Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So this would be more legitimate if they provided better officials. The officiating at this event was well below average. For what is considered to MYSA featured event you would think that they would supply officials who were the highest rated throughout the year. That was obviously not the case. This is not to say that other leagues provide the best officiating, but at least for their prime events they make sure the better ones are there.
    I couldn't disagree more based on my numerous MTOC experiences. I think the odds that you have competent officiating at MTOC is MUCH greater than your typical town travel, high school or regular season club matches and about the same with a well-run club tournament. Is it state cup level? Certainly not.

MTOC isn't perfect, but overall it's a great experience for the kids.

My one suggestion would be that if you think you can have games on a Friday morning in late June, then why not just make it the Thursday and Friday nights into a Sunday final day or keep it as is and make it a Monday final day in order to shorten the play-in games less or not at all.

Comment

Try harder.
      Thanks anyway. Already lost interest in it.

Comment

Overall a very good experience with a lot of good/competitive soccer.

MYSA staff were what you would expect out of them

Officials were mostly good, but with so many games going on and the heat I can see why some complained.

Parking was a disaster on Friday and Saturday, much better Sunday

Some of the parent behavior was inexcusable. Many examples over the weekend but West Bridgewater u12 girl parents were so over the top. I can't believe with all the "supervisors" around they didn't toss some of them and hold up the game.

Some Revolution guy great with Autographs and pictures looked good.

If they could figure how to get Dunkin or Kimball's to deliver it would be A+

Comment

Evidently. And, it appears it still is.

I can't tell which leagues from your link.

The Massachusetts Tournament of Champions (MTOC) is a season-ending tournament that brings together age/gender group champions from participating town-based travel leagues from across the state. Each of these leagues establish their own guidelines, including league playoffs, to determine their representatives to this tournament. The leagues that participate in MTOC are: Berkshire, BAYS, Coastal, Essex, MAYS, Middlesex, Nashoba, Pioneer Valley, South Coast and South Shore.

Comment

The Massachusetts Tournament of Champions (MTOC) is a season-ending tournament that brings together age/gender group champions from participating town-based travel leagues from across the state. Each of these leagues establish their own guidelines, including league playoffs, to determine their representatives to this tournament. The leagues that participate in MTOC are: Berkshire, BAYS, Coastal, Essex, MAYS, Middlesex, Nashoba, Pioneer Valley, South Coast and South Shore.
            Sounds like a great time and experience for the kids.

Comment

Lots of dads in jeans coaches yelling like idiots at the kids.

Comment

Lots of dads in jeans...
                What would be better, suits or shorts?

Comment

What would be better, suits or shorts?
                  Nothing better than a pair of jeans on a hot day trying to coach kids.

Then, as a reward, you get to peel that ballsack off your thigh like it's been stuck with gorilla glue...

Comment

Haha,
                    White new balance sneakers, clip board and a NE Patriots ball cap.
                    Give em a ball and enjoy a good laugh.

Comment

Haha,
                      Better that than the dad in the full Adidas track suit and matching cleats, like he's all ready to sub in for one of the players.

Comment

Nothing better than a pair of jeans on a hot day trying to coach kids.

Then, as a reward, you get to peel that ballsack off your thigh like it's been stuck with gorilla glue...
                        Nice!

Comment

Take the jeans away and the title of dad and you got most club coaches what's your point. One thing you probably won't see is a coach on their phone during these games unlike club coaches who don't really care.
                          I get it, it looks strange but these dads/moms are all volunteers not getting paid probably having to take a Friday off from work to go to Lancaster and coach.
                          But I'm sure your the person that thinks a person that is in a nice warmup suit with spiked hair is probably a good coach just because they look the part.

Comment

Take the jeans away and the title of dad and you got most club coaches what's your point. One thing you probably won't see is a coach on their phone during these games unlike club coaches who don't really care.
                            I get it, it looks strange but these dads/moms are all volunteers not getting paid probably having to take a Friday off from work to go to Lancaster and coach.
                            But I'm sure your the person that thinks a person that is in a nice warmup suit with spiked hair is probably a good coach just because they look the part.
                            True statement.

Comment

Haha,
                              Wow man. You are so cool. Only the professional coaches for your kid. The wannabes has been
                              D3 soccer players, that make a career out of”coaching “ the kiddies. Hanging with the teens, makes them feel like the still got it.

Comment

Haha,
                                At least they’re volunteering their time for the youth, rather than bilking their parents out of hard earned money. Most club coaches around here are just adult losers trying to avoid entering the work force.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X