WESTON -- FC Vs Select

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The poster is in the correct location. If he thinks Select is good training his kid isn’t cut out for a real travel program.

Comment

Lol dude my kid is 8 years old. Youre dillusional if you can pick out players that are “cut out for travel” when they are eight years old. Kindda proved my point with this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Lol dude my kid is 8 years old. Youre dillusional if you can pick out players that are “cut out for travel” when they are eight years old. Kindda proved my point with this comment.
        As a parent who’s kid already moved on to college. Every year counts when it comes to kids development. If you don’t play with the best kids you fall behind. Doesn’t mean the kid can’t catch up but your not making it any easier. My son never played against any Weston select teams but if comments on this thread are accurate this is not a travel soccer program with a dedicated team coach who participate in real soccer leagues. U8-10 are critical for learning how to play as a team vice individual.

Comment

Is your son playing college level now?

Comment

As a parent who’s kid already moved on to college. Every year counts when it comes to kids development. If you don’t play with the best kids you fall behind. Doesn’t mean the kid can’t catch up but your not making it any easier. My son never played against any Weston select teams but if comments on this thread are accurate this is not a travel soccer program with a dedicated team coach who participate in real soccer leagues. U8-10 are critical for learning how to play as a team vice individual.
            Agree 100%, the minute you are not playing the top or vs the top you start falling behind. Good luck trying to get on a top team at 12, teams are full, and if you haven’t played at their level, your kid will be standing around dizzy from trying to keep up.

Many moons ago when my kid was younger, maybe 9, I remember being at a practice and a dad showed up saying his kid was the best at his rec club, they knew now was the time before he was left behind, bragging like we had the next Messi here, after the practice the dad said his son looked lost and went from being the best to the worst, they never came back.

Comment

Agree 100%, the minute you are not playing the top or vs the top you start falling behind. Good luck trying to get on a top team at 12, teams are full, and if you haven’t played at their level, your kid will be standing around dizzy from trying to keep up.

Many moons ago when my kid was younger, maybe 9, I remember being at a practice and a dad showed up saying his kid was the best at his rec club, they knew now was the time before he was left behind, bragging like we had the next Messi here, after the practice the dad said his son looked lost and went from being the best to the worst, they never came back.
              Falling behind what? No soccer being played in this state. So if you mean your not fast enough then you have fallen behind. Soccer in Florida is a track meet

Comment

Is your son playing college level now?
                Yes he's playing in college. He didn't get any scholarship but soccer helped him get accepted into schools he would not have been accepted with academics alone. I'm just happy he still enjoys the game.

Comment

Weston Select is a far better program they at least get kids to love soccer and play at higher levels as they get older .

Comment

Weston Select is the best program in South Florida for developmental years. They actually emphasize more on young kids having individual skills. The amount of practice time provided is unlike any other club.. This is not the club if you are thinking about trophies. At older age groups it's time to move on. You should not be at any single club for too long, you should try and expose your player to different mentalities and training. 99.9% of your players are not going to be professional players. At least make it enjoyable in a proper atmosphere when they are young. If the big club mentality like Weston FC worked, you would have an increase in participation and not a decrease we have had year after year. 90% of big clubs are nothing more than a money grab. You all know it. If you don't then don't forget to book that next trip to Spain. Europe really needs you lmfao!!

Comment

Btw, who had the biggest tryout turnout in Weston, maybe even South Florida for developmental ages? Weston Select! Must be a lot of parents wanting their kid to suck, huh?

Comment

Weston Select is a far better program they at least get kids to love soccer and play at higher levels as they get older .
                        so true! If you want to get yelled and screamed at by some lunatic from venezuela go to weston FC

Comment

If you don't like Weston FC don't go. There are many other quality travel programs in the area but to say Weston Select is one of them is ridiculous. Unless Weston select all of a sudden created fixed teams with fixed coaches started playing in league soccer and attending 6-7 tournaments a year then you are only kidding yourself that it's a good program.

Comment

If you don't like Weston FC don't go. There are many other quality travel programs in the area but to say Weston Select is one of them is ridiculous. Unless Weston select all of a sudden created fixed teams with fixed coaches started playing in league soccer and attending 6-7 tournaments a year then you are only kidding yourself that it's a good program.
                            Idiot! 6-7 tournaments! Have you seen the soccer in this state, your getting scammed!

Comment

Idiot! 6-7 tournaments! Have you seen the soccer in this state, your getting scammed!
                              I don't know about Weston Select but I never saw them in the same league or tournaments that Weston FC was in. My son is at a MLS next club and Weston Select is not there but Weston FC is and they are very good, I would say Weston FC is at the top of the MLS Next league, this debate is silly it's not even a contest.

Comment

I don't know about Weston Select but I never saw them in the same league or tournaments that Weston FC was in. My son is at a MLS next club and Weston Select is not there but Weston FC is and they are very good, I would say Weston FC is at the top of the MLS Next league, this debate is silly it's not even a contest.
                                I also never heard of Weston select and we have been playing travel soccer for 6 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X