Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But by the WHO definition as well seasonal flu is not and cannot be pandemic. That was what a poster insisted on over and over.

CDC and WHO definitions consistent with seasonal flu by DEFINITION cannot be considered pandemic
    as was stated many times-by the poster you reference- the CDC doesn't consider it a pandemic

amazing that you cant grasp a simple point

Comment

That post above shows WHO et al define it as a new/novel disease. Flu is not new/novel. Is it all over the globe? Absolutely but it has been global literally for generations. Flu is tricky because it mutates rapidly and has countless strains. Some strains are worse than others, but just about anyone in the world will have some flu antibodies in their system. No one has C19 antibodies because it's new.

Comment

I can and also have technical fluency with the subject matter. What are your qualifications as far as coursework in relevant sciences and when ?
        its called the farquin dictionary
        my qualifications is that I have used one since the 3rd grade so my technical fluency in its use is extensive
        there is also a little thing called a library- was once considered a center of knowledge but now is in your iPhone- very convenient

so now give us your quals for whatever it is you are talking about

Comment

I read this awhile ago about the 1918 global flu outbreak because I'm kind of a history nerd. Great read and much to be learned from it

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Influen...s%2C151&sr=1-1

Comment

From the CDC: It's all about "new".

Pandemic Influenza: An influenza pandemic is a global outbreak of a new influenza A virus. Pandemics happen when new (novel) influenza A viruses emerge which are able to infect people easily and spread from person to person in an efficient and sustained way. The United States is NOT currently experiencing an influenza pandemic. CDC influenza programs protect Cdc-pdf[1.1 MB, 2 pages, 508] the United States from seasonal influenza and an influenza pandemic, which occurs when a new flu virus emerges that can infect people and spread globally.

Even the flu can be a NEW strain but most years it is not, therefore most seasonal flus are not pandemics. Covid 19 is/will be a pandemic because of its geographic spread, contagious properties and novelty

General info https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/index.htm

Seasonal vs Pandemic flu https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ics/about.html

Comment

From the CDC: It's all about "new".

Pandemic Influenza: An influenza pandemic is a global outbreak of a new influenza A virus. Pandemics happen when new (novel) influenza A viruses emerge which are able to infect people easily and spread from person to person in an efficient and sustained way. The United States is NOT currently experiencing an influenza pandemic. CDC influenza programs protect Cdc-pdf[1.1 MB, 2 pages, 508] the United States from seasonal influenza and an influenza pandemic, which occurs when a new flu virus emerges that can infect people and spread globally.

Even the flu can be a NEW strain but most years it is not, therefore most seasonal flus are not pandemics. Covid 19 is/will be a pandemic because of its geographic spread, contagious properties and novelty

General info https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/index.htm

Seasonal vs Pandemic flu https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ics/about.html

Once again ....that CDC publication I gave you told you have only been THREE flu pandemics since 1900.....so “seasonal” flu is not pandemic

We know you cons exist to try to toss everything in the air, but il happy to let readers decide . So I’ll just keep
              Repeating myself as I’m sure we will
              Be talking about this for a good few days at least

Comment

How often does it happen?

Seasonal Flu: Happens annually and usually peaks between December and February

Pandemic Flu: Rarely happens (three times in 20th century)

^^^ from the CDC

Comment

Merry Christmas from Donald Trump

Wow and I thought I saw it all on TS.

The coronavirus is real and will spread across the world to include US. But small minds are easily manipulated by the media into a frenzy to boost rating and ad revenue. Small minds are easily manipulated by politicians looking to score political points over their rivals.

Use your common sense and do what is always done to prevent the spread of disease like the flu. And then go on with life in a non-panic mode. Otherwise you are just an easily manipulated fool and doing exactly what they want you to do.

Fk you I won't do what you tell me
                  well fk you too...the only corona i want is one with a lime in it...HECHO e MEXICO!!!!...fool

Comment

Once again ....that CDC publication I gave you told you have only been THREE flu pandemics since 1900.....so “seasonal” flu is not pandemic

We know you cons exist to try to toss everything in the air, but il happy to let readers decide . So I’ll just keep
                    Repeating myself as I’m sure we will
                    Be talking about this for a good few days at least
                    You are responding to the wrong person. I posted the CDC links in support of your argument. Regardless of the official definition very few know the definition or care about it. The word Pandemic freaks people out. It's not always rational because 1) humans aren't always rational 2) some won't take the time to learn

Comment

You are responding to the wrong person. I posted the CDC links in support of your argument. Regardless of the official definition very few know the definition or care about it. The word Pandemic freaks people out. It's not always rational because 1) humans aren't always rational 2) some won't take the time to learn
                      a lot of BS info out there-

example- Cali put out info that they are tracking 8k suspected cases- what does that mean?
                      that they have 8k new cases? no it means nothing
                      San Fran declared a state of emergency? they dont have any cases at all yet- why broadcast it?
                      we are allowing ourselves to be pushed to panic by sensational headlines about PANDEMIC
                      we dont have a pandemic here yet- we have 60 cases ,we know where all but one came from and we have a good idea about that one, and nobody has died yet
                      if this thing is going to get bad-it will and there isnt a damn thing the govt can do right now- any govt
                      be smart, , and avoid sick people- you do this everyday anyway

Comment

Remember in 2016 --- Airplane crashes were low and tRUMP took the praise for it?
                        Dow down 1000+ today .... will tRUMP take the credit for that?

News conference yesterday left me thinking that this "president" is certainly not the right man for the job... inspires no confidence.... knows so little .... lacks even rudimentary scientific knowledge ... so he appoints Pence ... (think about it for a moment... am waiting for the "lets all go to church and pray" speech... meanwhile tRUMP took a swing at Pelosi and Schumer today....typical of the Shi.tehouse in the White House ... :)

Comment

a lot of BS info out there-

example- Cali put out info that they are tracking 8k suspected cases- what does that mean?
                          that they have 8k new cases? no it means nothing
                          San Fran declared a state of emergency? they dont have any cases at all yet- why broadcast it?
                          we are allowing ourselves to be pushed to panic by sensational headlines about PANDEMIC
                          we dont have a pandemic here yet- we have 60 cases ,we know where all but one came from and we have a good idea about that one, and nobody has died yet
                          if this thing is going to get bad-it will and there isnt a damn thing the govt can do right now- any govt
                          be smart, , and avoid sick people- you do this everyday anyway
                          HHS workers were sent in to meet Wuhan evacuees at a CA military base without protective gear or training. Now there's one case with no known travel link to explain infection. That is why CA is nervous.

A whistleblower brought it to light. Naturally the administration is trying to punish her. She has years of experience but they tried to silence her. Now tell me now this administration is well equipped to handle this. I dare you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...leblower-says/

Comment

Remember in 2016 --- Airplane crashes were low and tRUMP took the praise for it?
                            Dow down 1000+ today .... will tRUMP take the credit for that?

News conference yesterday left me thinking that this "president" is certainly not the right man for the job... inspires no confidence.... knows so little .... lacks even rudimentary scientific knowledge ... so he appoints Pence ... (think about it for a moment... am waiting for the "lets all go to church and pray" speech... meanwhile tRUMP took a swing at Pelosi and Schumer today....typical of the Shi.tehouse in the White House ... :)
                            Not only is Pence not qualified and thinks god will sort it all out for us, but he's power hungry, vindictive and will do anything to make Trump happy. Him being in charge and filtering all public information is scary AF.

If you want to see a real press conference - watch Gavin Newsome's. That's how you inform the public.

Comment

You are doing a great job Pence-y

Not only is Pence not qualified and thinks god will sort it all out for us, but he's power hungry, vindictive and will do anything to make Trump happy. Him being in charge and filtering all public information is scary AF.

If you want to see a real press conference - watch Gavin Newsome's. That's how you inform the public.
                              It is sadly laughable.... Pence is ironically one of the least Christian people you will ever meet... kneeling publicly before his false wannabe orange god ... science is clearly a problem for his wacky world view.... so to put him at the reins will mean lots of unnecessary suffering and deaths ... Let's see who will be to blame? HRC, Bill Clinton, Obama, Pelosi and Schumer...
                              Hey Repugs .... when you going to wake up from your self-imposed nightmare? Dumb and Dumber are a real and present danger.....

Comment

im sure he was so eloquent when he told San fran that shyte and needles were the new sidewalks

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X