Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who cares? We are approaching a whole new landscape, when top players will go DA or ECNL.
    NPL results mean less and less, as the competition will be lower.
    We aren’t approaching it, we are already there.

Comment

Who cares? We are approaching a whole new landscape, when top players will go DA or ECNL.
      NPL results mean less and less, as the competition will be lower.
      The NPL is already full of 2nd and 3rd teams. It’s ECNL and DA from here on out.

Comment

The NPL is already full of 2nd and 3rd teams. It’s ECNL and DA from here on out.
        Lets not put DA into that mix please. Just a couple more nails and the men's side should be done ... the girls wont be far behind. Stick a fork in USSF.

Comment

Plenty of talent in the NPL level at least this year. A few NPL teams I'd bet easily hang with and win some head to head match-ups... how long will it last... true not much longer. BUT hey, if your one of those badge teams maybe you'll get lucky and score some of the few still out there for next year. I'd be checking out some of these top teams and watching some games... never really sure how a badge team can be determined by an hour or two on a tryout field.

Comment

Plenty of talent in the NPL level at least this year. A few NPL teams I'd bet easily hang with and win some head to head match-ups... how long will it last... true not much longer. BUT hey, if your one of those badge teams maybe you'll get lucky and score some of the few still out there for next year. I'd be checking out some of these top teams and watching sowme games... never really sure how a badge team can be determined by an hour or two on a tryout field.
            There may be some talent left on NPL, but the fact is, it’s not really worthy of a discussion of top teams and players, when it’s the 3rd and 4th tier league now.

Comment

There may be some talent left on NPL, but the fact is, it’s not really worthy of a discussion of top teams and players, when it’s the 3rd and 4th tier league now.
              I disagree... not just yet. And if it's the "4th tier", what we calling the 3rd? please don't say ECNL regional.......

Comment

I disagree... not just yet. And if it's the "4th tier", what we calling the 3rd? please don't say ECNL regional.......
                The top 5 NPL teams in MA are just as strong as all the teams in the NEGDL that Select and NEFC are playing.

Comment

ECNL regional is North East NPL rebranded, so if you want to bash it as "4th tier" you are kind of proving the point of how weak NPL is.

Comment

ECNL Regional is just what the Northeast NPL was; it was generally (please note "generally") stronger than New England NPL.

So, yes if history holds they should still be slightly ahead of New England NPL.

Comment

ECNL Regional is just what the Northeast NPL was; it was generally (please note "generally") stronger than New England NPL.

So, yes if history holds they should still be slightly ahead of New England NPL.
                      And what will NPL level players (because of skill or personal fit) do when faced with two choices? Pick ECNL Regional, where maybe you get noticed and pulled onto a ECNL team and also have national recruiting events, OR NPL which generally is with smaller clubs, the league is much weaker because the better clubs have left for GDA, and there's less exposure?

Comment

Then go away.

Comment

And what will NPL level players (because of skill or personal fit) do when faced with two choices? Pick ECNL Regional, where maybe you get noticed and pulled onto a ECNL team and also have national recruiting events, OR NPL which generally is with smaller clubs, the league is much weaker because the better clubs have left for GDA, and there's less exposure?
                          As you move older, the clubs who CAN offer both aren't putting their best players in NPL any longer.

Now, that doesn't mean it's still not a viable option for many. Costs, travel, club location and coaching, are all factors among other considerations. Go the NPL route if that fits all best. You may need to be prepared to do a little extra, but it's a fine route to take in some circumstances.

I'm not sold on going to an ECNL Regional club, I'd likely stay local if that were the case.

Comment

Philly doesn't have an 07G thread unbelievable! Someone need to go right over there and get one started...
                            Sad to consider that Philly isn't as crazy of this as Mass is.....

Comment

Fun Fact: The current 07 top badge teams will refresh ~75% of their rosters over the next 3 years.

Comment

As you move older, the clubs who CAN offer both aren't putting their best players in NPL any longer.

Now, that doesn't mean it's still not a viable option for many. Costs, travel, club location and coaching, are all factors among other considerations. Go the NPL route if that fits all best. You may need to be prepared to do a little extra, but it's a fine route to take in some circumstances.

I'm not sold on going to an ECNL Regional club, I'd likely stay local if that were the case.
                                Sad state of affairs really, multi sport athletes suffer, competition isn't worth the cost to stay at NPL, the move may very well to quit club soccer. Some of the better players are going to find the competition at the NPL level weak and feel the choice is to go national give up other activities and go broke and or rob your family of family time or just quit club soccer altogether. Hate to say it but my lean is to quit club soccer. The system should be abolished and teams should play national after proving during a regular season they are worthy. It is what it is I guess.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X