Purpose of parent Club Loyalty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Agree ... If things are not good just move on. June rolls around go try out at different clubs You're kids a free agent have fun with it , you owe the old club nothing .[/QUOTE]

Soccer clubs are like a lot of things in life (churches, schools, volunteer organizations, etc.). You get out what you put in.

Some families invest a lot in the club and in return the club invests a lot in them.

Some other families invest a minimum in the club and get the minimum in return.

When our oldest daughter made a list of everyone she wanted to thank at her college signing day party it was incredible how many people at the club had invested in her.[/QUOTE]

What are you living fairyland? What a joke

Comment

I'll give you one huge reason: our club has a slogan. That's right. "One Club, One Family" That's why we're so loyal.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a cult...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Just reading this makes me think that if you have to ask this kind of question this way, then your family probably has not had the benefit of actually belonging to a "club".

The best clubs provide such a good experience for the families that the families become loyal to the club. Belonging to a soccer club is much more involved than "paying the club money for a service." We have a monthly membership at a neighborhood car wash. We pay our money and they wash our cars. Belonging to a soccer club is much, much more involved than that - and that generates loyalty.
        We are the client paying in exchange of a service, the loyalty ends the moment the service provider not longer worth our money.

Comment

We are the client paying in exchange of a service, the loyalty ends the moment the service provider not longer worth our money.
          or when your kids best friend's decides to move clubs:)

Comment

or when your kids best friend's decides to move clubs:)
            Maybe your kid, mine is focus and not afraid to move out of his comfort zone. He’s a go getter

Comment

If you can’t make phone calls on your cell phone, do you continue with that service or move onto another company that has better service.

Comment

If you can’t make phone calls on your cell phone, do you continue with that service or move onto another company that has better service.
                Loyalty is a relationship that is involved in a covenant. Soccer clubs are businesses. Any club that wields "loyalty" as a attempt to retain customers is probably a club that is lacking elsewhere. A covenant is COMPLETELY different from a contract. Clubs need to provide a service and the price tag better reflect the product. Clubs that cry "loyalty" might stick you deep with the knife on the way out. Club=business, success=top level service+top level personnel. Anything else, get over yourself.

Comment

Just reading this makes me think that if you have to ask this kind of question this way, then your family probably has not had the benefit of actually belonging to a "club".

The best clubs provide such a good experience for the families that the families become loyal to the club. Belonging to a soccer club is much more involved than "paying the club money for a service." We have a monthly membership at a neighborhood car wash. We pay our money and they wash our cars. Belonging to a soccer club is much, much more involved than that - and that generates loyalty.
                  you state, "belonging to a soccer club is much, much more involved than that..." Care to back up that blanket statement with facts? "Much, much more" of those facts while your at it.

Comment

Loyalty is a relationship that is involved in a covenant. Soccer clubs are businesses. Any club that wields "loyalty" as a attempt to retain customers is probably a club that is lacking elsewhere. A covenant is COMPLETELY different from a contract. Clubs need to provide a service and the price tag better reflect the product. Clubs that cry "loyalty" might stick you deep with the knife on the way out. Club=business, success=top level service+top level personnel. Anything else, get over yourself.
                    Why do you insist that there is no loyalty? Maybe because you are trying to lure families away from a club that has built loyalty with them?

This whole notion that clubs are just businesses is what is 100% wrong with youth sports.

Clubs generate loyalty in families when the leaders and coaches of the club invest themselves in the families (parents and players).

Most parents don't give a rat's *ss if their kid learns the finer points of soccer, they want their kid to develop into a driven, well adjusted, goal oriented, human being that knows how to contribute to a team and work through adversity. Some coaches are really good at that and some coaches are really only good at placing cones on the ground.

Comment

Why do you insist that there is no loyalty? Maybe because you are trying to lure families away from a club that has built loyalty with them?

This whole notion that clubs are just businesses is what is 100% wrong with youth sports.

Clubs generate loyalty in families when the leaders and coaches of the club invest themselves in the families (parents and players).

Most parents don't give a rat's *ss if their kid learns the finer points of soccer, they want their kid to develop into a driven, well adjusted, goal oriented, human being that knows how to contribute to a team and work through adversity. Some coaches are really good at that and some coaches are really only good at placing cones on the ground.
                      Families do not pay soccer clubs to raise thier kids. We don't need coaches to make are kids well adjusted, goal oriented, or driven human beings. My child leave the house that way. My child arrives at the field on time, ready learn, and ready to work hard. The idea that youth soccer coaches should also be social worker is ruining soccer. Parents should raise thier kids at home. Soccer clubs should be about learning and playing soccer.

Comment

Families do not pay soccer clubs to raise thier kids. We don't need coaches to make are kids well adjusted, goal oriented, or driven human beings. My child leave the house that way. My child arrives at the field on time, ready learn, and ready to work hard. The idea that youth soccer coaches should also be social worker is ruining soccer. Parents should raise thier kids at home. Soccer clubs should be about learning and playing soccer.
                        Peace out. You are clearly from another country where soccer plays a different role. Good luck with that in the US,

Comment

Peace out. You are clearly from another country where soccer plays a different role. Good luck with that in the US,
                          Why does it matter what country I am from? I am loyal to my child not a club that wants my money. No where in the post did I mention there is no loyalty. I do want my moneys worth. If I dont get it, I will go somewhere else...along with my loyalty. Peace out to you

Comment

LOL - clubs build themselves from loyalty. Clearly delusional when it comes to youth sports. Clubs build themselves on quality coaches and player. No boards and docs who hope nothing goes wrong. "Come to my club, were loyal" There ya go. I bet your club is top notch.

Comment

I'm reading between the lines that you were probably that "unhappy parent" at all 5 clubs who always thought you should be getting some special treatment.

"....can you give me at least 3 reasons you are loyal to your club." Loyalty is a very personal thing. My reasons would not be your reasons, club hopper.
                              Clubs are not family. It ridiculous to say that. Do you not know the difference between the club and your children? If you find yourself at the club while you spouse and children are at home, then yes, its your family and your messed up. Now go be a parent.

Comment

People might stay at clubs because of loyalty but its certainly not the main reason. Prioritizing loyalty so high is not logical. When people leave a club it is also not because of loyalty somewhere else. It soccer...that is the primary theme. Families cant be lured away by anyone if they are happy with the money they are spending on soccer. Its foolish to think that people spend money to buy the club loyalty. Loyalty is free and earned in other ways. Why do clubs say they are family when there is no resemblance to family at all! Families do not pay fees to one another. Someone has their priorities messed up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X