Lesson #4 Local premier teams offer a pathway to college soccer. They might but your kid has to be a unicorn and chances of success are very low. We have two ECNL teams and DA at every age. If you can’t make one, is college soccer actually realistic?

Comment

I know that ODP isn’t what it used to be, but there are a number of good coaches within the system and the year end regional tournament is a good experience. As long as you don’t go into it thinking you are getting a call from YNT coaches, it’s not the traffic wreck that everyone makes it out to be.

Comment

Not the OP. I have listened to parents talk and gossip about my kid in front of me not knowing i was the parent and to their “knowledge” my kid has done a million things and has been playing with whatever teams and she has “done” a lot of crap that I had no knowledge of. The point is, parents are often misinformed, get involved in the preteen/teen drama, and go along with the inflated information often inflating it even more and sharing it. If you want to silently judge, go ahead. If you want to admire someone’s talent, you’re welcome so. But honestly, EVERYONE, should admire the fact that the so called stars/non-stars of their teams are trying to get better by getting extra touches. Getting extra touches doesn’t necessarily point out the lack of club development, it’s giving them a different environment they can learn from. In the end, EVERY parent wants a coach that can get the best out of their kids and I’m pretty sure every coach wants to provide that development.
                                we created our own for our kids

got a group who wanted to do it- all good players- then went out and hired the coach we wanted to run it
                                worked out great , got everything we wanted out of it, the coach made some coin, did it in the local park so that didnt cost anything- win win for everyone
                                no egos , just work on the things we needed to work on, simple and affordable

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X