Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I highly doubt that’s true. Some people don’t like spending money on soccer and traveling all over. PVJSL is one foot in the grave. They will not be able to operate with just a few organizations remaining. Ludlow will not make the move to Roots.
    You highly doubt that’s "Ludlow is talking about moving all their teams to nsl".
    I guarantee it has come up. Their coaches are complaining, just like the coaches from the other PVJSL towns, about a lack of opponents they currently play against, and with even less this fall. The U13 Boys literally had 4 teams in the division, we played they same 3 teams over and over again. If Amherst leaves, which is the rumor, then we are down to 3 teams in this age group and their is a considerable skill gap between these teams. It is not a good situation!

Comment

Storm

You highly doubt that’s "Ludlow is talking about moving all their teams to nsl".
      I guarantee it has come up. Their coaches are complaining, just like the coaches from the other PVJSL towns, about a lack of opponents they currently play against, and with even less this fall. The U13 Boys literally had 4 teams in the division, we played they same 3 teams over and over again. If Amherst leaves, which is the rumor, then we are down to 3 teams in this age group and their is a considerable skill gap between these teams. It is not a good situation!
      And it’s not just the u13s. If you look at every age group you have the same situation in all of them. Each division has maybe 4 or 5 teams in it. The situation w pioneer valley is already dire, if these towns do in fact leave the league will be done.

Comment

We have children who play for a town that is still involved with pioneer valley. It would be nice to know sooner than later that this is being taken care of so we can plan accordingly.

Comment

The problem with PVJSL is the ridiculous game schedule. Most all of the Roots games are on Saturday, easy for working families. PVJSL is on all different days during the week. Difficult traveling 40 min away on a weekday. Had to skip out of work early to pick up kid and get there barely on time. Plus if your kid has other activities, including their elite team practices, they miss them. Frustrating.

Comment

The problem with PVJSL is the ridiculous game schedule. Most all of the Roots games are on Saturday, easy for working families. PVJSL is on all different days during the week. Difficult traveling 40 min away on a weekday. Had to skip out of work early to pick up kid and get there barely on time. Plus if your kid has other activities, including their elite team practices, they miss them. Frustrating.
            The games I agree with should all be on Saturdays. Even if you double up games, even though there should be enough weeks from start of season to finish. My biggest issue is that the towns don’t share with the parents what their plans on. We can see that pioneer valley was in trouble based on the number of teams. You would think that parents would be told , hey we are going to make a move because the league is falling apart.

Comment

The games I agree with should all be on Saturdays. Even if you double up games, even though there should be enough weeks from start of season to finish. My biggest issue is that the towns don’t share with the parents what their plans on. We can see that pioneer valley was in trouble based on the number of teams. You would think that parents would be told , hey we are going to make a move because the league is falling apart.
              The remaining towns are waiting to see who leaves and are hoping some will come back. PVJSL is losing more teams each season. If Wilbraham switches or Ludlow sends any teams to premier, everyone will suddenly panic and switch to RSL. PVJSL is just holding on by their finger nails right now, but don't worry I'm sure RSL will be more than happy to make any last minute changes and take in any town that wants to go there.

Comment

How about making a call to the board members instead of complaining about communication here? Or better yet, get involved and then you'll know first hand.

Comment

How about making a call to the board members instead of complaining about communication here? Or better yet, get involved and then you'll know first hand.
                  Ha you think the board members actually do anything? You’ll be lucky to get a call back. Those boards are run by people who have no interest in what’s actually best for the town soccer program. You can’t get involved, because they won’t let you. Remember it’s a voting process. Some board members in PV have been in their positions for decades. Sometime change is needed for things to improve. The president of PV too, for years refused to change games from Sunday’s to allow kids to play premier soccer and look where that got him.

Comment

Ha you think the board members actually do anything? You’ll be lucky to get a call back. Those boards are run by people who have no interest in what’s actually best for the town soccer program. You can’t get involved, because they won’t let you. Remember it’s a voting process. Some board members in PV have been in their positions for decades. Sometime change is needed for things to improve. The president of PV too, for years refused to change games from Sunday’s to allow kids to play premier soccer and look where that got him.
                    Agreed, pv is getting what it deserves. When you treat your customers like you are doing them a favor people leave.

Comment

This is ridiculous and naive. You must think the board members care what you think? The board members do what’s best in their eyes not the parents eyes so stop your nonsense. I could site numerous examples that back this up, but I don’t want to complain to much. And get involved with what? I mean when was there an election that I missed? When was there an announcement for an election? You get my point.

Comment

This is ridiculous and naive. You must think the board members care what you think? The board members do what’s best in their eyes not the parents eyes so stop your nonsense. I could site numerous examples that back this up, but I don’t want to complain to much. And get involved with what? I mean when was there an election that I missed? When was there an announcement for an election? You get my point.
                        Exactly. It’s very politically driven and corrupt. Last I heard only board members where allowed to vote. It’s completely absurd. Roots encourages feedback and suggestions from member clubs and families and so far I’ve heard nothing but great things. Time to put the final nail on the coffin for PVJSL.

Comment

Guess it's different in every town. Maybe this is why clubs thrive? if the locals can't get it right it's easier to play club where the cream rises (eventually) and daddy's kids just foot the bill for the talent. Rip PVJSL, it was a good run

Comment

Most Town's Board members are interested in improving soccer for their kids and are responsive to parents inquiry's. Reach out to your town's board, if you want to know what their plan is for when PVJSL collapses. At least 3 more towns will not be back this fall and a couple more moved half the teams over to Roots. It is the PVJSL Board that could care less of what the parents want and has been run like a dictatorship for years, which is the reason Roots Soccer League even exists in the first place. Town's just got fed up and wanted something better.

Comment

From what I hear, PVJSL isn't the only town league in trouble. A lot of the towns in the Middlesex league aren't happy and are actively looking to jump ship.

Comment

So what towns are keeping all their teams in PVJSL? Belchertown, Gateway, St Catherine(Springfield), Celtic(Springfield), Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league). Are there any other real town that is keeping all their teams in PVJSL?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X