Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No matter which club your kid plays for, do you really think calling families “stupid” for going to another club is going to sway them to bring kids to Bayside or whichever club you’re trying to promote? it’s probably having the opposite effect. There are a multitude of reasons why people play for which ever club they choose. Everyone is free to make their own choices. Maybe they like that Bayside has been around a long time and they rack up wins (parents love wins) or maybe they want to try something new with Surf. The last thing any parent should do is come to this cesspool site to use it to try to make a decision about where to go. Reach out to coaches, talk to families, go to a recruiting session, sorry, I meant ID clinic, and then make a decision.

I know kids that are good enough to play on the ECNL national teams that choose not to for various reasons but every ECNL parent will say “that’s not true, it’s because your kid isn’t good enough!!!! ECNL RULEZZZZ!!!

-Bayside on here making fun of the league Surf plays in- there isn’t anything special about the DPL, btw- if you go to the CT boards they are excited about the new league and speak highly of the CT teams. I made fun of ECNL above, but unless your team plays there - you should just not talk about the quality of your league compared to another one.
    Not sure if it was this thread or not, but someone at Bayside pointed out that they must be doing a good job because PBs teams won a final 4 and were runners up, but then 2 comments later they made fun of someone else for bringing up an older team and said “results don’t matter, this is youth soccer” - can’t have it both ways, guys.

-Surf on here saying they are going to take out Bayside. - Relax, guys. potentially getting some top NEFC SE & GPS is a good start, but play a few games and stick around for a few years 1st. If these really are the Surf guys on here making those comments and not plants from other clubs, then it’s not a good look.
    I also see a lot of “big box” complaints - GPS coaches were let go. they saw an opportunity and took it. Any coach on here would be lying if they say they wouldn’t do the same thing in that situation. FYI - I’ve talked to families going to Surf; none of the “promises” this site keeps talking about have been made. cue the “cuz dat kid prob isn’t good” comments
    - Bruno - not sure why they ever get brought up as an option.
    - the playing at Surf is a “wasted year” comments are disingenuous at best - any club would welcome a top GPS or NEFC SE player next year even if they played for Surf this year.
    - You guys attack each other over pathways, leagues, etc. but who cares? 98% of these kids aren’t playing D1. does the kid like the coach and team? do you/the kid see progression in their game? if yes, great. stay with that team, whether it’s Bayside, Surf, Stars, Scorpions or someone else.
    You are an a hole. You certainly do not practice what you preach. Bruno would be 10x better than surf. Why did you disrespect them? Answer?

Comment

You are an a hole. You certainly do not practice what you preach. Bruno would be 10x better than surf. Why did you disrespect them? Answer?
      fair point. I acknowledge my hypocrisy and apologize.

Comment

cuz they aren't good, maybe?

Comment

No matter which club your kid plays for, do you really think calling families “stupid” for going to another club is going to sway them to bring kids to Bayside or whichever club you’re trying to promote? it’s probably having the opposite effect. There are a multitude of reasons why people play for which ever club they choose. Everyone is free to make their own choices. Maybe they like that Bayside has been around a long time and they rack up wins (parents love wins) or maybe they want to try something new with Surf. The last thing any parent should do is come to this cesspool site to use it to try to make a decision about where to go. Reach out to coaches, talk to families, go to a recruiting session, sorry, I meant ID clinic, and then make a decision.

I know kids that are good enough to play on the ECNL national teams that choose not to for various reasons but every ECNL parent will say “that’s not true, it’s because your kid isn’t good enough!!!! ECNL RULEZZZZ!!!

-Bayside on here making fun of the league Surf plays in- there isn’t anything special about the DPL, btw- if you go to the CT boards they are excited about the new league and speak highly of the CT teams. I made fun of ECNL above, but unless your team plays there - you should just not talk about the quality of your league compared to another one.
          Not sure if it was this thread or not, but someone at Bayside pointed out that they must be doing a good job because PBs teams won a final 4 and were runners up, but then 2 comments later they made fun of someone else for bringing up an older team and said “results don’t matter, this is youth soccer” - can’t have it both ways, guys.

-Surf on here saying they are going to take out Bayside. - Relax, guys. potentially getting some top NEFC SE & GPS is a good start, but play a few games and stick around for a few years 1st. If these really are the Surf guys on here making those comments and not plants from other clubs, then it’s not a good look.
          I also see a lot of “big box” complaints - GPS coaches were let go. they saw an opportunity and took it. Any coach on here would be lying if they say they wouldn’t do the same thing in that situation. FYI - I’ve talked to families going to Surf; none of the “promises” this site keeps talking about have been made. cue the “cuz dat kid prob isn’t good” comments
          - Bruno - not sure why they ever get brought up as an option.
          - the playing at Surf is a “wasted year” comments are disingenuous at best - any club would welcome a top GPS or NEFC SE player next year even if they played for Surf this year.
          - You guys attack each other over pathways, leagues, etc. but who cares? 98% of these kids aren’t playing D1. does the kid like the coach and team? do you/the kid see progression in their game? if yes, great. stay with that team, whether it’s Bayside, Surf, Stars, Scorpions or someone else.
          So well said!

Comment

I agree that club bashing must stop.

But Bayside still sucks and offers zero development. Bayside is a joke.

Comment

Hang in there Bayside. Looks like the grass wasn’t greener. Parents now fleeing SURF.

Comment

Hang in there Bayside. Looks like the grass wasn’t greener. Parents now fleeing SURF.
                All this effort from Surf to try and "bring down" Bayside. In the end you are trying to break up teams that are already under pressure from ECNL and DA clubs. You all should be ashamed!

To be honest as a parent I'm beginning to think all of this ugliness is going to lead to more players going to MA clubs. At least there it's not your neighbor talking trash

Comment

All this effort from Surf to try and "bring down" Bayside. In the end you are trying to break up teams that are already under pressure from ECNL and DA clubs. You all should be ashamed!

To be honest as a parent I'm beginning to think all of this ugliness is going to lead to more players going to MA clubs. At least there it's not your neighbor talking trash
                  I feel you. I think that SURF came in like a wrecking ball and found just the right scouts and coaches to run havoc through RI soccer. Big mouth parents who have influence over other parents. Coaches who feel no loyalty to their clubs. I have been around RI soccer a long time and have never seen anything this disgusting. Even when Liverpool came on the scene last year they were professional about it. They didn't come in stealing coaches and trashing clubs. But SURF came in recruiting big mouth parents (parent influencers) to destroy clubs who were making a difference such as Bayside and NEFC. Shame on SURF and all those who jumped their clubs to make an outside club rich. No loyalty to RI in anyway. Very short sighted.

Comment

Anyone with talented older middle school or high school players 2008, 2007, 2006 etc are already playing for the MA clubs. SURF is kidnapping from the u-little leagues. Pathetic. I feel bad for those parents as many are new to club soccer so they are getting sold a story.
                    Bayside had something going and with the REVS connection they are going to be ok. The girls need to stop jumping ship though. So many girls have bailed to go to NEFC, Surf and other clubs. Bayside will end up being a boys only club soon. Partly because they never invested in great coaches for the girls. Partly because parents didn't see a pathway for girls. Bayside if you want to hang in there either dump the girls and put everything into the boys and crush the North East with the boys, or put a ton of effort, money and development into your girls because right now the girls side has spring a leak.

Comment

Anyone with talented older middle school or high school players 2008, 2007, 2006 etc are already playing for the MA clubs. SURF is kidnapping from the u-little leagues. Pathetic. I feel bad for those parents as many are new to club soccer so they are getting sold a story.
                      Bayside had something going and with the REVS connection they are going to be ok. The girls need to stop jumping ship though. So many girls have bailed to go to NEFC, Surf and other clubs. Bayside will end up being a boys only club soon. Partly because they never invested in great coaches for the girls. Partly because parents didn't see a pathway for girls. Bayside if you want to hang in there either dump the girls and put everything into the boys and crush the North East with the boys, or put a ton of effort, money and development into your girls because right now the girls side has spring a leak.
                      There is still a lot of talent on the Girls side at Bayside at 2005-2009. If some of the better NEFC SE kids go there instead of Surf, they can play DPL and have even stronger groups. Instead they are going to go beat up on weak competition. Sad

Comment

There is still a lot of talent on the Girls side at Bayside at 2005-2009. If some of the better NEFC SE kids go there instead of Surf, they can play DPL and have even stronger groups. Instead they are going to go beat up on weak competition. Sad
                        SUCH A BUMMER! Come on NEFC SE 2005-2009 parents, band together with Bayside!
                        Don't go to SURF. Support the Northeast, don't support CA! Let's grow RI soccer by sticking together don't make a CA club richer.

Comment

SUCH A BUMMER! Come on NEFC SE 2005-2009 parents, band together with Bayside!
                          Don't go to SURF. Support the Northeast, don't support CA! Let's grow RI soccer by sticking together don't make a CA club richer.
                          Seems like surf is the walmart of youth soccer. No thanks on the big box. Ill need to check with corporate.

Comment

"Girls side springing a leak"......this is completely untrue. Bayside girls sides, 2005 - 2009, remains very strong. Adding players and teams. Keep pushing this false narrative. Jumping to Surf? Come on, no one is going to believe that nonsense. Perhaps 1 or 2 may head to GA / ECNL teams but no talented players are swimming upstream to Surf.

Comment

"Girls side springing a leak"......this is completely untrue. Bayside girls sides, 2005 - 2009, remains very strong. Adding players and teams. Keep pushing this false narrative. Jumping to Surf? Come on, no one is going to believe that nonsense. Perhaps 1 or 2 may head to GA / ECNL teams but no talented players are swimming upstream to Surf.
                              go to surf? why would you? perplexed

Comment

Lol

Everyone in RI knows that Bayside parents are the absolute worst. No class, loud-mouth crybabies who do nothing but embarass the club. Stay at Bayside because no one else wants you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X