Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSA buying Fury, then selling to an Italian club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The practice of wiping out a town program through a bribe or "payment" to a board member of a non-profit club that should be representing the club members/community not "his" financial interests, could be argued to be a form of racketeering.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. This practice may be occurring but it is criminal from both sides.
    Since Bayport was mentioned earlier on this thread, I checked to see if Susa wiped out the club. Here's what I found-
    http://libayportsc.website.siplay.com/Site/Tryouts

It seems the club has a travel team in many age groups on both boys & girls sides, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Comment

Not correct. Albertson Fury was the original club and had ECNL. Never were granted DA. Riley created FC Fury and somehow got DA without ever having been in existence. Then Alberston Fury is ECNL, so Riley created yet another entity FC Albertson Fury and was granted DA there too. But they lost DA after only one year. So now Albertson Fury has the younger girls teams then FC Fury takes over at a certain age. Problem is FC Fury is on life support due to him blatantly breaking the no HS rule which caused many players to be suspended . Bottom line stay away from anything that has his fingerprints on it.
      OK, so there's actually Albertson Fury, FC Fury, and FC Albertson fury, all different entities, but they revolve around Riley and FC Albertson Fury is the only one that folded after 1 year. I understand why there is a lot of shade directed at Riley out there now.

Comment

Since Bayport was mentioned earlier on this thread, I checked to see if Susa wiped out the club. Here's what I found-

It seems the club has a travel team in many age groups on both boys & girls sides, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
        Issue is if it can be proven that ANY board member took a dollar to move a team or teams from a local non-profit club to a for profit club it could be deemed criminal on both parties.

If there was a collective agreement that was approved (voted on) by the non-profit board and a payment was made and collected by the treasure of the local club then it is NOT a crime.

A board member who has a duty to the club member to be fully transparent and CANT collect money for his sole behalf.

Susa is just as culpable. They can "try" and say hey we aren't on these local boards we are just expanding our business through free enterprise etc... Its still dishonest and defrauding a group of people in this case the members of the Youth program (Bayport, Sachem, Dix Hills etc) so they are in it just as deeply as the board members. Did these board members vote on accepting these payments? Did their member know these payments were made? Where did the funds go? Did they go into the program or into the board members bank account?

Comment

Here is how it worked. Bayport, Commack and Dix Hills all took the cash and the re-branded the majority of their teams as "SUSA". Some individual coaches and trainers from other clubs also took the cash and brought over the teams that they controlled. But the bribe money was only a one-time payment. Year two rolled around and when they were told no more bribe money was coming their way, they started fielding teams under their own clubs names again. So while the clubs were not wiped out, they did lose a ton of players to SUSA that never returned to their home clubs. And continue to lose talent to SUSA because it was now the stronger program from buying all that talent.

Comment

Issue is if it can be proven that ANY board member took a dollar to move a team or teams from a local non-profit club to a for profit club it could be deemed criminal on both parties.

If there was a collective agreement that was approved (voted on) by the non-profit board and a payment was made and collected by the treasure of the local club then it is NOT a crime.

A board member who has a duty to the club member to be fully transparent and CANT collect money for his sole behalf.

Susa is just as culpable. They can "try" and say hey we aren't on these local boards we are just expanding our business through free enterprise etc... Its still dishonest and defrauding a group of people in this case the members of the Youth program (Bayport, Sachem, Dix Hills etc) so they are in it just as deeply as the board members. Did these board members vote on accepting these payments? Did their member know these payments were made? Where did the funds go? Did they go into the program or into the board members bank account?
            The payments were kept secret and went directly to those that were being paid off to convince their teams to move to SUSA.

Comment

Here is how it worked. Bayport, Commack and Dix Hills all took the cash and the re-branded the majority of their teams as "SUSA". Some individual coaches and trainers from other clubs also took the cash and brought over the teams that they controlled. But the bribe money was only a one-time payment. Year two rolled around and when they were told no more bribe money was coming their way, they started fielding teams under their own clubs names again. So while the clubs were not wiped out, they did lose a ton of players to SUSA that never returned to their home clubs. And continue to lose talent to SUSA because it was now the stronger program from buying all that talent.
              Whoops, left out Sound Beach. They were part of this too.

Comment

Whoops, left out Sound Beach. They were part of this too.
                Sound beach is a little more of a special case because the DoC of Sound Beach, Eddie Hackett, was hired as a full-time SUSA employee as part of him bringing the Sound Beach teams over so that was done a little more in the open.

Comment

But didn't all this happen like 4 years ago? Me thinks you need to move on. By the tenor of your obsessive posts, one can only assume your kid wasn't a Susa star and that's why you're still so bitter!

Comment

They also openly bought ISA which is fair. The hiring of Dan from KK and his attempt to bring over a bunch of the KK teams with him over to SUSA was a little shady but still isn't the same of the outright bribes paid to Bayport, Commack and Dix Hills to rebadge their teams under the SUSA banner.

Comment

But didn't all this happen like 4 years ago? Me thinks you need to move on. By the tenor of your obsessive posts, one can only assume your kid wasn't a Susa star and that's why you're still so bitter!
                      They still are doing the same kind of stuff, just at a smaller scale. They bought themselves a high-end older team just this past fall and last summer they pulled the stunt of hiring Dan from KK with the agreement that he would try to drag over as many KK players and teams with him over to SUSA.

For the record, my club president turned down the bribe money. And then when they switched to plan B and attempted to bribe our individual coaches and trainers they all turned down the bribe money as well. So we weren't hurt by it but I resent the attempt.

Comment

Well not only that, if the players/families felt their prior town clubs were offering a better product-they would've returned. You can't literally "buy" teams of players in a free market. Regardless of Susa, stronger players usually move on from town clubs once they hit 12/13

Comment

They still are doing the same kind of stuff, just at a smaller scale. They bought themselves a high-end older team just this past fall and last summer they pulled the stunt of hiring Dan from KK with the agreement that he would try to drag over as many KK players and teams with him over to SUSA.

For the record, my club president turned down the bribe money. And then when they switched to plan B and attempted to bribe our individual coaches and trainers they all turned down the bribe money as well. So we weren't hurt by it but I resent the attempt.
                          I don't buy it, nobody gets this worked up if they weren't hurt by it.

Comment

I appreciate the posts that don't support this crap whether you think its illegal or not. I am the one posting why its illegal but regardless its underhanded and sleazy.

These board members are worse than the Susa people from my viewpoint. They have a clear duty to their members and are making decisions without board approval (big non/no), without alerting their members (big no/no) and pocketing money for themselves (huge no/no). They are NOT suppose to gain a dime or any favors (renovations, trips , etc) from being an elected board member of a community youth soccer program. PERIOD!! Don't believe me look it up. Susa not off the hook if its proven they did any of this. Responsible people should believe in accountability and not sleazy acts under the guise of just doing business.

4 years ago some of this occurred according to the poster who is okay with this sort of stuff, good for him. Well guess what, if its proven to be an ongoing criminal act its ALL connected to the most recent act. So to me federal statutes will get them in the end. I don't believe this will continue to fly under the radar of the local DA's who will then turn over to the federal DA's. Sorry board members who have been removed from your posts because you served the community so well, lol you will not be exempt from any of this when it gets in the right hands.

Comment

SUSA buying Fury, then selling to an Italian club?

I appreciate the posts that don't support this crap whether you think its illegal or not. I am the one posting why its illegal but regardless its underhanded and sleazy.

These board members are worse than the Susa people from my viewpoint. They have a clear duty to their members and are making decisions without board approval (big non/no), without alerting their members (big no/no) and pocketing money for themselves (huge no/no). They are NOT suppose to gain a dime or any favors (renovations, trips , etc) from being an elected board member of a community youth soccer program. PERIOD!! Don't believe me look it up. Susa not off the hook if its proven they did any of this. Responsible people should believe in accountability and not sleazy acts under the guise of just doing business.

4 years ago some of this occurred according to the poster who is okay with this sort of stuff, good for him. Well guess what, if its proven to be an ongoing criminal act its ALL connected to the most recent act. So to me federal statutes will get them in the end. I don't believe this will continue to fly under the radar of the local DA's who will then turn over to the federal DA's. Sorry board members who have been removed from your posts because you served the community so well, lol you will not be exempt from any of this when it gets in the right hands.
                              I would think that the presidents of the clubs that took the money obviously kicked some $$$ back to the other board members of the club...They would obviously have to vote on this...In the end, susa made $$$$ by bringing in teams and charging each kid $2500+ for tuition, board members made some money, and guess what? The kids still played soccer!!!....its a win, win win for all!!!!

Comment

I would think that the presidents of the clubs that took the money obviously kicked some $$$ back to the other board members of the club...They would obviously have to vote on this...In the end, susa made $$$$ by bringing in teams and charging each kid $2500+ for tuition, board members made some money, and guess what? The kids still played soccer!!!....its a win, win win for all!!!!
                                Great line of thinking right there. Board members are not there to make money. But I guess you missed that lesson while going for your GED.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X