HS Girls 2019 Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched a bit of Newton South this fall but yesterday was atrocious. If they are being coached to play that way then a change is needed. South didn't string more than two passes together the entire match and seemed like they weren't even trying. They also kept a bank of four defenders in their own half regardless of where the ball was, to the point that at times there was a 1/4 field sized gap between the defense and the nearest midfielder.

Not to mention fielding a GK that isn't tall enough to reach the top bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I've watched a bit of Newton South this fall but yesterday was atrocious. If they are being coached to play that way then a change is needed. South didn't string more than two passes together the entire match and seemed like they weren't even trying. They also kept a bank of four defenders in their own half regardless of where the ball was, to the point that at times there was a 1/4 field sized gap between the defense and the nearest midfielder.

Not to mention fielding a GK that isn't tall enough to reach the top bar.
      That sounds about right. Coach Doug and Coach-Because-He-Has-An-Accent Owen are clueless and incapable of adapting to game situations.

Several years ago, they were losing 0-2 late in a tournament game and STILL kept all 4 defenders back, even when all the other players for both teams were deep in the other half.

Comment

Newton South is a relatively young team with 4 freshmen getting significant playing time. One top senior player tore her acl in the spring and another chose to run cross country since she is a top Mile runner in the state. With that said what I’ve heard from parents with daughters in the team is that the Coach is not impressive. Ive heard the girls try to coach themselves as much as they can. AD is exceptionally weak so I wouldn’t expect any changes unless Doug retires. There aren’t many good coaches at South in general.

Comment

AD is exceptionally weak so I wouldn’t expect any changes unless Doug retires.
          Name a profession where not knowing or not caring is rewarded more than being a high school AD.

Comment

The AD definitely looks like a diversity hire and clearly South isn't hanging their hats on sports prowess, but it was still surprising how poorly the girls were coached.

There are a lot of little fouls and accidental handballs in the middle of the field, and instead of keeping possession the whole team would crowd into the box and the left back would attempt to boom a free kick in. Not only did the tactic not work, but often the ball would go short and Newton would face an immediate counter attack.

Comment

One top senior player tore her acl in the spring and another chose to run cross country since she is a top Mile runner in the state.
              So... neither of these players was on the roster this season. So not the reason they won or lost (or tied) any games this season.

Wellesley's done well in the BSC this season.

From the looks of it, BSC seems stronger overall than DCL this season.

Comment

Have you ever seen Newton South play? Worst coaches in the world. It never makes sense to pick Dangerous Doug.
                Worse than the Weymouth coach!!!? What an embarrassment that was

Comment

So... neither of these players was on the roster this season. So not the reason they won or lost (or tied) any games this season.

Wellesley's done well in the BSC this season.

From the looks of it, BSC seems stronger overall than DCL this season.
                  My comment was just that they were light on experience and that it was surprising that they did as well as they did during the regular season considering all the turnover from last year. Not taking anything away from Wellesley.

Comment

Worse than the Weymouth coach!!!? What an embarrassment that was
                    And as for Marshfield......

Comment

And as for Marshfield......
                      Hingham
                      Please discuss .............I’ll wait haha

Comment

Hingham
                        Crazy Mo’ Fo’

Comment

Crazy Mo’ Fo’
                          You mean RP (Roly Poly)

Comment

Hingham
                            Is it back to D2 for Hingham? They have a history of failure in D1

Comment

Is it back to D2 for Hingham? They have a history of failure in D1
                              it's not for hingham to decide you idiot. Placement is based on enrollment. Maybe if they were allowed to recruit like some other D1 schools things would play out differently.

Comment

it's not for hingham to decide you idiot.
                                Technically that's not entirely true. Schools can and have applied for waivers to MIAA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X