Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL NJ Event

ECNL NJ event cancelled. Has been moved to North Carolina a week later.

ECNL say they've moved it due to NJ quarantine rules for teams outwith the immediate area and have moved it back a week to coincide with the dead period ending.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL NJ event cancelled. Has been moved to North Carolina a week later.

ECNL say they've moved it due to NJ quarantine rules for teams outwith the immediate area and have moved it back a week to coincide with the dead period ending.
    Nobody is following quarantine rules so this is silly. Do you think GA clubs coming back from FLA will quarantine for 2 weeks upon return?

Comment

Nobody is following quarantine rules so this is silly. Do you think GA clubs coming back from FLA will quarantine for 2 weeks upon return?
      Regardless, moving it back a week makes a lot of sense since D1 dead period ends and coaches can actually come as of 6/1.

Comment

Regardless, moving it back a week makes a lot of sense since D1 dead period ends and coaches can actually come as of 6/1.
        GA should have pushed theirs back too. Why did they not follow common logic like ECNL

Comment

GA should have pushed theirs back too. Why did they not follow common logic like ECNL
          Because they don’t have events in NJ so there are no mandatory quarantine requirements?

Comment

The issue is that NJ requires quarantine for anyone coming INTO NJ except from NY, CT and DE. So teams from other states can’t come to NJ and play.

Comment

The issue is that NJ requires quarantine for anyone coming INTO NJ except from NY, CT and DE. So teams from other states can’t come to NJ and play.
              That’s exactly the point what happens to GA clubs from NJ when they return. I doubt anyone is quarantining for 10 days upon return.

Comment

Good news I have my memorial day free. Bad news I now have to be in NC the following weekend. Odds are that quarantine will be lifted by 5/1, but I understand the decision.

Comment

Is this the pda showcase?

Comment

Good news I have my memorial day free. Bad news I now have to be in NC the following weekend. Odds are that quarantine will be lifted by 5/1, but I understand the decision.
                    Plans needed to be made plus it allows D1 coaches to attend post dead period. A good move

Comment

That’s exactly the point what happens to GA clubs from NJ when they return. I doubt anyone is quarantining for 10 days upon return.
                      Think event organizers want to be seen as encouraging that? No way. Now there's no quarantine issues, D1 coaches can go. Win win except for the locals who have to travel now.

Comment

Plans needed to be made plus it allows D1 coaches to attend post dead period. A good move
                        Great move, shows you the experience and common sense the ECNL has over other leagues.

Comment

PDA was going to have a 2003 non ECNL bracket, which would have been ECNL clubs with their 2003/2022s, I wonder if that will still happen. For those that don't know ECNL NJ is just 15-17, but PDA also ran another showcase for ECNL at U14 and non ECNL teams at U15-U17. U18 was added because that group missed their entire Sophomore year.

Comment

That’s a damn shame because PDA makes $2M on the event.

Comment

That’s a damn shame because PDA makes $2M on the event.
                              That’s Murphy for you. Drive commerce out of the state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X