Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soccerplayer2222 View Post
    Overall, girl soccer players are very disciplined and good students. There are a ton of great players with top SAT scores and gpa's of over a 5.0. The college coaches at top D1 schools and top academic schools (Harvard, Yale,etc.) first look at speed to recruit their players. PERIOD. If a coach tells you otherwise they are LYING. None of the local coaches will tell you this because if your kid is not fast and your child wants to go play at a school like this you won't pay extra money for their private training if you realized this early on. You can already tell by 14 if they are blowing by the players in the top leagues in the US. If they never play in the top leagues then they might not be able to adjust to the faster speed of play. Most parents and players don't realize this because they spend their whole lives playing in local leagues 5th,6th,7th divisions from the top division and don't get to play teams ranked in the top twenty even in the US. Very few players will make it to even D1 so-so teams because they don't have the natural speed, athleticsm or ability to play there and also very few parents really want to commit the money, time and effort to put their kid in a position to get there on a team that can actually garner some attention. There is a place for everyone to play so root for your child and try to find a coach that can teach and is committed to their players. If your child has a great group of committed teammates, has fun and stays out of trouble during their teenage years it's a win win. I've seen too many parents ruin this great sport for their kid because it was more about them then going a long for the ride. To a certain degree, it's not about coach "so and so". If the kid does not have the speed and/or grades that will limit their choices. Unlike track, beauty is in the eye of the coaching beholder but like track, if you can't touch the ball you can't play the ball.
    Sorry, but you posted on the wrong thread. Most of this babble doesn’t apply to this club. The girls program there is terrible and the boys are not far behind. There are barely 200 players in the club and I predict by next year you can stick a fork in them especially with their fourth inexperienced DOC in charge. PG has no idea what he is doing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sorry, but you posted on the wrong thread. Most of this babble doesn’t apply to this club. The girls program there is terrible and the boys are not far behind. There are barely 200 players in the club and I predict by next year you can stick a fork in them especially with their fourth inexperienced DOC in charge. PG has no idea what he is doing!!
      this club had a chance but with PG in charge they are done. why would anyone name PG as the DOC?

Comment

Look CSU folks, we get it. Sh!tty club, sh!tty admin, horrible all-around. You've been bitching about it since March. Every time this thread gets refreshed it's the same damn thing. You loved the twins, you hated the twins. PG is awesome, PG sucks. TG won a state HS championship. TG is the worst thing since sweaty balls in August. Fix it, deal with it, or move on. Very simple. Stop beating your heads against a wall.

Comment

Look CSU folks, we get it. Sh!tty club, sh!tty admin, horrible all-around. You've been bitching about it since March. Every time this thread gets refreshed it's the same damn thing. You loved the twins, you hated the twins. PG is awesome, PG sucks. TG won a state HS championship. TG is the worst thing since sweaty balls in August. Fix it, deal with it, or move on. Very simple. Stop beating your heads against a wall.
          Correct!
          Yes we are a D3 maybe a D2 at the very best, but I think most people know that going in. Most of the parents/players are not very competitive, and the ones that were, DR managed to get rid of those some how. They had a few good teams last year but those teams are no more as the coaches and players moved to better pastures. Lets see how we do this year with no twins involved--I think we will be better off even if we arent a D1 club. Do your research before going into a club, if you are interested in credentials, just know that some of your "supposedly" D1 coaches in clubs like weston or sunrise only have maybe an E or F license---and thats NOT good at all. Good Luck haters!

Comment

Correct!
            Yes we are a D3 maybe a D2 at the very best, but I think most people know that going in. Most of the parents/players are not very competitive, and the ones that were, DR managed to get rid of those some how. They had a few good teams last year but those teams are no more as the coaches and players moved to better pastures. Lets see how we do this year with no twins involved--I think we will be better off even if we arent a D1 club. Do your research before going into a club, if you are interested in credentials, just know that some of your "supposedly" D1 coaches in clubs like weston or sunrise only have maybe an E or F license---and thats NOT good at all. Good Luck haters!

There is an old saying you get what you pay for. Unfortunately that’s not the case at CSU. Some of what you have written is true however the part about the licensing is absolutely incorrect. If Coach is willing to spend a week or two weeks or a month going through a USSF or United Coaches Association coaching course, they are better off than the coaches that are at CSU. They also have played at higher levels or have more experience. How many coaches at CSU have a license above an E or F. Maybe three or four. What type of leadership do they have? How many years experience does PG have running a club. That would be zero. I am truly surprised that this club even has a thread because when it comes to soccer in South Florida they are of little significance.

Comment

There is an old saying you get what you pay for. Unfortunately that’s not the case at CSU. Some of what you have written is true however the part about the licensing is absolutely incorrect. If Coach is willing to spend a week or two weeks or a month going through a USSF or United Coaches Association coaching course, they are better off than the coaches that are at CSU. They also have played at higher levels or have more experience. How many coaches at CSU have a license above an E or F. Maybe three or four. What type of leadership do they have? How many years experience does PG have running a club. That would be zero. I am truly surprised that this club even has a thread because when it comes to soccer in South Florida they are of little significance.
              If CSU is so insignificant, according to you, oh! why do so many of you get in here to bash the club, Danny and PG. I do not know them well, but chose the club for my family over others because...All clubs have their issues and parents/players misbehaving or being cold and unwelcoming is issue number one. Coaches can teach the skills, but not to players that know everything because their daddy’s told them so and are in turn disrespectful to their coaches and teammates. Let our future be dictated by our record and our coaches are mostly C or better licensed for your info, so go hate someplace else and quit being a stirrer of crap, those of us here are ok with our decision and I hope you are happy with yours. Have a great season and may your kids get the national team invitation soon, so you can crow and pound the chest and be happy at last.

Comment

If CSU is so insignificant, according to you, oh! why do so many of you get in here to bash the club, Danny and PG. I do not know them well, but chose the club for my family over others because...All clubs have their issues and parents/players misbehaving or being cold and unwelcoming is issue number one. Coaches can teach the skills, but not to players that know everything because their daddy’s told them so and are in turn disrespectful to their coaches and teammates. Let our future be dictated by our record and our coaches are mostly C or better licensed for your info, so go hate someplace else and quit being a stirrer of crap, those of us here are ok with our decision and I hope you are happy with yours. Have a great season and may your kids get the national team invitation soon, so you can crow and pound the chest and be happy at last.
                I call BS...When CSU posts the resumes of the coaching staff I will believe you. By the way, when are they going to update the website? You still have last year's staff up there including the brothers...and while you are at it, play in higher level tournaments so we can see what product you are truly turning out. DR and PG are pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  i call bs...when csu posts the resumes of the coaching staff i will believe you. By the way, when are they going to update the website? You still have last year's staff up there including the brothers...and while you are at it, play in higher level tournaments so we can see what product you are truly turning out. Dr and pg are pathetic!
                  omg. Csu stfu. Nwc.

Comment

Thanks DANNY!

Comment

I call BS...When CSU posts the resumes of the coaching staff I will believe you. By the way, when are they going to update the website? You still have last year's staff up there including the brothers...and while you are at it, play in higher level tournaments so we can see what product you are truly turning out. DR and PG are pathetic!
                      The club sucks. Even the "President's message" is from the 2015 season. Nice forward thinking!

Comment

The club sucks. Even the "President's message" is from the 2015 season. Nice forward thinking!
                        Why would anyone go to this club? Name any positives! Go ahead, I’ll wait. They have their fourth DOC in four years. The club has shrunk in numbers by about 150 players. Any good players with common sense have left the program and found success elsewhere. The current DOC, who has been a failure everywhere else he has been and once left coral springs and controversy, has returned and the first line of business was to merge with a newbie club and they generate a press release as if both organizations have been powerhouses in soccer in South Florida. SMH! How can the club hire back a coach who told his team the night before he was going to play in a tournament that he was leaving for AC Delray and then proceeded to take half of that team with him to the new club? Oh yeah, it’s the same club that hired back Ria after they canned her a couple of years earlier. They only did that to make sure their daughters would have a chance to play at Douglas. It’s the same leadership that allowed the brothers to privately train players and then make sure that they had starring roles on mediocre teams. Where did that get them?

Comment

Why would anyone go to this club? Name any positives! Go ahead, I’ll wait. They have their fourth DOC in four years. The club has shrunk in numbers by about 150 players. Any good players with common sense have left the program and found success elsewhere. The current DOC, who has been a failure everywhere else he has been and once left coral springs and controversy, has returned and the first line of business was to merge with a newbie club and they generate a press release as if both organizations have been powerhouses in soccer in South Florida. SMH! How can the club hire back a coach who told his team the night before he was going to play in a tournament that he was leaving for AC Delray and then proceeded to take half of that team with him to the new club? Oh yeah, it’s the same club that hired back Ria after they canned her a couple of years earlier. They only did that to make sure their daughters would have a chance to play at Douglas. It’s the same leadership that allowed the brothers to privately train players and then make sure that they had starring roles on mediocre teams. Where did that get them?
                          But didn't TG win a high school championship?

Comment

But didn't TG win a high school championship?
                            Yes and he also won a state cup, coached in college & odp. What has your DOC done?

Comment

Yes and he also won a state cup, coached in college & odp. What has your DOC done?
                              The only reason TG isn't the DOC is because DR doesn't like him

Comment

The only reason TG isn't the DOC is because DR doesn't like him
                                LMAO. So easy to get you CSU parents riled up. Your focus on high school and state cup shows exactly what level your club is at.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X