Memorial Day Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys brackets for the Juve tournament look good. Girls bracket 🤮 is all juventus and Seacoast. Some teams they play in the town league. Should be exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Boys brackets for the Juve tournament look good. Girls bracket 🤮 is all juventus and Seacoast. Some teams they play in the town league. Should be exciting!
      all Juve and Seacoast other than NEFC DPL & Pre-GA, CT Rush, Southeast SC...
      funny not seeing the "town league" teams

that said there are indeed way too many Memorial day tournaments this year!

Comment

It’s a National Elite Tournament. They didn’t get the invite even though they play in the town league!!

Comment

Low level but well run. And a few days on the cape!!
          Pros and cons to having to stay on the cape. Hard to plan that ahead with all the COVID uncertainty. Next year should work better.

Comment

It’s a National Elite Tournament. They didn’t get the invite even though they play in the town league!!
            lets just home the rain cancels it all since they're using grass fields, some which are nice, but most which are not

Comment

Pros and cons to having to stay on the cape. Hard to plan that ahead with all the COVID uncertainty. Next year should work better.
              KC will change the schedule again tomorrow. Cancel those hotels while you can!

Comment

lets just home the rain cancels it all since they're using grass fields, some which are nice, but most which are not
                The fields actually held up well. I don't have a dog in the tournament fight but Juve definitely came through on the boys side with big name out of state teams.

Comment

The fields actually held up well. I don't have a dog in the tournament fight but Juve definitely came through on the boys side with big name out of state teams.
                  What are you talking about????
                  No Juve baby in U12 or U14 semi finals, and only one team in U13.
                  They got killed in the MLS bracket!
                  Great week-end

Comment

Great week-end
                    I meant that they got the teams to come and play. Bolts didn’t.

Comment

Great week-end
                      The fact you didn’t understand what the post was saying is superb. Read it and if in doubt read it again. The poster is saying that juve got strong out of state competition in. Would appear that is true.

Comment

The fact you didn’t understand what the post was saying is superb. Read it and if in doubt read it again. The poster is saying that juve got strong out of state competition in. Would appear that is true.
                        So what. I mean really who cares. You make it seem like it’s a big deal. Ok so Juve made a deal with two clubs to send their teams to beat their competition and show how dysfunctional mass club soccer is. Really nobody cares. All this showed was how watered down MA club soccer is and how much it is in dire need of an overhaul. This isn’t even just a shot at Juventus because I can see what their trying to accomplish, but we need less not more. Until we implement that the scores we are seeing in this tournament and other tournaments where out of New England clubs are destroying top New England teams is ust a reminder of how splintered our system is. Make moves not money.

Comment

So what. I mean really who cares. You make it seem like it’s a big deal. Ok so Juve made a deal with two clubs to send their teams to beat their competition and show how dysfunctional mass club soccer is. Really nobody cares. All this showed was how watered down MA club soccer is and how much it is in dire need of an overhaul. This isn’t even just a shot at Juventus because I can see what their trying to accomplish, but we need less not more. Until we implement that the scores we are seeing in this tournament and other tournaments where out of New England clubs are destroying top New England teams is ust a reminder of how splintered our system is. Make moves not money.
                          Or better. Maybe we just need better than what exists right now.

Comment

Or better. Maybe we just need better than what exists right now.
                            Better than what exists now is fixing a splintered system, so yes better is what is needed.

Comment

I think you need to take a step back when looking at these results. The fact that an MLSNext club obliterated some Juve teams in a tournament is hardly indicative of the level of New England soccer. If you check out the MLSNext standings, the NYCFC teams in almost every division are coming in below most of the New England teams, and games are very competitive. All these results show is that Juve is at a bit lower level than the top teams in New England. This is a fairly new club and still growing, so I'm not saying that they can't get there in the future, this is just the reality at the moment.

Comment

I think you need to take a step back when looking at these results. The fact that an MLSNext club obliterated some Juve teams in a tournament is hardly indicative of the level of New England soccer. If you check out the MLSNext standings, the NYCFC teams in almost every division are coming in below most of the New England teams, and games are very competitive. All these results show is that Juve is at a bit lower level than the top teams in New England. This is a fairly new club and still growing, so I'm not saying that they can't get there in the future, this is just the reality at the moment.
                                NYCFC plays up in almost every age group. My son asked one of them why a certain player who he had played against in a futsal tournament wasn't at the game. The player told him most NY CFC team play up .All the NY teams have spanked all the NE teams except for blackwatch who is Albany based.
                                It does say alot about NE and especially the Revs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X