Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone staying at NEFC SE?

We received an offer letter, but it says they have not hired a coach yet for the team. Not sure that this is very appealing to anyone. Is anyone staying? Are there any complete or near complete teams staying?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We received an offer letter, but it says they have not hired a coach yet for the team. Not sure that this is very appealing to anyone. Is anyone staying? Are there any complete or near complete teams staying?
    There may be ones and twos here and there who are still on the fence, but I haven't heard of any team as a group saying they're staying with NEFC (I don't have much of a network though, so who knows). It seems like a lot of kids/parents are following coaches, which I guess is a pretty good testament to the SE coaches. It could also be a matter of geographic convenience. You should contact NEFC and ask where they're playing/practicing. I bet they won't give anyone a concrete answer on that until deposits are paid, but with Surf keeping all the fields, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Mendon.

Comment

I am sorry you are all going through this. Parents seem to get overlooked and left out of the loop. Lack of transparency is infuriating. We are with a different club but have NEFC friends and I feel bad for what is happening. Parents are the bread and butter but they don't seem to get that. Coaches and Owners Egos, lots of Egos in the Soccer Club world.

Comment

You should contact NEFC and ask where they're playing/practicing. I bet they won't give anyone a concrete answer on that until deposits are paid, but with Surf keeping all the fields, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Mendon.
        That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Most families that were willing/able to drive from RI to Mendon for practice are probably already doing it. Are you sure all the fields go with the coaches and not with the organization?

Comment

That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Most families that were willing/able to drive from RI to Mendon for practice are probably already doing it. Are you sure all the fields go with the coaches and not with the organization?
          That was my exact point about Mendon. There was a rumor right before this all happened that the upper management at NEFC was going to start making SE teams practice in Mendon, at least occasionally, which made little sense. NEFC was practicing at Teamworks, and sometimes at Wide World, which are obviously open to whoever will pay them, but games for U11 and up were at Wheeler Farm. From what I understand, the (now former) NEFC SE Director was the one with the connection to Wheeler, and that field is now Surf's. I don't know what fields GPS had, but even if their facilities are now up for grabs, I can't imagine NEFC would want to move even farther south to play.

Comment

I am sorry you are all going through this. Parents seem to get overlooked and left out of the loop. Lack of transparency is infuriating. We are with a different club but have NEFC friends and I feel bad for what is happening. Parents are the bread and butter but they don't seem to get that. Coaches and Owners Egos, lots of Egos in the Soccer Club world.
            I'll second that. What these coaches are doing is unethical and it would certainly be a concern for me if I was a parent on one of these teams. COVID seemed to open the door to leagues and coaches shuffling which was good timing for the coaches and administrators but really bad timing for parents. My suggestion is to not sign anything until you see what the actual league looks like.

Comment

Is anyone taking offer letters seriously

Is anyone taking offer letters seriously this year? Most who I have talked to say just laugh

Comment

I'll second that. What these coaches are doing is unethical and it would certainly be a concern for me if I was a parent on one of these teams. COVID seemed to open the door to leagues and coaches shuffling which was good timing for the coaches and administrators but really bad timing for parents. My suggestion is to not sign anything until you see what the actual league looks like.
                I think "unethical" is a big stretch, if you're talking about the coaches that left NEFC. If anyone is keeping parents in the dark, it's NEFC (the organization), but I imagine that's due to them not having a plan more than them not sharing a plan. Also, the timing seems to be about the best it could be for players/families, with no games going on and yearly contracts coming to an end. The uncertainty about the league Surf will play in is a valid concern though.

Comment

That was my exact point about Mendon. There was a rumor right before this all happened that the upper management at NEFC was going to start making SE teams practice in Mendon, at least occasionally, which made little sense. NEFC was practicing at Teamworks, and sometimes at Wide World, which are obviously open to whoever will pay them, but games for U11 and up were at Wheeler Farm. From what I understand, the (now former) NEFC SE Director was the one with the connection to Wheeler, and that field is now Surf's. I don't know what fields GPS had, but even if their facilities are now up for grabs, I can't imagine NEFC would want to move even farther south to play.
                  We were told by NEFC management that practice and games will still be at Wheeler and Teamworks and Wide World would still be used for winter training.

Comment

We were told by NEFC management that practice and games will still be at Wheeler and Teamworks and Wide World would still be used for winter training.
                    For the coming year? The offer email I got didn't say anything about that.

Comment

For the coming year? The offer email I got didn't say anything about that.
                      This was verbal, from MJ and BP, new DOC.

Comment

This was verbal, from MJ and BP, new DOC.
                        That's great and all, but don't they realize little details like that might be something they should be communicating to potential players/families, so they can make a more informed decision? I say that knowing the answer: No, no they don't realize that. It's par for the course as far as my experience with NEFC goes. Front office staff have poor people skills.

Comment

NEFC charges way to much to not be good communicators. I am still bummed that they joined up with GPS and SURF, none of that is clear or makes sense. NEFC was the best club in our state. I do think that players are already looking at other clubs now outside RI. Bayside, Bruno and Liverpool will be the only decent clubs left in RI. Sigh.

Comment

Nefc

If NEFC cared about all players none of this would have happened.

1. NEFC management believes the North region is stronger than SE, evident in the PDL placement. Despite having very successful SE teams, the SE region was overlooked for this opportunity.

2. Receiving CARES ACT PPP $ helped the club tremendously. 75% of this money needs to be allocated for payroll for it to be forgiven (accountants - correct this if wrong). Interesting! Families/ players got a crappy refund for a season that didn't exist. But Mgmt was paid for sure.

No true regard for the players or teams. Business is business.

Comment

1. NEFC management believes the North region is stronger than SE, evident in the PDL placement. Despite having very successful SE teams, the SE region was overlooked for this opportunity.
                              Well, at least on the girls' side, the NS Elite teams have been reasonably successful in NPL B across a few age groups. The SE and South Regional have usually played in lower brackets, so it would make sense for the NS team to be placed in DPL ahead of SE.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X