Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaun Cryer?

Any input on him and his style? He was just hired on as our ECNL coach at Bethesda. I did find some old threads here with mixed results.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any input on him and his style? He was just hired on as our ECNL coach at Bethesda. I did find some old threads here with mixed results.
    You’re lucky to have him one of the best coaches in NJ.

Comment

Without him, what is happening to Dynamite Academy?

Comment

He has trained and coached my daughter.

He is a purist and one of the best coaches in NJ. He has a hard edge and can be over the top with the girls. He is great for some and not so great for others. If he ever learns to mature in how he treats and talks to young women when they disappoint him in a game , the sky is the limit for him. Hopefully like fine wine, he will mellow with age.

Comment

Which age?

Comment

Haven't had dealings with him but his teams constantly perform well.

Comment

That's a lot of people moving from Wayne to Bethesda. How is he going to keep his reputation without the kids he built and recruited?

Comment

if you are not a decent enough player, you're abused and get burned out.

if you are a good player he takes care of you
                https://thedynamiteacademy.com/hall-of-fame

Comment

Which age?
                  We are incoming U14 next year. He is also helping with U15 and taking over U17. All teams are Bethesda ECNL.

Comment

Well his style is not kick and run. I saw Bethesda play a few ago and they are in for a serious adjustment if they have Shaun. But he will get the best out of those kids for sure

Comment

Shaun Cryer is a ****ing loser. RT is running these coaches out one by one. See you later ****er! WE ARE THE SHORE!

Comment

Well his style is not kick and run. I saw Bethesda play a few ago and they are in for a serious adjustment if they have Shaun. But he will get the best out of those kids for sure
                        Hopefully he does not get screwed over like the STA deal. At least he’s in a better place now in ECNL vs crappy GA or whatever is called now. The STA teams fell apart after Shaun left.

Comment

A friend's D played for him years ago. Very athletic kid. Kid had some discipline issues (nothing horrible or law-breaking, just wasn't a very good listener and not very well-behaved). Under Cryer, she developed very well as a soccer player and became a much more disciplined kid, so that was good. But by the time she was a freshman in HS she was just about ready to quit soccer, largely from his uber-demanding approach. Then Cryer leaves the club and she ends up joining another club. At the new club, the coach, also very good, has a much more supportive approach to coaching, and after a few months she re-discovered how much she loves to play. Looks forward to practice and plays with a lot more passion. To Cryer's credit, he was the one who pointed her to the club he thought she would flourish at (and had a relationship with the coach at that club to get her on the team), so I would have to imagine he does care about seeing the kids do well. Her parents still think having Cryer coach her was a very good experience. Not sure if this story helps at all, but it's the only story I know about someone who has played for Cryer.

Comment

Hopefully he does not get screwed over like the STA deal. At least he’s in a better place now in ECNL vs crappy GA or whatever is called now. The STA teams fell apart after Shaun left.

STA=Garbage.

Comment

We are incoming U14 next year. He is also helping with U15 and taking over U17. All teams are Bethesda ECNL.
                              Damn it, guess this means Bethesda 08s aren't going to be trash next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X