D3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn’t you love to see Stanford play Messia in a winner take all game. Wonder if that would shut up the stupid D3 parents on this site.
    Great, now let's have Messiah play UMass or UMass Lowell and see who wins.
    Here's the thing. Stanford beat Prairie View 15-0 in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. PV was 13-8 on the year and made it to the NCAA Tourney because they went 9-1 in a week conference. Stanford would do the same thing (if not worse) to either UMass who went 10-6-3 on the season in the Atlantic 10 or UMass Lowell that went 4-11-12 in the America East. That just speaks to the huge disparity between the top and bottom of D1. Now the interesting thing is UMass Lowell is in year 7 of it's transition to D1 from D2 and as it's record show's it's still not all that competitive in D1. The same can be shown to true for Bryant which is now 11 years into their transition from D2 to D1 and just now becoming competitive in one of the weaker D1 conference. That speaks to just how big the disparity is between the top of D2 and the bottom of D1. Now the NCAA doesn't allow schools to transition from D3 to D1 (though admittedly the D3 football power, St Thomas, is testing the waters for being granted a special waiver to do so). The reason they don't allow D3 schools to move up to compete against D1 schools is all sane people (non D3 parents) recognize that the scholarships create an unlevel playing field. It's nice to dream but the reality is there is a huge talent and motivation gap between even a bottom tier D1 program and a top tier D3 one.
    It becomes rather amusing reading the D3 parents avoid the facts and cling to their ego driven agendas.

Comment

It's actually sad that this BTFT lunatic is none other than the son of Tommy Heinsohn, Celtic legend and good guy. One might have thought this would meant he was a good parent also but that obviously is not the case. His ****head son has spent years and years trying to convince people that their child's experience just isn't all that.

Question: does Tommy know what a pathetic loser his son has turned out to be? Someone pointed out that his daughter didn't even mention her BTFT whackjob father when talking about her own personal growth.

Comment

Yeah that was me posting the Duke link with Brooke's interview. Specifically she said she turns to her mother and her grandfather when she needs support. Absolutely no mention of her Dad, Paul Heinsohn.

Perhaps that's why he is compulsively on here putting everyone down, he has got to be feeling pretty inadequate and pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The sad part is many of the knuckleheads here don't seem to grasp that at the college level sports are a business. It's not really about academics it has always been about money. The colleges know this and lure the star struck ego driven parents in. As the article points out, even at the D3 level they have figured out that just having a sport at the school will increase enrollment and income for the school. Whether it be at D1, D2 or D3 the idea of the noble student athlete is really a farce which also makes the idea of paying for a kid to attend a college so they could play a sport at that level a little nuts. To each there own though.
          To each his own, BTNT? Too funny. If that's the case you can stop, no?

Comment

Yeah that was me posting the Duke link with Brooke's interview. Specifically she said she turns to her mother and her grandfather when she needs support. Absolutely no mention of her Dad, Paul Heinsohn.

Perhaps that's why he is compulsively on here putting everyone down, he has got to be feeling pretty inadequate and pathetic.
            His obsessive behavior on this site is not normal. His kid has achieved what most dream about - and she's almost finished with school. At what point does he stop?

Comment

I have to renickname you folk(s). Previously you were snowflakes. You've now clearly melted down into puddles. Way too much ignorance to bother trying to reply, except I will tell you I am not this BTNT whoever that is. But I am certainly not surprised that he offended you at some point. I'm guessing you have quite a list.
              Would you be surprised to learn that BTNT is posting on the very same page here that you are? And suddenly you can't stop posting, either? As he would say, too funny.

Comment

It becomes rather amusing reading the D3 parents avoid the facts and cling to their ego driven agendas.
                Glad that we are so entertaining to you, BTNT. To the point where you're concerned about is every single day. Have another pizza.

Comment

His obsessive behavior on this site is not normal. His kid has achieved what most dream about - and she's almost finished with school. At what point does he stop?
                  Said the poster making very personal attacks over what is essentially a rather boring and immature discussion. Seems that you might actually be the one who is obsessed.

Comment

Said the poster making very personal attacks over what is essentially a rather boring and immature discussion. Seems that you might actually be the one who is obsessed.
                    Not the poster but if I stipulate that I'm obsessed with how crazy you are, will you concede that you are out of your friggin mind?

Comment

Funny thing about anonymous forums. You don't know who posts what. I don't think I'm the only one who is NOT obsessed but find it strange.

Comment

I wonder if Tufts would beat Harvard. Given their records, I say they would.
                        Could and did (in preseason).

Comment

D3 title games are usually pretty ragged affairs because they are played less than 24 hours after the second semifinal games.

Comment

D3 title games are usually pretty ragged affairs because they are played less than 24 hours after the second semifinal games.
                            The poster did not watch a single second of the match. It's a little embarrassing when he unveils yet another fiction without even a vague attempt to create some internal consistency. You can't say you just happened to tune in for the first time ever to confirm your views and then have a son who is going to be playing D3 THIS season.

Maybe we should list some of the players who did go D1, and who got money to play and who are known as true D1 prospects, who transferred to D3 and are far from superstars.

Comment

The poster did not watch a single second of the match. It's a little embarrassing when he unveils yet another fiction without even a vague attempt to create some internal consistency. You can't say you just happened to tune in for the first time ever to confirm your views and then have a son who is going to be playing D3 THIS season.

Maybe we should list some of the players who did go D1, and who got money to play and who are known as true D1 prospects, who transferred to D3 and are far from superstars.

Lets be honest. At the D1 level, there is often 22-28 players on a roster and maybe 16 are getting any play time. If you are player number 17+, whether you have a scholarship or not, you have to be wondering if changing schools/divisions wouldn't get you on the field.

Lots of reasons to change schools, but I doubt that players are transferring if they are happy with their minutes and their education. IF they aren't getting the minutes, the question is why? Overreach on the part of the player? Poor recruiting on the part of the coach? Injury? Not in shape? Whatever... why speculate.

This debate about D3 vs. D1 is like ******* into the wind, it's stupid and everyone gets wet and smelly. Look at the rosters of D3 and compare the player's backgrounds to D1. Plenty of HS players, town players and lower level club players at D3. Little to no players without at least NPL level play and plenty of DA/ECNL at D1. If you think there isn't a difference between leagues, you are beyond help and no arguing on the internet will change that.

Comment

Through you posters I learned that there are helicopter dads as well as helicopter moms. You obviously hover and obsess over everything soccer in your son's life so you can't understand it when you encounter someone who doesn't. My son is an independent thinker and his college decision revolved around his preferred major. And it's only offered at select schools and the soccer was way behind in priority. So why would I waste my time going to see inferior soccer at D3 schools when there is excellent D1 soccer close by.

Get the basement ready for junior when he graduates. Sounds like that's what you've prepared him for. You might want to set up a couch down there for you also. You've probably driven your wife pretty crazy by now also.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X