Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Beachbum!

Normally, I wouldn't ask this, because I feel every poster has a right to post their opinions whether I agree or not, but this seems a special case unlike anything I've ever seen before in any forum I've ever participated. Can't you do something about this OCD guy? Every thread seems to devolve into a discussion about his obsession with BTDT. I don't think that's fair to BTDT and even more so, I don't think it's fair to the rest of us who participate in this forum and actually try to have a discussion on topics of interest to the youth soccer community. OCDMan just repeats and repeats the same stuff over and over again regardless of how the topic starts out. He obviously has some mental issues that are causing this behavior, but he's ruining the forum for those of us who are actually here hoping to learn from the experiences of others.

Yes, I know that many discussion turn into "my club is better than yours". I can handle that because it only affects certain threads. What I can't handle is the long winded repetition of OCDMan who will post the same posts multiple times within the same page, never mind the same topic. If the point is to drive us all away from this forum, than let him keep doing what he's doing, but if the goal is to make this place a better forum for discussion, please but a muzzle on this guy.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Normally, I wouldn't ask this, because I feel every poster has a right to post their opinions whether I agree or not, but this seems a special case unlike anything I've ever seen before in any forum I've ever participated. Can't you do something about this OCD guy? Every thread seems to devolve into a discussion about his obsession with BTDT. I don't think that's fair to BTDT and even more so, I don't think it's fair to the rest of us who participate in this forum and actually try to have a discussion on topics of interest to the youth soccer community. OCDMan just repeats and repeats the same stuff over and over again regardless of how the topic starts out. He obviously has some mental issues that are causing this behavior, but he's ruining the forum for those of us who are actually here hoping to learn from the experiences of others.

Yes, I know that many discussion turn into "my club is better than yours". I can handle that because it only affects certain threads. What I can't handle is the long winded repetition of OCDMan who will post the same posts multiple times within the same page, never mind the same topic. If the point is to drive us all away from this forum, than let him keep doing what he's doing, but if the goal is to make this place a better forum for discussion, please but a muzzle on this guy.
    Thanks, btdt. Finally getting tired? It's a beautiful day, why don't get out and enjoy it?

Comment

Same posts several times? Where? Actually someone else was copying every post for a while and putting them in another thread. Cyberman has added more to more discussions in 2 years than btdt has in 7. You really want to talk about obsessively posting the same thing over and over??? Look in the mirror.

btdt is the cancer that has ruined the forum if you want to talk in that language.

Comment

I have to ask myself if I was the parent of a NT player would I be on TS 24/7. And if so, would I dedicate all of that time to bashing soccer clubs and telling all of the parents that they are idiots? Would I post links to articles on my own kid?

If only his Dad would just take him fishing and tell him he done good this horrible nightmare called btdt might end.

Comment

I have to ask myself if I was the parent of a NT player would I be on TS 24/7. And if so, would I dedicate all of that time to bashing soccer clubs and telling all of the parents that they are idiots? Would I post links to articles on my own kid?

If only his Dad would just take him fishing and tell him he done good this horrible nightmare called btdt might end.
          I agree, he's earned it Pops. Go ahead, give him his first Tommy Point.

Comment

You are right that the forum is dying. If you want to see how out of control things have gotten go read the Breakers thread and then do a little searching. OCDman can point fingers all he wants but that sort of stuff is distinctly him. He has single handedly turned this forum into a cesspool and the owners/operators have done nothing to stop him. They are paying the price because posts and page views are dwindling to a trickle. It won't be long before OCDman is the only poster left here.

Comment

You are right that the forum is dying. If you want to see how out of control things have gotten go read the Breakers thread and then do a little searching. OCDman can point fingers all he wants but that sort of stuff is distinctly him. He has single handedly turned this forum into a cesspool and the owners/operators have done nothing to stop him. They are paying the price because posts and page views are dwindling to a trickle. It won't be long before OCDman is the only poster left here.
              Classic btdt. You think everything is about money and page views. Do you REALLY want to talk about the Breakers thread? You really want to seem more of your old posts posted again? Want me to re-post all of YOUR posts from that thread? Maybe you forgot, but you were at the height of your hysteria during that 3-4 day run. It was blatant panic and it was an embarrassment. You are the cesspool my friend. I've never tried to sell one thing here. I generally have had no agenda. You reek of agenda and arm-twisting every time you post. What it all boils down to is that you have no class, no graciousness, and a hardened lack of insight that is the hallmark of untreatable narcissism.

Comment

btdt, how many threads are you going to start today???

When you said you only post 6-8 times a day, you really meant new threads started per day, correct?

Comment

I think this entire thread is one person posting and responding to himself. Responses are timed very close to each other.

As soon as I see something posted now - that's longer than 20 sentences I just switch threads.

Comment

I think this entire thread is one person posting and responding to himself. Responses are timed very close to each other.

As soon as I see something posted now - that's longer than 20 sentences I just switch threads.
                    Isn't this the saddest post of all. TS used to be a place where the lengthy posts were where you got your best information. What of value can be said in one or two sentences? If this is where things are here maybe the site should just die out.

Comment

Isn't this the saddest post of all. TS used to be a place where the lengthy posts were where you got your best information. What of value can be said in one or two sentences? If this is where things are here maybe the site should just die out.
                      The site is fine...it's the ongoing 4-hour-daily-hundred-paragraph battle between people claiming to be for or against OCD man/BTDT/and whoever else. There is no information to be gleaned from that mess. None. Just petty barbs between folks who refuse to get out of the sandbox. It's truly impossible to stay engaged reading any meaningful information with that crap going back and forth.

Comment

Funny how the unregistered want a ban on unregistered flamers and trolls.

OK, so here is what I can do.

Register and go to new sub forum:

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=82

BTDT and OCD(whatever) will have to register and be identified as who they are.

Comment

I agree, he's earned it Pops. Go ahead, give him his first Tommy Point.
                          First 5 post, 4 of which all OCDman.

Comment

First 10 posts, seven by OCDMan.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbum View Post
                              Funny how the unregistered want a ban on unregistered flamers and trolls.

OK, so here is what I can do.

Register and go to new sub forum:

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forumdisplay.php?f=82

BTDT and OCD(whatever) will have to register and be identified as who they are.
                              Beachbum, you can do better, but since you won't, count me out. OCDMan can talk to himself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X