Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a funny thread that meets all of the high criteria of TS Forum. Glad it makes those happy to see a bunch of 11 and 12 year olds get beat. I don't have a dog in this fight just find NJ soccer parents are a little insane.

That being said, its good that these PDA teams lost. How can you learn if you are always dominating. I applaud the the kids that won for finding a way to get it done. Any given Sunday anything can happen. This is why we have our kids compete. The winning and the losing make for great life lessons. For the kids. The parents on the other hand, lol.
    It is something else to watch as a parent on the sidelines during the match seeing parents so invested in a game with 11-12 year olds and living vicariously through them. Before matches telling them what to do, yelling at them during a match and then talking to them after matches about what they did wrong. Very sad. You could see those that will burnout or not want to continue playing once they are high school age. Most of these parents make their daughters soccer part of their own social life and that becomes part of the problem.

Comment

Pipeline is kickball and press club. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Obviously it worked this time. I don't see anyone talking about the results from last fall which were much more lopsided.
      Pipeline 08 is not a kick and run team. That's just a made up excuse.

Comment

It’s called the 09’s to the rescue.
        If you go on ECNL app/web site right now, match fit ECNL u13 team has 33 players.

If anyone can explain how the hell you get to 33 players on a roster list when the max is:
        30 players
        3 development players
        And pretend to develop players.

Once again let me reiterate. Team started with 18 players after tryouts. Now there are 33.

Comment

It is something else to watch as a parent on the sidelines during the match seeing parents so invested in a game with 11-12 year olds and living vicariously through them. Before matches telling them what to do, yelling at them during a match and then talking to them after matches about what they did wrong. Very sad. You could see those that will burnout or not want to continue playing once they are high school age. Most of these parents make their daughters soccer part of their own social life and that becomes part of the problem.
          Admittedly I was one of those parents. Probably the worst. It was not until I backed off and let my Daughter own her own soccer play that I saw her start playing her best. She knows when she does good and she knows when she does bad. Me yelling instruction at her did not help her At all. Now a days when I hear parents trying to sideline control their kids I just shake my head. I can't believe what an idiot I was.

Comment

Admittedly I was one of those parents. Probably the worst. It was not until I backed off and let my Daughter own her own soccer play that I saw her start playing her best. She knows when she does good and she knows when she does bad. Me yelling instruction at her did not help her At all. Now a days when I hear parents trying to sideline control their kids I just shake my head. I can't believe what an idiot I was.
            The worst moment I ever witnessed was right after a match a mother calling her daughter over and you could see the young player hesitate. The mom grabbed her by her collar and pulled her into the bathroom. I just put my head down with sadness. They came out a little while later and the daughter was not happy. Too much pressure on these kids. Soccer is supposed to be fun for the player. It’s there time not a parents sport. You watch these matches with 11-12 year olds and observed the parents you will see what I have just said.

Comment

Pipeline great job. Both great teams. Not sure if true but a 2008 pda blue player was at WC training this past week

Comment

Pipeline is kickball and press club. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Obviously it worked this time. I don't see anyone talking about the results from last fall which were much more lopsided.
                That may be true but they were not kick and run this game. They actually played a nice game and were moving the ball well.

Comment

Pipeline great job. Both great teams. Not sure if true but a 2008 pda blue player was at WC training this past week
                  Just another example of a parent “getting involved” talking about a rumor of a 12 year old showing up at training session. As if that is all this parent needs to think about......

Comment

They are very very physical players and very athletic, not much on the actual soccer side but I can see how PDA would lose this as the 08 team isn't very big or as skilled as some of the older teams.

Comment

Discussing strategies or bouncing ideas off a parent isn't a bad thing before a game. Some people need to know the difference. If your coach says never to talk about soccer with your kid then something is wrong. Win or lose your kid should be engaged enough that they want to talk about what was good or bad. Burnout is generally caused by it just not being fun anymore which usually is from a lack of playing time and/or child not able to cope with coach. Key to knowing if your kid will burn out is if they can watch a game. If they won't watch it they aren't going to like it when they sit which, lets face it, most will do as they get older.

Comment

youre just asking the question right? just throwing it out there.

Like not sure if its true but heard PDA had 7 worldclass players at their sessions. dont quote me on it, not sure if its true.

Comment

If you go on ECNL app/web site right now, match fit ECNL u13 team has 33 players.

If anyone can explain how the hell you get to 33 players on a roster list when the max is:
                          30 players
                          3 development players
                          And pretend to develop players.

Once again let me reiterate. Team started with 18 players after tryouts. Now there are 33.
                          It was already established before winter break that about a dozen of the 09 Shore girls were added to the roster only for the 08 ECNL parents to complain to ECNL who stepped in and lowered the hammer on MF about it.

Comment

Such a lie .. same team that started in August .. it’s called development
                            Yeah they added 09s ... great development

Comment

Let me clear it up for you. IT IS NOT TRUE!!!! Stop trying to start stuff. Before you speak you should do your homework. No ECNL player can try-out or attend another team's practice for another ECNL team until after the "REGULAR SEASON" has finished. DO YOUR HOMEWORK please...

Comment

Discussing strategies or bouncing ideas off a parent isn't a bad thing before a game. Some people need to know the difference. If your coach says never to talk about soccer with your kid then something is wrong. Win or lose your kid should be engaged enough that they want to talk about what was good or bad. Burnout is generally caused by it just not being fun anymore which usually is from a lack of playing time and/or child not able to cope with coach. Key to knowing if your kid will burn out is if they can watch a game. If they won't watch it they aren't going to like it when they sit which, lets face it, most will do as they get older.
                                Just another parent shifting the blame on the coaches/club/team when players burnout and quit. I have been around long enough to see the truth. 99.9% of parents either never played soccer nor know anything about soccer till there child started playing. To discuss strategies as you say is an overbearing parent who wants their child to perform to their satisfaction. This parents definition of what causes burnout is a denial that parents have anything to do with their child not wanting to play in high school. Reading parents describing 11,12,13 year olds as studs or physical or anything that they want them to be on the field shows the0r over involvement. The fac that parents are writing about rumors of a kid showing up at a training session in just wrong. Does this bother anyone else? I have daughters who have played ECNL and have seen this behavior and now it’s getting worse.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X