Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    SPOL will be interesting for sure - I heard they add 3 or 4 very mediocre kids thanks to MG.

Also I was told MG has been relieved of his duties as coach and BG has taken over.

Look out SPOL finally may have an actual soccer coach!!
    Fact or fiction?
    Are you part of SPOL or just spreading misinformation?

Comment

Time and time again, you get threads like this, with creeps that are obsessed with pre-pubescent girls soccer teams. Bow chicka wow wow.
      They're not obsessed in that way. It's parents who think their 11-12 year old superstar will get a full ride to Duke, just because the team wins some tournaments. Flash forward to when that kid is 15. Reality has set in. Nearly all of those early rising stars are at best midlevel ECNL players. Some won't even get that far and very well may not be playing at all. The state only produces less than a handful of top national level players each year, if that many.

Comment

They're not obsessed in that way. It's parents who think their 11-12 year old superstar will get a full ride to Duke, just because the team wins some tournaments. Flash forward to when that kid is 15. Reality has set in. Nearly all of those early rising stars are at best midlevel ECNL players. Some won't even get that far and very well may not be playing at all. The state only produces less than a handful of top national level players each year, if that many.
        I find it funny how serious people are about 11-12 year old soccer. My daughter was still playing local travel at 11. The pressure put on these kids at 11-12 years old explains why they burn out. No one cares about 11-12 year old soccer, trust me. There are no scouts coming to your 11-12 year old soccer game to recruit your daughter. You parents need to relax.

Comment

Who knows what the divisions look like for the fall?

Comment

SPOL will be interesting for sure - I heard they add 3 or 4 very mediocre kids thanks to MG.

Also I was told MG has been relieved of his duties as coach and BG has taken over.

Look out SPOL finally may have an actual soccer coach!!
            Any confirmation?

Comment

Who knows what the divisions look like for the fall?
              Since the top NEP division will be missing the top teams from NEFC, FC Stars, SSS, Scorpions, CFC, it won't be as competitive as in years past...

Comment

Since the top NEP division will be missing the top teams from NEFC, FC Stars, SSS, Scorpions, CFC, it won't be as competitive as in years past...
                As well as Oakwood & Seacoast....

Comment

Trump

So all of the "top teams" discussed in this thread are going to different leagues. None left in NEP? How are we going to crown the baddest little team in the land?

Comment

Any confirmation?
                    It is confirmed, not on the team or affiliated, but you can’t knock the fact That coach did a great job building and keeping that team largely together. Small club performing well means something especially with all the consolidation and they don’t have many options for new kids so it’s maintain and build. Not many small clubs left which I think is kind of a shame

Comment

What do you think the NPL 07 division will look like?

Comment

What do you think the NPL 07 division will look like?
                        GPS red and SPOL should just play each other 8 times. All of the other quality teams are gone.

Comment

We'll see. I know of at least one club who recruited heavily outside of their club rather than just promoting their B team players. Will be interesting to see what they've put together.

Comment

GPS red and SPOL should just play each other 8 times. All of the other quality teams are gone.
                            They won't even play each other as GPS is a founder member. NPL A will be:

GPS
                            Bayside
                            Aztec
                            Yankee Utd
                            Seacoast B team
                            NEFC B team (probably Central group, still a strong team but a B team)
                            SSS B team - who knows what they will be like
                            Oakwood B team

They need to get rid of the Founder Member league and go to true top division. Still enough good teams to be competitive if they mix the teams up.

Comment

They won't even play each other as GPS is a founder member. NPL A will be:

GPS
                              Bayside
                              Aztec
                              Yankee Utd
                              Seacoast B team
                              NEFC B team (probably Central group, still a strong team but a B team)
                              SSS B team - who knows what they will be like
                              Oakwood B team

They need to get rid of the Founder Member league and go to true top division. Still enough good teams to be competitive if they mix the teams up.
                              I would remove the Oakwood B team and insert the Western United Pioneers in its place. The rest looks about right. FCUSA and Liverpool IFC strong contenders for NPL as well.

Comment

So SOL, the best 2007 non-ECNL/DA team in the state, won't even get into NPL A? Something so wrong if that's the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X