Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, this particular OW team is better than the CFC and FSA teams. The Sporting players helped them; to be clear. FSA scrimmaged then twice and narrowly lost both times. The CFC and FSA teams are better than all the other OW teams. Except maybe the FSA 04 team; they are pretty terrible.
    Your logic makes no sense. You’re saying that FSA narrowly lost to OW in two scrimmages and that makes OW U15 one of the best teams in the country? That would mean OW would be bottom 3rd of ECNL NE region.

Comment

Your logic makes no sense. You’re saying that FSA narrowly lost to OW in two scrimmages and that makes OW U15 one of the best teams in the country? That would mean OW would be bottom 3rd of ECNL NE region.
      Best in the state genus

Comment

Best in the state genus
        Oh the irony “genius”; however the OP is right (even though he can’t spell)

Comment

Oh the irony “genius”; however the OP is right (even though he can’t spell)
          Not the OP. I saw those scrimmages. That OW team is pretty good. I would say they have some solid players that would fall somewhere 7 through 18 in the state. They have good depth. Top 6 players in CT from that age group however are located at CFC and FSA. One OW player playing up would fall in top 6 as well. FSA actually outplayed OW in both games. OW barely squeaked by with literally last minute goals.

Comment

Not the OP. I saw those scrimmages. That OW team is pretty good. I would say they have some solid players that would fall somewhere 7 through 18 in the state. They have good depth. Top 6 players in CT from that age group however are located at CFC and FSA. One OW player playing up would fall in top 6 as well. FSA actually outplayed OW in both games. OW barely squeaked by with literally last minute goals.
            Oakwood owned you. What a misguided slob. Come on man, own it. Ow is better, better coached and only getting better. Next

Comment

Oakwood owned you. What a misguided slob. Come on man, own it. Ow is better, better coached and only getting better. Next
              Congratulations. You beat FSA. Everyone does. Let me know when you e stepped up to the big leagues and beaten CFC.

Comment

How old are these kids? Oakwood peaks in 8th grade. Your “next” is University of Hartford. It’s the 300th best school in the area but they play possession!

Comment

Bragging about beating FSA? lmao...

Comment

Not playing high school, being captain etc is regrettable. The DA thing is very temporary and the kids involved are part of a short lived experiment

Save your tongue in cheek post and re-read it in 5 or 6 years, by then you won’t care about club soccer and will view things differently.

****as a disclaimer, I don’t give a flying f&ck where your kid plays
                    Why is it regrettable? Because you can't let your kids live their own lives and follow their own paths? Will the kids regret not being on the ski team, the math team, swim team?

Let the kids go, mom. Let them go.

Comment

Why is it regrettable? Because you can't let your kids live their own lives and follow their own paths? Will the kids regret not being on the ski team, the math team, swim team?

Let the kids go, mom. Let them go.
                      Check back in a few years. It's a poor move.

Comment

Check back in a few years. It's a poor move.
                        And you base that on....what? Your opinion of how your high school years went?

Think she'll regret not being on the ski team? The math team? Equestrian? Swim?

Which of these organizations will they regret and which will they not?

Comment

And you base that on....what? Your opinion of how your high school years went?

Think she'll regret not being on the ski team? The math team? Equestrian? Swim?

Which of these organizations will they regret and which will they not?
                          Not the OP but were you ever a high school athlete? Based on your comments I'm guessing that you probably were not.

I had the benefit of playing high school sports and had the joy of watching two daughters enjoy it as well. The friendships, accolades, newspaper articles etc are things they'll remember forever. Both kids recruited through their club team but club sports are not the same as playing for your town and school.

Look at the trouble Oakwood is having fielding a single U17 team during prime recruiting time. It might suggest that the majority share this opinion.

Kids don't make these decisions, it's the egos of the parents that drive these choices.

Comment

Wait, let me get this straight .... you lost to them, not once, but twice, and you still think your team is better? This is the problem with soccer in America. Accept defeat and go work on the reasons you lost.

Comment

Congratulations. You beat FSA. Everyone does. Let me know when you e stepped up to the big leagues and beaten CFC.
                              CFC at least as bad at FSA in this age group. Get over yourself.

Comment

Not the OP but were you ever a high school athlete? Based on your comments I'm guessing that you probably were not.

I had the benefit of playing high school sports and had the joy of watching two daughters enjoy it as well. The friendships, accolades, newspaper articles etc are things they'll remember forever. Both kids recruited through their club team but club sports are not the same as playing for your town and school.

Look at the trouble Oakwood is having fielding a single U17 team during prime recruiting time. It might suggest that the majority share this opinion.

Kids don't make these decisions, it's the egos of the parents that drive these choices.
                                Pros and cons to each side of the argument. Your child would've made new friends no matter what. At least you would hope so! And I highly doubt the kids playing DA are doing it because their parents are making them. And to be honest, you have no idea if that's a true statement or not. Just let it go. Is it a shame they can't do both? Yes. It's only a couple of months away from DA. It would be great if they could do both.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X