Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Training and Soccer Camp options

I am looking for a day camp for girls (age 12) or co-ed for my daughter this summer. Can't swing the prices for the Berkshires camps. I see many other offerings No 1, Nike, Beast, etc. I know I am about to get a bunch of nonsense replies but if anyone has had really good experiences please share.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am looking for a day camp for girls (age 12) or co-ed for my daughter this summer. Can't swing the prices for the Berkshires camps. I see many other offerings No 1, Nike, Beast, etc. I know I am about to get a bunch of nonsense replies but if anyone has had really good experiences please share.
    if they play club let them have at least one summer month off.

Comment

That is what I am planning, the month of July off. But it would be nice to get them back in shape and ready for the season in August, even for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        if they play club let them have at least one summer month off.
        This is actually not nonsense advice. I get that your D actually WANTS to go to camp and loves soccer. As a 12 year-old however she is likely playing town and club this spring, and will likely do so again this fall. Developing bodies need rest. July or August, you pick, but for one of them she shouldn't touch a soccer ball.

Comment

Yes, a minimum of one month recovery away from soccer to let the body heal and avoid burnout.

Comment

We do 3 one week camps spread out over the summer. Not all at once. This prevents injury for our son as he becomes weaker and ankle issues etc in the fall when he used to take summer entirely off. He also plays basketball at the courts w buddies, swims, rides bikes.
            What we do not allow is a summer of video games and TV. Those kids tank in the fall and really come back out of shape and slow.
            The one week camps we like:
            Revs
            Beast
            Nike

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X