Multi sport Athletes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you delusional , woman's us soccer is stronger than men . Soccer by far has outweighed any sport and has become most popular . Lax is cool and other sports are good also 👍 , they all are great for kids but to bash soccer you clearly must now nothing about and please stay off soccer blog if your going to.talk nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Are you delusional , woman's us soccer is stronger than men . Soccer by far has outweighed any sport and has become most popular . Lax is cool and other sports are good also 👍 , they all are great for kids but to bash soccer you clearly must now nothing about and please stay off soccer blog if your going to.talk nonsense
      Speaking of to.talk nonsense ^^^^^^^

Stop drinking and go to bed, then sign up for your English courses tomorrow when you wake up.

Comment

Terrible sport but more popular than faltering soccer go figure
        Soccer is still well ahead of LAX but soccer participation is down while LAX is growing fast.

Comment

Soccer is still well ahead of LAX but soccer participation is down while LAX is growing fast.
          Agreed, not hard to look at the numbers, they’re out there in many studies. Soccer numbers dropping but still 10x larger than lax in total youth players.

Comment

LAX switched to grade based age groups - been a huge up swing in participation. Soccer switched to birth year and has had a steady decline since...

Comment

The next 5 years will be interesting. Lacrosse clubs aspire to the soccer business model. I am guessing very soon the lacrosse clubs will be kick starting fall leagues and making kids choose between the two sports.

Comment

The next 5 years will be interesting. Lacrosse clubs aspire to the soccer business model. I am guessing very soon the lacrosse clubs will be kick starting fall leagues and making kids choose between the two sports.
                They already have fall leagues ,summer also. Baseball moved to fall ball a long time ago. ALL youth sports is a business. Don't get suckered into it. If your kid likes multiple sports do what you can - within reason- to keep them playing all that they enjoy. They don't have to be good at everything but happy doing it.

Comment

LAX switched to grade based age groups - been a huge up swing in participation. Soccer switched to birth year and has had a steady decline since...
                  Yes, that’s what it is.

Comment

Yes, that’s what it is.
                    The calendar switch isn't all that ails soccer but it's playing a partial role. 8th and 12th graders with no teams to play on, and 6 year olds who don't understand why they can't play introductory rec soccer with classmates. However the bigger issues are cost, travel and frustration with the constant changes

Comment

One of my girls played ECNL and lettered at high school in three sports plus soccer. You can do multi sports.

One was not LAX. I'm sure LAX is a nice sport if you can't play soccer. I'm sure it'll go the same, money-driven path that soccer has gone.

Comment

They already have fall leagues ,summer also. Baseball moved to fall ball a long time ago. ALL youth sports is a business. Don't get suckered into it. If your kid likes multiple sports do what you can - within reason- to keep them playing all that they enjoy. They don't have to be good at everything but happy doing it.
                        No leagues. All tournaments and showcases. Fall/winter practices. I am guessing that there will be the equivalent of the ECNL in lacrosse land in short order.

Comment

No leagues. All tournaments and showcases. Fall/winter practices. I am guessing that there will be the equivalent of the ECNL in lacrosse land in short order.

Just want the sport needs. Exclusionary pompous *****s running the league as it best suites a few individual clubs.

Comment

The powers that be got the engine running last year with the NGLL national Tournament. 64 special teams. Just a matter of time.

No really. We LOVE the multi-sport athlete...as long as our sport is the priority.

Comment

One of my girls played ECNL and lettered at high school in three sports plus soccer. You can do multi sports.

One was not LAX. I'm sure LAX is a nice sport if you can't play soccer. I'm sure it'll go the same, money-driven path that soccer has gone.
                              So in three seasons she played four sports? You probably mean indoor and outdoor track. Two seasons same garbage. Ever go to an indoor track meet? Worse than watching paint dry. Throw in cross county too. Watch your kid run into the woods and watch her come out. Boring. You either have raw speed or not. You aren’t going to go from dnq to state champ.

Comment

byeee

maybe you can all go away to talking lacrosse?

thanks!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X