Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There aren't many public schools that dominate year in and year out. But I took a quick look - Old Lyme has won or been in the semis for the last four years in S and isn't moved up, but not a school of choice. Ridgefield and GHS might fit but there's nowhere for them to go.
    arent all schools schools of choice?- you choose to go to the one paid for by your taxes,or you choose to find one that has AG or trade or religion, or you choose to spend for private or boarding school

dont people move to towns with good schools?-isnt that you choosing a school system?

Comment

arent all schools schools of choice?- you choose to go to the one paid for by your taxes,or you choose to find one that has AG or trade or religion, or you choose to spend for private or boarding school

dont people move to towns with good schools?-isnt that you choosing a school system?
      Ah....no

Comment

Ah....no
        So you are stuck where you are?
        That’s sad

Comment

Yes, your comment is correct. But, not what CIAC means by "school of choice". I believe CIAC means any school other than your town public school

Comment

So you are stuck where you are?
            That’s sad
            Top 5 district that I pay for in property taxes. But I make out on the deal educating my 3 kids with my tax $ vs the suckers that live in good districts yet spend tens of thousands in private school tuitions.

Comment

Top 5 district that I pay for in property taxes. But I make out on the deal educating my 3 kids with my tax $ vs the suckers that live in good districts yet spend tens of thousands in private school tuitions.
              isn't that exactly why you moved there? so you wouldn't HAVE to spend extra dollars to get your kids a good education

some people choose to do that, for many different reasons

Comment

Yes, your comment is correct. But, not what CIAC means by "school of choice". I believe CIAC means any school other than your town public school
                agreed , but I can rent in any town and go to that school ( don't laugh it has been done many times)

is that what CIAC envisioned?

Comment

agreed , but I can rent in any town and go to that school ( don't laugh it has been done many times)

is that what CIAC envisioned?
                  Damn.....now that trinity hs is closing, we will never win another game

Bridgeport central parent

Comment

Damn.....now that trinity hs is closing, we will never win another game

Bridgeport central parent
                    the handbag mafia is going to be pissed- that was stat day for their studs

Comment

This will allow all the FCIAC schools to pick up an out of conference game

Comment

This will allow all the FCIAC schools to pick up an out of conference game

We will see who the big dogs will play, will they play a team of their quality or feast on a lower team for an easy win.

Imagine a OOC game between Staples and Glastonbury.

Comment

We will see who the big dogs will play, will they play a team of their quality or feast on a lower team for an easy win.

Does Glastonbury have the ability to do an OOC game with the number of teams in their league?

Comment

think about it- who wants an L or a D ?
                            my guess for Stj,staples or RHS it will be hard to find someone willing may end up playing 15 games and going with that
                            wether Gbury, Southington can or not why would they want to?

Comment

Staples comes back to the pack this year. Nothing special about next year’s team.

Comment

think about it- who wants an L or a D ?
                                my guess for Stj,staples or RHS it will be hard to find someone willing may end up playing 15 games and going with that
                                wether Gbury, Southington can or not why would they want to?
                                Too far to travel

If it's out of conference they'd all play someone closer. No way anyone's riding a bus for an hour and a half each way to play a game during the season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X