Gps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe your kid wasn’t that great hope all these kids do fantastic if not the honor roll never hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      College soccer? Pfffft please. These are regional level players at best. College soccer seems a bit far fetched when both NEFC & GPS NPL players struggle to play any form of college ball. But hey, keep writing those checks.
      This is actually funny. I’ll tell that to the dozens of d1 and d2 commits playing NPL at these clubs. And all of those nescac d3 commits should just quit now huh?

Comment

This is actually funny. I’ll tell that to the dozens of d1 and d2 commits playing NPL at these clubs. And all of those nescac d3 commits should just quit now huh?
        Ya, go ahead and tell them. Bit weird you’d know a dozen teenagers in college...

Comment

No, I'm saying that the previous poster's statement that "all" big clubs cost the same is not true.

I also feel that friends of ours who paid 3600+ for a regional GPS team that went through 3 coaches in a single year is awful--especially compared to the coaching/training that my kid is getting for less $$. The regional teams at our club are almost $1000 less than GPS and the coaching is more consistent.

Saying that GPS is overpriced for what they offer is accurate, in my opinion.
          Most of my sons team is on scholarship, so we aren’t paying anywhere near that. Although the scholarship process seemed a bit extensive, I was happy to receive a discount off tuition and some free camps.

Comment

College soccer? Pfffft please. These are regional level players at best. College soccer seems a bit far fetched when both NEFC & GPS NPL players struggle to play any form of college ball. But hey, keep writing those checks.
            Quite a few kids have played in college or are slated to play, just in this year alone there were a couple from my town that committed to D2 D1 from GPS. I'm sure the numbers and chances are much greater at a DA or ECNL club, I'm not arguing that. But you can play in college from GPS. I'm sure its harder to and I'm not saying that GPS as a club does anything to get you there (I honestly have no idea how they got the offer). But this notion that it's impossible is false, although if I had this as a primary goal for soccer I'd likely be looking to tryout for a DA or ECNL.

Comment

Nobody takes time out of their day, to make posts on TS about or for their “friends”. Cut the BS. If you are on here, it’s because you have some kind of personal involvement with a particular club. Either you get pay check from the club, or you had some past involvement with a club, and can’t seem to get over it and move on. GPS is huge and many players take part in it. They agree to pay the price they pay, and nobody is forcing them. They will find out if it’s worth it to them or not. If they like it, they’ll stay. If they don’t like it, they’ll go elsewhere. There are plenty of clubs looking for players and coaches. GPS probably doesn’t need you.

Comment

Agreed. Anyone with a personal experience tends to post about their gender / age / level. The #GPSEnvy poster consistently makes it about the club. He's jealous of their business model

Comment

Nobody takes time out of their day, to make posts on TS about or for their “friends”. Cut the BS. If you are on here, it’s because you have some kind of personal involvement with a particular club. Either you get pay check from the club, or you had some past involvement with a club, and can’t seem to get over it and move on. GPS is huge and many players take part in it. They agree to pay the price they pay, and nobody is forcing them. They will find out if it’s worth it to them or not. If they like it, they’ll stay. If they don’t like it, they’ll go elsewhere. There are plenty of clubs looking for players and coaches. GPS probably doesn’t need you.
                  I wonder which club gives you a pay check.

Comment

Agreed. Anyone with a personal experience tends to post about their gender / age / level. The #GPSEnvy poster consistently makes it about the club. He's jealous of their business model
                    No one wants to be one of the sh1th3ads that runs gps

Comment

No one wants to be one of the sh1th3ads that runs gps
                      Perfect

Comment

When will we get ECNL?

Comment

GPS doesn’t develop, they just recruit for profit. The only way some of their teams are successful is because they will field teams competitively with players from across all regions. The amount of money that they charge is ridiculous for what they actually do. Their methodology is keep the organization paid.
                          I wouldn’t spend a dime on their garbage.

Comment

GPS doesn’t develop, they just recruit for profit. The only way some of their teams are successful is because they will field teams competitively with players from across all regions. The amount of money that they charge is ridiculous for what they actually do. Their methodology is keep the organization paid.
                            I wouldn’t spend a dime on their garbage.
                            ah, dum dum. fielding teams - that you admit are competitive - from players across their regions IS developing. You gotta up your game.

and I will say it again, if you are motivated to comment on them negatively, they have already beat you.

Comment

ah, dum dum. fielding teams - that you admit are competitive - from players across their regions IS developing. You gotta up your game.

and I will say it again, if you are motivated to comment on them negatively, they have already beat you.
                              That’s why so many are negative on GPS; poor past experiences make them want to warn other parents before they make the same mistake. What GPS fears most is honest reviews from past parents who’ve seen the lack of quality coaching and poor organization firsthand.

Comment

Anyone who knows better knows that gps doesn’t create dynamic players.
                                Big waste of money!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X