Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would I lie about this? My HS senior son got offers from D2 schools and had interest from a D1 school. He has pretty much made up his mind to go to a D3 school for academic reasons. The soccer fan in me wanted him to try D1 . But as I step back and look at his choice, I am very proud of him as what is going to happen after college should be the priority.

Also, you are an ignorant A hole.
    Funny....the soccer fan in me would want to see him get on the field as early and as often as possible, which would be more likely in d3

Comment

How many UNH games did you see this year? If you saw even one and think Tufts could give them a game then you are smoking some serious stuff.

Here is the link to the semi final Tufts game I watched.
      https://www.ncaa.com/video/soccer-me...ufts-full-game

Take a look and tell me how often they connect on more than 2 passes.
      I've watched plenty. I agree that UNH would most likely be the winner but I do think Tufts would give them a better game than a lot of the other local D1 teams. My point is that the top D3 teams (which happen to be local) can compete with local D1 teams. It wouldn't be the vast disparity that many assume.

Comment

How many UNH games did you see this year? If you saw even one and think Tufts could give them a game then you are smoking some serious stuff.

Does it make you feel better saying this? I watched a number of D1 and D3 games. Obv D1 is going to be better overall. But to try and demean D3 players and their teams in the NCAA semi’s is just being a plain old d*ck.

Comment

Tufts got smoked by Babson. This season. LOL. NESCAC is the dumping ground of the mid to lesser players from NEPSAC. D1? HA!

Comment

Tufts got smoked by Babson. This season. LOL. NESCAC is the dumping ground of the mid to lesser players from NEPSAC. D1? HA!
            They are not going to Tufts to smoke Babson What is this U12? Those tufts players got into tufts! that is hard to do...and worthwhile. And affordable but those who can afford it are fortunate to attend IMO.

Comment

Parent of a current D1 player here. Our son would have chosen a better NESCAC college and D3 soccer if we could afford the $70K/year tuition. It was not in the cards for our family. I have watched a lot of D1 and D3 games over recent years and can confidently say that both Tufts and Amherst could and would absolutely compete with all of the local D1 programs. In fact I would like to watch Tufts play UNH or BC. That would be a very good game.
              You are insane.
              They would get crushed.
              Speed up of play, physicality, general skill, you make it.
              They would struggle with a 200 rpi program

Comment

Those like you who disagree probably would have said similar things about D2 teams vs D1, yet Merrimack made the transition to D1 seamlessly.

Comment

I get that kids would choose d1 for the money. But if you can get into Tufts or Amherst using soccer and can afford it, why would ever choose an academically weaker institution just for soccer? That makes no sense.
                  You do realize there are many high quality academic D1 schools right? They're not all East Butt Fuk State University. Also, fact is, the smaller and often more rural environment of many D3s just doesn't appeal to some students.

Comment

I've watched plenty. I agree that UNH would most likely be the winner but I do think Tufts would give them a better game than a lot of the other local D1 teams. My point is that the top D3 teams (which happen to be local) can compete with local D1 teams. It wouldn't be the vast disparity that many assume.
                    There aren't many (any?) quality D1 teams locally so the top D3 vs LOCAL D1 comment has some merit (mid to lower tier). Middle to bottom D3 absolutely no way, not even against low D1. It's really maybe the top 25 D3s in the country that could be competitive, that's it, and not against top D1s.

Comment

You do realize there are many high quality academic D1 schools right? They're not all East Butt Fuk State University. Also, fact is, the smaller and often more rural environment of many D3s just doesn't appeal to some students.
                      Absolutely. If you are a super stud or international stud playing at Stanford or Harvard, etc. good for you. I mean D1 just for the sake of D1.

Comment

I think we all agree that for M and W there are some D1 programs that are highly selective academically and highly performing athletically. Very few from this area play at those schools. The majority of us make complex decisions balancing finances, academic goals, and role of soccer as part of the college experience. The D1 crowd relishes their D1 superiority, while accepting a lower academic reputation. The D3 posters embrace their academic and lifestyle advantage while posting, as we see in this thread, that D3 really is as good as mid-tier D1.

Comment

You are insane.
                          They would get crushed.
                          Speed up of play, physicality, general skill, you make it.
                          They would struggle with a 200 rpi program
                          Not the op . youre dead wrong. And I have a kid in a good D1 school.

Comment

There are good D1 schools in the area.Not everyone wants or can afford D3 solitude for most and lib arts degree .

Comment

D3 Athletics stink let it go already and face the facts.D3 is for lib arts .

Comment

D3 Athletics stink let it go already and face the facts.D3 is for lib arts .
                                U obviously have not seen top D3 teams play. Either that or u just don’t know good soccer when you see it. These teams are just as good as a D1 team in the lower 100.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X