• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    this forum is just awesome!!!
    ikr!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You think her parents sent that link and are singing her praises rather than objective observers? Lord I hope not.

She's so young and if they did then hopefully she'll tell them to back off and that they are embarrassing her lest they alienate her from her teammates. From experience I know that players won't begrudge a superstar if she stays humble and realizes she's a part of a team and she's a cog in that wheel, albeit a very key cog.
      We had 2 superstars on my kid's team and one was loved and the other despised. Of course the latter (and her parents) thought it was due to simple jealousy rather than her diva-like behavior.
      Mold her well. It won't take an iota away from her path and will make a difference in the long run (hope solo vs Alex Morgan. Dislike the former, love the latter.)
      Who other than a parent would be motivated to post links to a local RI paper? What the article fails to mention is that the NEFC SC team she was rostered to this spring was eliminated from State Cup play before round robin play. She joined the NEFC Elite team as a roster add after SC. As good as she may be, she joined a very talented team that qualified for Regionals through their R1 play without her.

This girl's PR team (mom?) was on overdrive all spring, especially on the RI board. Let's hope the player shows a little more humility.

Comment

Who other than a parent would be motivated to post links to a local RI paper? What the article fails to mention is that the NEFC SC team she was rostered to this spring was eliminated from State Cup play before round robin play. She joined the NEFC Elite team as a roster add after SC. As good as she may be, she joined a very talented team that qualified for Regionals through their R1 play without her.

This girl's PR team (mom?) was on overdrive all spring, especially on the RI board. Let's hope the player shows a little more humility.
        Also interesting that all the hype surrounding the SC team has now followed her to elite. It's quite obvious now that her parents were the ones hyping that team. Pretty sad. If your daughter is the superstar you are making her out to be people will see that without the PR. I believe the SC team has imploded after her one year stint, good luck to the elite team!

Comment

Massive achievement by NEFC to get to Nationals, but now to win their first game. It's a good showing for MA soccer.

Exactly! We all come on here and rip each other's club coaches, owners, style of play, recruiting methods, and anything else we can come up with but I will give any team/club props for making it this far.
          Congrats!!!

Comment

Didn't know NEFC used the Club Pass. Could this be more PM creative rostering? I don't think MA Youth Soccer is a big fan of players appearing on more that one state cup roster, but considering it was PM's team they weren't going far anyway.

Comment

If portsmouth girl went to bayside they would be the ones playing in kansas right now!
              classic.

Comment

She's a good kid who works her butt off on the field. She's deserves and has worked hard for this recognition. Her skill, drive, and ambition will get her far, and nobody can take that away from her because it's innate, and that's obvious. So regardless of what you feel about the family or the club, this young lady is going places of which others only dream.
                Brava!
                Oh boy. Another Frankenstein creation.

Comment

Didn't know NEFC used the Club Pass. Could this be more PM creative rostering? I don't think MA Youth Soccer is a big fan of players appearing on more that one state cup roster, but considering it was PM's team they weren't going far anyway.
                  US Youth Soccer allows teams to use the club pass to add players between State Cup finals and Regionals. Not sure there was much MA Youth Soccer could do about it.

Comment

“I always knew she’d play at the national level, I’m just surprised it’s this early,”
                    We get it mom

Comment

The multiple over-the-top quotes from the mom in the piece on the Portsmouth player is hereby submitted as Exhibit A. That mom is a world class Diva enabler. The article leaves little doubt on that score.
                      Just read it. You nailed it.

Hey, can we focus on the TEAM now?? Good luck tomorrow NEFC!

Comment

How did that team make regionals when they weren't even finalists for the state cup?

Comment

If portsmouth girl went to bayside they would be the ones playing in kansas right now!
                          Classic jealous RI parent post! And if grandma had a pair she'd be grandpa!

Comment

classic.
                            Someone please tell mom that her glorified town team lost to another town team. I don't think they would have done very well at the Region 1.

Comment

She's a good kid who works her butt off on the field. She's deserves and has worked hard for this recognition. Her skill, drive, and ambition will get her far, and nobody can take that away from her because it's innate, and that's obvious. So regardless of what you feel about the family or the club, this young lady is going places of which others only dream.
                              Brava!
                              To whom can we attribute this quote? Her club coach? The ODP coach? I really want to know and then I judge it's veracity.

Comment

The multiple over-the-top quotes from the mom in the piece on the Portsmouth player is hereby submitted as Exhibit A. That mom is a world class Diva enabler. The article leaves little doubt on that score.
                                World class Diva enabler is a great description. A few months back, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when MK split off from pre-game warm-ups with her SC team and jogged across the field to mom, and stood there as mom knelt down and tied her shoes! Absolutely hysterical!

Comment

Working...
                                X