Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like this guy is living of his Dads success.Did the Son play professionally ?
    Seems like you're believing a troll that has no clue what he's even talking about. If you knew anything about JB, and how his father passed away, you'd realize that JB is hardly living off his dad's success. Not even close.

No...JB did not play professionally.

Comment

Didn’t he just bring in a dozen college coaches for a private camp at Celtic .
      Also seem to recall Celtic and Dundee United sending him US players to evaluate . Isn’t that acting as a scout ?
      Yes.... he brought in dozen college coaches. Which I will agree is VERY VERY impressive for such a small club. However of the 12 coaches he personally know at least 4 of them for years. 3/4 of the 12 were from Scotland and and the rest were from England, or Ireland, or worked with a coach that JB knows. So he is using his connections to his advantage. Side note....IMO several girls from Celtic will be getting scholarships the next few years. Especially the 2021 class.

As for the "sending him players to evaluate'...it's only happened once maybe twice. That hardly qualifies whatsoever as scout. Also he wasn't evaluating for the Celtic pro team. The Celtic academy is one of the best training programs in the UK.

Comment

Didn’t he just bring in a dozen college coaches for a private camp at Celtic .
        Also seem to recall Celtic and Dundee United sending him US players to evaluate . Isn’t that acting as a scout ?
        Did he feed that to you as you paid for his drinks?

Dude is selling snake oil.

Comment

Did he feed that to you as you paid for his drinks?

Dude is selling snake oil.
          Haters gonna hate. Trolls gonna troll.

Comment

Why??? Because he cares about the girls on that team and I don’t see him just leaving them until they graduate. That’s just my opinion

However if he gets a great offer he needs to take it. If he were my son I would tell him to make the best decision for him. Regardless JB is here for at least a another year.
            This has become a real problem. Those 18 girls make up about 3% of the club. When do the other 482 competitive players get attended to?

Comment

This has become a real problem. Those 18 girls make up about 3% of the club. When do the other 482 competitive players get attended to?
              Nice try troll.

Stop trying to portray JB as someone who only does things for his team. That is so far from the truth. If the “other 482 competitive players“ are so unhappy then why are they still there? Why has the club’s membership grown consecutively for the past four years? Why has the performance on the field and the play gotten better since he arrived? Why have more players signed scholarships since has has been there than the previous 7-8 years prior to him arriving? But facts don’t matter. That doesn’t fit your narrative. Does it?

Comment

Nice try troll.

Stop trying to portray JB as someone who only does things for his team. That is so far from the truth. If the “other 482 competitive players“ are so unhappy then why are they still there? Why has the club’s membership grown consecutively for the past four years? Why has the performance on the field and the play gotten better since he arrived? Why have more players signed scholarships since has has been there than the previous 7-8 years prior to him arriving? But facts don’t matter. That doesn’t fit your narrative. Does it?
                Because those girls were well coached from young ages, worked hard, and are good enough. Very little to do with JB and everything to do with those girls and their ability. They were good players long before he came over.

Comment

Because those girls were well coached from young ages, worked hard, and are good enough. Very little to do with JB and everything to do with those girls and their ability. They were good players long before he came over.
                  LOL...wrong again. Nice try though.

Way more than half the players currently on JBs team were with other local clubs before they came to play for JB at Celtic. So your argument of "those girls were well coached from young ages' doesn't apply. The odds of ALL of them getting trained well at other clubs at early ages isn't realistic. Also, if you think ANY coach can just take a bunch of girls that are "good players" that have "ability" and just put a soccer ball in front of them and they are successful tells me you're not only a troll but you're also a fool and a hater. If you know anything about sports at all you know that talent without good coaching is just wasted talent.

Yes....JBs team has a lot of NATURALLY talented players. That's the case with any good team at any club.
                  No...I don't think JB is the best coach ever. He has made and will continue to make mistakes.
                  No...I don't think JB is talisman that is working miracles. The previous 2 DOCs at Celtic were hot trash. The bar wasn't that high when JB got there. But he has done a good job the past 4 years, with is team and for Celtic, whether you agree or not.

Comment

LOL...wrong again. Nice try though.

Way more than half the players currently on JBs team were with other local clubs before they came to play for JB at Celtic. So your argument of "those girls were well coached from young ages' doesn't apply. The odds of ALL of them getting trained well at other clubs at early ages isn't realistic. Also, if you think ANY coach can just take a bunch of girls that are "good players" that have "ability" and just put a soccer ball in front of them and they are successful tells me you're not only a troll but you're also a fool and a hater. If you know anything about sports at all you know that talent without good coaching is just wasted talent.

Yes....JBs team has a lot of NATURALLY talented players. That's the case with any good team at any club.
                    No...I don't think JB is the best coach ever. He has made and will continue to make mistakes.
                    No...I don't think JB is talisman that is working miracles. The previous 2 DOCs at Celtic were hot trash. The bar wasn't that high when JB got there. But he has done a good job the past 4 years, with is team and for Celtic, whether you agree or not.
                    You were talking about the recent girls who signed with colleges. Those players were at the club before he was.

He hasn't even been at the club for 4 years. He arrived the same time orange man won. Those players were all solid well before he arrived.

Comment

You were talking about the recent girls who signed with colleges. Those players were at the club before he was.

He hasn't even been at the club for 4 years. He arrived the same time orange man won. Those players were all solid well before he arrived.
                      Yes....the girls who recently signed with colleges where there before JB was. What's your point? Would the old DOC have been able to get a player signed with the Citadel? No! It was JB, who had a contact at the Citadel, who helped facilitate that arrangement. It was also JB, knowing the coach at West Alabama, that helped get another player signed this year. I believe 5 girls committed to play college soccer this year. Did the previous DOCs EVER has that many in one year? Again...NO!

JB is NOT a perfect. But give credit where it is due. He is doing a good job at Celtic. A small little club in Largo. He has done things, for example 12 colleges coaches at a college id camp, that other DOCs at Celtic and probably in the Tampa Bay area have never done.

But obviously you are a troll with an axe to grind. So grind away troll.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything special. Good team yes but it just coincidental he happened to get that team.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything special. Good team yes but it just coincidental he happened to get that team.
                          There are probably about 5 players on that team who survived from the team he took over, the rest he recruited. Coincidentally recruited tho!!

Comment

There are probably about 5 players on that team who survived from the team he took over, the rest he recruited. Coincidentally recruited tho!!
                            Cmon troll. At least get your facts right. My bad....trolls don't use fact!

18-20 girls on the 03G roster. 1/2 were there before JB got there the other 1/2 came after he got there. For the record....all good coaches 'recruit" better players if their current team has weaknesses.

Comment

This whole thread is so funny, in one corner you have the JB hater who is just a troll no real substance.
                              Then you have the JB parent who is also not well informed. But I would say this to you, by saying JB moves on after the 03 team graduates doesn’t make the argument that he cares about the rest of the club hold water. It makes him look like someone who just used the club for his own personal gain and moved on. That is not the JB I know, he will be around for a while because he is loyal and appreciative. But besides that he doesn’t have the credentials to move on. Contacts do not get you jobs. They help but don’t get you over the line.

Also you are giving him way too much credit, and on the other hand you also can’t blame him for the ways the club is not doing well. The truth in all this is somewhere in the middle. He is doing a very good job from what I gather and most people are very pleased.
                              What I don’t get is why all the Celtic talk now? Did your little girl or boy get cut? Or are you just bored rehashing this thread? I think I know the answer. Your jealousy of Celtic, because if you were not jealous you wouldn’t bother posting

Comment

This whole thread is so funny, in one corner you have the JB hater who is just a troll no real substance.
                                Then you have the JB parent who is also not well informed. But I would say this to you, by saying JB moves on after the 03 team graduates doesn’t make the argument that he cares about the rest of the club hold water. It makes him look like someone who just used the club for his own personal gain and moved on. That is not the JB I know, he will be around for a while because he is loyal and appreciative. But besides that he doesn’t have the credentials to move on. Contacts do not get you jobs. They help but don’t get you over the line.

Also you are giving him way too much credit, and on the other hand you also can’t blame him for the ways the club is not doing well. The truth in all this is somewhere in the middle. He is doing a very good job from what I gather and most people are very pleased.
                                What I don’t get is why all the Celtic talk now? Did your little girl or boy get cut? Or are you just bored rehashing this thread? I think I know the answer. Your jealousy of Celtic, because if you were not jealous you wouldn’t bother posting
                                Nice post. The only thing I disagree with is when you say, " the JB I know, he will be around for a while because he is loyal and appreciative." Yes he is loyal and appreciative. Yet that doesn't mean he will stay for forever/ a long time. He is young and early in his career. Reality is that hardly anyone stays in one job/position their entire career. Eventually JB will eventually move on. I guess my idea and your idea of what, "he will be around for a while" differ. IMO he won't leave until his 03 team is done playing. Hopefully I'm wrong. But regardless of when he leaves Celtic will be a MUCH better club than when he first got there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X