Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Addresses

Ahhh IP Addresses are a wonderful thing.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ahhh IP Addresses are a wonderful thing.
    Why is that?

Comment

If a website releases an IP address to an individual and harm comes to that IP person from that individual be it directly or indirectly a lawsuit will ensure.

Comment

If a website releases an IP address to an individual and harm comes to that IP person from that individual be it directly or indirectly a lawsuit will ensure.
        You are missing the point.If somebody posts a slanderous allegation on TS anonymously you can track the IP address(legally)and sue for slander or libel.
        Good luck with that!

Comment

You are missing the point.If somebody posts a slanderous allegation on TS anonymously you can track the IP address(legally)and sue for slander or libel.
          Good luck with that!
          Why sure.. Obama does it all the time.

Comment

Good luck with that!
            Lawuits can be brought for just about any reason...sad but true. If I get sued, I am suing right back...In that case, even though your lawyer will be free to you while you sue me(he will take 40% of all proceeds). The lawyer that has to defend you against my lawsuit will cost you cash money. Have a nice day

Comment

Don't take it personal when you are called out on TS. If you are clean no worries. TS is not a place to get the total truth. So you wanting to know who talks about you goes to show how weal you sfr as an individual. Man up and tend to your family. You might want to quit soccer while you at it.

Comment

The best defense to a lawsuit for libel or slander is truth. Truth is an absolute defense to any defamation claim.

Comment

Not as easy as you think. Most internet providers, especially for home accounts, the IP address changes routinely.

Comment

The best defense to a lawsuit for libel or slander is truth. Truth is an absolute defense to any defamation claim.
                    No to mention that you have to prove damages which is not easy. Without damages, there is no claim I believe (although I am not a lawyer). So this whole thread seems like noise to me.

Comment

Don't know how anyone can sue for slander since no one uses names on this site. But someone must feel that he or she is being attacked and makes one wonder what they have been up to that they feel so guilty.

Comment

No to mention that you have to prove damages which is not easy. Without damages, there is no claim I believe (although I am not a lawyer). So this whole thread seems like noise to me.
                        all it is.

Comment

Good luck with that!
                          Ummmm...would it not be a little difficult to prove who was using the computer at the time. It could be a kid, a parent, a maid, someone at a library or at work. Who is going to give a subpoena when you have no idea who was using it? I mean what is it a misdemeanor?

Comment

Sure

Ummmm...would it not be a little difficult to prove who was using the computer at the time. It could be a kid, a parent, a maid, someone at a library or at work. Who is going to give a subpoena when you have no idea who was using it? I mean what is it a misdemeanor?
                            You all are so clueless. Mobile phones use dynamic IP addresses which role over constantly. Unless you pay extra for a static IP, service providers like Brighthouse also use dynamic IP's. When the power goes out or the modem is unplugged for more than a few minutes, the IP address is cycled to a new one. Businesses that use static IP addresses appear to the outside world as a single IP, even though hundreds of computers may be behind the firewall.

Comment

you are a joke. are you seriously trying to scare someone? good luck with that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X