Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My club president was offered $50k for our teams. When we said no they went to our individual coaches, at least our better teams, and offered those coaches several thousand dollars each to bring their teams over. When that didn't work they found out who the trainers were for several of our teams and offered them thousands of dollars to bring over the teams behind the coaches backs. And if my small club was offered $50k, I can tell you that the Presidents of Commack, Dix Hills and Bayport got a whole hell of a lot more than that.

And I know that the same thing happened to the two small clubs on either side of me because their club presidents told me the same story. And for that matter one of their teams took the bait and after a year that coach was forced out as they no longer had any use for him.

Why do you think so many of the SUSA's trainers move on after the first year? The club had no reason to keep bribing them once they had all their players entrenched in the SUSA program. What are the trainers going to do? Admit that they were bribed to bring the team over the first place and that it's unfair that SUSA stopped bribing them? If I dragged over my team to SUSA, costing my parents thousands of dollars each in the process in increased training fees, they would tar and feather me if I then admitted that the only reason I did so was because I took a bribe and that they should now leave SUSA with me because SUSA stopped bribing me.
    That's a good story, but you forgot to add the mad hatter and Alice at the tea party!
    You people are really delusional

Comment

Susa record

That's a good story, but you forgot to add the mad hatter and Alice at the tea party!
      Looks like you're the delusional one, I've heard these same things from multiple people

Comment

Several club presidents, including my own, and numerous coaches and trainers all told me that they were offered these bribes by Eddie Hackett. What exactly would be their motivation for making that all up?

Comment

I'm thinking of one club with the biggest "delusions"....LOL

Comment

I'm thinking of one club with the biggest "delusions"....LOL
            You're definitely better off acknowledging that SUSA did this. Trying to deny it just makes you and the club look that much worse.

Comment

I have been at Susa for a while and can attest that they aren't doing things above board. The real questions is how is any of this legal? Just from the laws governing income under the federal tax code this is illegal. I would love to see someone put a stop to this.

Comment

Susa record

You're definitely better off acknowledging that SUSA did this. Trying to deny it just makes you and the club look that much worse.
                there is nothing wrong with susa doing this....its actually smart business. If a coach was offered $2k for moving a team of 16 kids (thats $2000 each kid for revenue for susa = $32000)....call it a bribe or whatever but its smart business none the less.

In the end....each individual family made a decision to go to susa.

Comment

Susa record

there is nothing wrong with susa doing this....its actually smart business. If a coach was offered $2k for moving a team of 16 kids (thats $2000 each kid for revenue for susa = $32000)....call it a bribe or whatever but its smart business none the less.

The real question is Were they given a choice? To pay more and somone gets their pockets filled. It's just corrupt!

Comment

Susa record

The real question is Were they given a choice? To pay more and somone gets their pockets filled. It's just corrupt!
                    you always have a choice as a parent that pays the bill....YOU chose to follow the coach to SUSA....You also can say "thanks, but no thanks"...and stay where you are and/or go somewhere else....no one put a gun to your head.

Comment

Waaaah! Boo Hoo! I couldn't care less about this crap, my D is playing on a great team, in a great league and getting more opportunities than I could've ever imagined. My kid is my top priority, little Johnny who got left behind when his team went to big bad Susa, is not.

Comment

I have been at Susa for a while and can attest that they aren't doing things above board. The real questions is how is any of this legal? Just from the laws governing income under the federal tax code this is illegal. I would love to see someone put a stop to this.
                        As long as the bribes were in the form of 1099 vendor checks and both SUSA and the people being bribed claimed them on their taxes it isn't illegal.

Unethical as hell, but not illegal.

Comment

The "wrong" part of this is the club president, coach or trainer actively selling SUSA as if it were good for the kids, as opposed to being good for their own pocketbooks via secret payments.

Comment

The "wrong" part of this is the club president, coach or trainer actively selling SUSA as if it were good for the kids, as opposed to being good for their own pocketbooks via secret payments.
                            All kinds of products are marketed to kids as being beneficial when that is actually BS. Always let the buyer beware and teach you kid's how to try to avoid being manipulated into buying crap.

Comment

Susa record

All kinds of products are marketed to kids as being beneficial when that is actually BS. Always let the buyer beware and teach you kid's how to try to avoid being manipulated into buying crap.
                              exactly....buyer beware....its just like commercials on tv, or the guy on the radio plugging everything....strictly marketing...its your choice if you are going to buy something or not.

be accountable for your own decisions....not bash someone when you make a bad decision.

Comment

SUSA can try selling their club all they want.

It's a different animal when someone on the inside, a supposed trusted person, is bribed to help with the sales job.

If you were the head of the shipping department of a large company and FEDEX decided to secretly give you personally $50,000 to switch all your shipping from UPS to FEDEX, not only would you be fired if your boss found out about it but there is a good chance you would be charged criminally for the act.

This is even worse because we are talking kids sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X