Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just because someone drew it on the top of the pyramid doesn't make it so. In the NE it's below ECNL and overall in the US it's tied, varies a lot by region.

Certainly debatable. I mean, I think Stars A team is top notch (if you refer to NE as Northeast, then PDA is top notch).

Otherwise, you've got 8-10 teams all competing with each other.

Comment

As you spend your time trivializing trivial matters
      And you spend your time trivializing the trivializing of trivial matters.

Comment

Dealt with it, made our choice, and come on here to complain about it.

Got it
        Nope you still don’t. But good try.

Enjoy the DA, I’ll expect you never will speak one negative word about here or anywhere else.

Comment

Just because someone drew it on the top of the pyramid doesn't make it so. In the NE it's below ECNL and overall in the US it's tied, varies a lot by region.
          This. Badge or patch doesn't make the player or team. Take a look at the NH thread about Seacoast DA... those teams were NPL last year, DA this past year. Think that badge worked a miracle? Same with SSS. AP teams were good, but if you have enough player turn-over from Elite to AP, the team will struggle to compete, certainly at the level they played at previously.

As to the changes in the landscape, it's less an issue for those U12's and under. They will adjust or make decisions without too much disruption. It's the HS-aged players that are getting screwed once again. Same with BY change. Not sure why it is so difficult to allow HS-aged players some stability and just implement all these changes for the younger players, but it shows that US Soccer and clubs don't particularly care about the actual customer, the player and their families.

Comment

Just because you say it is below ECNL in NE does not make it so either. Definitely not in MA.

Comment

Just because you say it is below ECNL in NE does not make it so either. Definitely not in MA.
              You don't play MA teams exclusively do you? No, you play some terrible NE teams, multiple times in fact.

Comment

Nope you still don’t. But good try.

Enjoy the DA, I’ll expect you never will speak one negative word about here or anywhere else.
                Actually, it has pluses and minuses like all leagues. We chose what best fits our situation, and assume everyone will do the same.

Comment

You don't play MA teams exclusively do you? No, you play some terrible NE teams, multiple times in fact.
                  Terrible teams in all leagues. DA doesn't have a hold on horribleness. Lots of it in ECNL, too.

Comment

Anyone that has to come on here and claim their league is top tier is not top tier. Hurt to be second tier, didn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Anyone that has to come on here and claim their league is top tier is not top tier. Hurt to be second tier, didn’t it?
                      Hey, man, you should reread your posts before you post. I think you just did what you accuse others of doing.

Comment

Exactly, how did it make you feel?

Hey, man, you should reread your posts before you post. I think you just did what you accuse others of doing.

Comment

What is the top league then? ECNL? DA? NPL? NEP/NSL? I’m guessing that the answer is the league that your club plays in.See you at the World Cup in 4 years.

Comment

What is the top league then? ECNL? DA? NPL? NEP/NSL? I’m guessing that the answer is the league that your club plays in.See you at the World Cup in 4 years.
                            The question should be “what league matches the goals of my player and is he/she developing”. GDA is unproven. With only one year of history, the college commits were mostly developed and recruited in other leagues, whether ECNL or NPL or whatever regional leagues exist. The Youth NT teams are being heavily recruited for from GDA, but again it is too early to say that is good or bad.

Here’s the reality: ECNL has done it’s job for years and will continue to do so. GDA may or may not succeed, but regardless there is enough controversy and sacrifice to make it unsuitable to a large number of players. Do what you think is best for your kid, but don’t for a second think that your decision makes one bit of difference for my kid and stop trying to sugar coat the reality of USSF and why they finally created GDA. It wasn’t to benefit the players...

Comment

The question should be “what league matches the goals of my player and is he/she developing”. GDA is unproven. With only one year of history, the college commits were mostly developed and recruited in other leagues, whether ECNL or NPL or whatever regional leagues exist. The Youth NT teams are being heavily recruited for from GDA, but again it is too early to say that is good or bad.

Here’s the reality: ECNL has done it’s job for years and will continue to do so. GDA may or may not succeed, but regardless there is enough controversy and sacrifice to make it unsuitable to a large number of players. Do what you think is best for your kid, but don’t for a second think that your decision makes one bit of difference for my kid and stop trying to sugar coat the reality of USSF and why they finally created GDA. It wasn’t to benefit the players...
                              I love this. Start with this comment "“what league matches the goals of my player and is he/she developing” then proceed to pump up one league and slam the other. Hard to put much more hypocrisy into a single reply than you have. If that was your intent, very well done.

GDA will continue to survive as long as their are players in New England who cannot logistically get to the too few ECNL teams who run the show and lock everyone out. Now, if some of the ECNL poobas to allow for more New England-based competition, and looked to gain more players from the Region and played more regionally vs. pushing an agenda where you have to drive 4 hours to play the same level that you could do within an hour, GDA would cease to exist.

Until that time, pick your poison based on “what league matches the goals of my player and is he/she developing”.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X