Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abuse of marketing?

Kudos to the clubs that have players participating in the WWC or in the professional ranks. I think it’s great to see CT players in the professional world of soccer but the reality is, people argue over who gets credit, and I wonder if compensation is making its way back to the photographers who own the digital rights or to the professional athlete for using their likeness for marketing.

I have a question, shouldn’t clubs be required to retain permission to use images of professional athletes or from the holder of the digital images?

Sports clubs aren’t the same as a not for profit school touting it’s alumni’s accomplishments. You will notice when school’s do it, they typically share an image they own of the athlete from their tenure at the school.

Someone might tell the interns...

Probably they need to get permission, but who is really checking? Who really cares if some pissant club uses an old picture? Chances are the player doesn't

Comment

There are programs that professional photographers use to track their digital images.
      Photographers taking pictures at professional sporting events of professional athletes care / pissant clubs using the pics for marketing are stealing those images for free marketing.

If your response is, who cares, you’re demonstrating your own integrity and willful ignorance. Fact is, it’s illegal. Fact is, people might not get caught. Fact is, it’s still unethical and illegal. Pay for marketing, pay people for their work/products.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        There are programs that professional photographers use to track their digital images.
        Photographers taking pictures at professional sporting events of professional athletes care / pissant clubs using the pics for marketing are stealing those images for free marketing.

If your response is, who cares, you’re demonstrating your own integrity and willful ignorance. Fact is, it’s illegal. Fact is, people might not get caught. Fact is, it’s still unethical and illegal. Pay for marketing, pay people for their work/products.
        Is this what you're so upset about? Saw it on FB. They give Getty Images credit.

https://www.facebook.com/cfcnation/p...type=3&theater

Comment

We are talking Jamaica here, not impressed, team is made up of players that couldn’t make us roster. Picking up the scraps

Comment

We are talking Jamaica here, not impressed, team is made up of players that couldn’t make us roster. Picking up the scraps
            Haha... Not impressed? Hate to be your kid.

Comment

Haha... Not impressed? Hate to be your kid.
              Jamaica population less than ct. factor in how many play soccer in Jamaica, it’s like playing for CFC ecnl team. Like i said no big accomplishment

Comment

Jamaica population less than ct. factor in how many play soccer in Jamaica, it’s like playing for CFC ecnl team. Like i said no big accomplishment
                If your kid was playing on the Albanian National team you'd be shouting it from the rooftops. If she got to play in the World Cup it would be the experience of a lifetime. What a hater you are.

Comment

Like I said, "Hate to be your kid". Be happy she plays any level, never mind in the WC!
                  Your comment sounds like "one of those parents"... The berater, complainer and for sure....Hater

Comment

It is abuse and I'll call it out - CFC is totally abusing the issue. They are so big, no one is in control of media and you get multiple posts of their 2 or 3 "homegrown stars" (cough, vomited a bit). They need to chill and get their chit together. Example..not long ago had a player Spotlight on a 9 yr old. Nine years old, look it up. Seriously get your media act under control.

Comment

to be fair, this is spot on. Great experience for anyone going to a WC, but JAM are pretty desperate for players.

Comment

If your kid was playing on the Albanian National team you'd be shouting it from the rooftops. If she got to play in the World Cup it would be the experience of a lifetime. What a hater you are.
                        Not OP, but not really. Clubs use it as an indicator of soccer excellence. Its not. I think they will have a great experience and think its great, but lets not get carried away.

Comment

Ok, this is crazy. I am definitely NOT a CFC lover. However, if we had someone from our club playing in The WORLD Cup it would be all over our website. C’mon people! I don’t care if the player was representing Djibouti, it would be on the damn website!! Congrats to the American girls playing in the Workd Cup and congrats to the Connecticut girls playing for Jamaica. Ya Mon!!!!

Comment

You must be fun to be around.

Comment

Not OP, but not really. Clubs use it as an indicator of soccer excellence. Its not. I think they will have a great experience and think its great, but lets not get carried away.
                              and the hate continues, just dialed down is all

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X