Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have to laugh when I see all these stories that women's soccer has finally "arrived." The stands for the Norway/Nigeria game is literally half empty. That wouldn't happen for a men' WC match

Nigerian uniforms are the best of the WC tho ;)
    I expect a lot of seats were "sold" to corporations who didn't fill them. For sure, the semis and final have been sold out for a while.

Comment

Same thing happens with men’s games. Group stage you have some games with very low attendance.

Comment

Same thing happens with men’s games. Group stage you have some games with very low attendance.
        Yeah not really.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/world-c...id/2001/plus/1

Comment

I expect a lot of seats were "sold" to corporations who didn't fill them. For sure, the semis and final have been sold out for a while.
          I'd agree if it weren't mostly upper deck seats that were empty. Corporate seats tend to be lower half quality seats.

Comment

Look at the Russia numbers from last year. Those are pretty impressive. Not many Europeans willing want to go to Russia but they were there. Some venues were quite far. Bopping around France is easy

Comment

Look at the Russia numbers from last year. Those are pretty impressive. Not many Europeans willing want to go to Russia but they were there. Some venues were quite far. Bopping around France is easy
              Men’s numbers will be far higher than women’s regardless of location. If the women’s WC was in Russia, there would be a few thousand fans per game.

Comment

Men’s numbers will be far higher than women’s regardless of location. If the women’s WC was in Russia, there would be a few thousand fans per game.
                Lesbians are still a small percentage of the population so the fan base will never be that large.

Comment

That's the point - the women are playing to half empty stadiums. To gin up support the press was claiming women's soccer is closing in on the men. Sure it's improving, a lot, but it is nowhere near equal, not by a long shot.

Comment

The Argies are hanging tight with Japan. Not sure who I want to win this one. A draw would suit me best, I reckon.

Comment

The Argies are hanging tight with Japan. Not sure who I want to win this one. A draw would suit me best, I reckon.
                      The Aussie goaltender that came out of net and let up the game winner in extra time to Italy was horrible on that play. My kids CFC ECNL goalie would have defended it better.

Comment

The Aussie goaltender that came out of net and let up the game winner in extra time to Italy was horrible on that play. My kids CFC ECNL goalie would have defended it better.
                        Sht happens. You would expect better from national team. Look at the men's team defending the other day in their 0-3 loss.

Comment

Sht happens. You would expect better from national team. Look at the men's team defending the other day in their 0-3 loss.
                          Speaking of, someone in management needs to quietly pull Wil Trapp aside, thank him for his efforts, and send him on his way.

Comment

Watching dads compare their under athletic, zero soccer iq keeper to world cup players is ridiculous

Comment

From Qtr Finals on there is going to be some tremendous soccer. USA vs France is going to be lights out.

Comment

Stop it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X