• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPL for Bayside girls?

NPL renamed?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NPL renamed?
    Yes, Bayside marketing it like they got into ECNL 🙈 embarrassing!

Comment

So says the R.I. Surf director / coach / parent who will be competing in league one step up from super liga.

Comment

Good for Bayside. Ignore the jealous coaches from Surf posting here. They can’t compete in any league, facing poaching lawsuits with NEFC coaches, and tied up with shady GPS. Bayside you have a good season ahead. Ignore the haters.

Comment

Bayside has a tough year ahead if they still are standing. Teams are falling apart. Some really good coaches on the boys side, but SURF is seducing parents with talks of trips to San Diego. The younger girls teams fell apart due to poor coaching over the past two years. I’m not sure they have enough good players left. Players left to NEFC, Liverpool and now Surf. I like Bayside more than Bruno but I think both clubs are too small to handle the bigger clubs with deeper pools and pockets. However I’m routing for them. Nobody wants a big box Surf to come into town and gobble up the talent. I think JA has the families best interests at heart since they are all so close at Bayside. The only thing that could save Bayside now is a merger with Bruno to get bigger or hopefully an implosion from the fallout of the SURF/NEFC/GPS saga. Good luck Bayside.

Comment

Bayside has a tough year ahead if they still are standing. Teams are falling apart. Some really good coaches on the boys side, but SURF is seducing parents with talks of trips to San Diego. The younger girls teams fell apart due to poor coaching over the past two years. I’m not sure they have enough good players left. Players left to NEFC, Liverpool and now Surf. I like Bayside more than Bruno but I think both clubs are too small to handle the bigger clubs with deeper pools and pockets. However I’m routing for them. Nobody wants a big box Surf to come into town and gobble up the talent. I think JA has the families best interests at heart since they are all so close at Bayside. The only thing that could save Bayside now is a merger with Bruno to get bigger or hopefully an implosion from the fallout of the SURF/NEFC/GPS saga. Good luck Bayside.
            My daughter is on an older Bayside NPL team. The only teams that players leave for is for ECNL National or DA. They wouldn't leave to play for some upstart like Surf. If they did it would be stupid.

Comment

My daughter is on an older Bayside NPL team. The only teams that players leave for is for ECNL National or DA. They wouldn't leave to play for some upstart like Surf. If they did it would be stupid.
              The good ones left last year and went to NEFC.

Comment

With the new landscape. Really only ecnl scorpions is an upgrade from bayside now. Nefc mendon no longer has da, so thats a no go for upgrade. Nefc southeast is a huge wildcard. Still have to put them as a second option now.
                The rest surf etc are not even on the radar. It would be embarrassing to say my child is playing for surf.

Comment

Imagine if all the best players in RI could get together and play on one team? We can dream.

Comment

Imagine if all the best players in RI could get together and play on one team? We can dream.
                    They'd have to go to MA to get a match. Not ideal for every weekend's game.

Comment

So why isn’t NEFC going the ECNL Route? Then they’d lock in the best girls in RI and MA?

Comment

They'd have to go to MA to get a match. Not ideal for every weekend's game.
                        So? Surf is going to be in CT every other weekend. Bayside travels for DPL. Again just imagine.

Comment

So why isn’t NEFC going the ECNL Route? Then they’d lock in the best girls in RI and MA?

Because JD at Stars is a Douche and won't let another club in so he can have Blue and White

Comment

Ohhhhhhh that sucks. NEFC was DA and now they can’t go ECNL that dumb. Afraid of the competition I suppose. NEFC and Liverpool could head towards ECNL. They are both big with resources and many teams.

Comment

NEFC was on ECNL a few years ago and chose to leave. Very bad choice.

Scorpions ECNL (in Taunton) is your best bet if you have a strong player.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X