X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job Soccer Prof

Originally posted by Soccer Prof View Post
    I appreciate your answer and am reminded of my doktorvater's dictum: There are such things as dumb questions, but you will not know how dumb they are until after you ask them.
    I'm still trying to wade my way through club soccer so please indulge my obvious ignorance with some follow up questions:
    1) If the goal is to play a higher level of competition, is this goal being accomplished? If so where?
    2) Since you have agreed that there are minimum requirements for Premier players, what are they and how are they identified? If these requirements are not practiced by all clubs, what does this mean for the goal of "a higher level of competition"?
    Soccer Prof I got to tell you that you set up that combination really well. I couldn't have done it better. Just wanted to let you know I'm still out here and giving a shout out to one of my loyal fans.

By the way you never answered my question. Any relationship to "El Profe"?

Your Friend,
    Brent Mushroomburger

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Mushroomburger View Post
      Soccer Prof I got to tell you that you set up that combination really well. I couldn't have done it better. Just wanted to let you know I'm still out here and giving a shout out to one of my loyal fans.

By the way you never answered my question. Any relationship to "El Profe"?

Your Friend,
      Brent Mushroomburger
      This is quite a compliment coming from a TS legend. Thank you.

No relation to "El Profe." I've studied several ancient tongues but cannot converse in the language of heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thank you. He played rec from the age of five, but around nine started having coaches talk to him about select. He just wasn't into it, he has always had his hand in many activities and didn't want premier soccer to rule his life. He always went to camps in the summer, because he loved the game and wanted to keep his skills up. As he got older he went to more rigorous camps, he really liked the challenge. He played one year of premier, liked the coach, didn't like most of the boys on the team. Went back to rec plus. Then we found a trainer(he's a keeper) that after the first session told him he could almost guarantee him to play in college-if he went back to premier. So he did. Did several tryouts, got several offers, took one. Played one year and decided he didn't want to play soccer in college bad enough to miss out on his church activities and other things, and despite several calls after that, came home and is in school and coaching. It took me a while to get over him not playing any more, but he is happy and has kept his love for the game, which is the most important thing, so hopefully one day he will be like you and teach the game to his kids!
        Thank you for the information. I don't know how typical your narrative is, but I am glad to hear it. It demonstrates the possibility of a different path forward for young people who love to compete in the game of soccer. I am grateful for your son's mature embrace of and commitment to life's ultimate priorities.

Comment

This is quite a compliment coming from a TS legend. Thank you.

No relation to "El Profe." I've studied several ancient tongues but cannot converse in the language of heaven.
          You are quite welcome sir!

You know I haven't heard from Dick Trollman in a while, have you?

Anyway, my negotiations are at a standstill, in case you haven't heard, with the TS network on the gig "El Matador" had offered. I guess the economy must be a factor. It totally ruined the launch of "What..If?" on August 1st. Hopefully we can release it soon.

If not with the network maybe thru another syndicate.

Thanks,
          Brent

Comment

Thank you for the information. I don't know how typical your narrative is, but I am glad to hear it. It demonstrates the possibility of a different path forward for young people who love to compete in the game of soccer. I am grateful for your son's mature embrace of and commitment to life's ultimate priorities.
            I know, that's why it cracks me up when people say you have to follow the path of do nothing but practice, be on the most expensive team, ODP is life, etc. It is possible, it just takes talent, determination, and a lot of leg work (literally and figuratively)

Comment

just like you....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                just like you....
                Elaborate please.

Comment

It's not the norm, that's for sure, but I know of several players who have spots on college teams, at small schools, that never played more than one year of premier. Florida doesn't have many small schools with men's teams, but GA, SC, and NC are loaded with them. So for the player that has the skill to move on, but may not want the hype and pressure of a big program, there is a lot out there if you look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Trollman
                    Soccer Prof, you appear to be a learned, even erudite man. I can only assume that, as a prof, you have several degrees. Would one be a BS in soccerology? My apologies in advance if it is a Phd or Masters.

I can BS about soccer, but haven't earned any degree

I do serve as a Professor in the non-soccer world...

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Trollman
                      Hello friends and neighbors. Dick Trollman back on board. Hope everyone is doing well.

This thread has some characters in it. MOFW, you sir, are truly a man of few words. That is, well...............

perplexing.
                      precisely

Comment

I hope that this is a fair summary of our conversation thus far:

Premier Level soccer = game played quickly at high work rate by players with technical/tactical sophistication (of course all categories relative to age level).

I think that this is helpful. So the goal of Premier soccer would be the attainment of the above. Of course, this assumes a team made up of quality players committed to the game and a coach who is able to motivate and teach the game (moral, technical and tactical aspects).

Have we missed anything?
                        You've forgoten the most important one and the reason the more time spent playing the game at a high level the better...... speed of thought.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X