Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m a NEPSAC coach. My boys get recruited by D1 programs and a lot of them don’t play for the Revs, Bolts, or Seacoast. I’ve had international players as well as GPS and NEFC boys in past years get recruited by D1 programs.
    If you’re a NEPSAC coach posting here it tells me all I need to know about NEPSAC.

Comment

D1 coaches don't care about Memorial Day tournaments. They will attend MLS/ECNL showcases, each of which will happen after June 1st. D3 coaches are welcome to recruit right now.
      ECNL PDA Showcase is 5/29-5/31. It's their biggest showcase.

Comment

Agreed, but none of the NCAA decisions involve a single thought about soccer. It's all about Football & Basketball and what works best for those sports. I'm sure if some coaches petitioned the NCAA board, NCAA might consider a waiver for in-person attendance recruiting...but most will just plan for a big push in June.

Comment

Agreed, but none of the NCAA decisions involve a single thought about soccer. It's all about Football & Basketball and what works best for those sports. I'm sure if some coaches petitioned the NCAA board, NCAA might consider a waiver for in-person attendance recruiting...but most will just plan for a big push in June.
          Camps will be very well attended this summer for sure

Comment

They should petition - coaches or even ECNL. So stupid to miss such a big recruiting event over literally a few days.

Comment

Camps will be very well attended this summer for sure
              Everyone better stay healthy

Comment

D1 coaches don't care about Memorial Day tournaments. They will attend MLS/ECNL showcases, each of which will happen after June 1st. D3 coaches are welcome to recruit right now.
                To be clear ECNL already cancelled Greer, Houston, and Phoenix. As previously stated, the final showcase of the year, NJ, ENDS the day before the dead period is lifted. So no, D1 coaches will not be attending a single ECNL showcase this season. Their only opportunity to see players would be in FL for the Nationals, or the Final Four in Richmond which has very few teams.

This dead period is absolutely killing those who aren't yet committed. Under a normal year they would have had numerous chances, last year and this year, to be seen in person. Instead....zero. Thanks NCAA!

Comment

To be clear ECNL already cancelled Greer, Houston, and Phoenix. As previously stated, the final showcase of the year, NJ, ENDS the day before the dead period is lifted. So no, D1 coaches will not be attending a single ECNL showcase this season. Their only opportunity to see players would be in FL for the Nationals, or the Final Four in Richmond which has very few teams.

This dead period is absolutely killing those who aren't yet committed. Under a normal year they would have had numerous chances, last year and this year, to be seen in person. Instead....zero. Thanks NCAA!
                  The D1 programs my D has been in direct contact with have all said the same thing: they are recruiting for 2022's into the summer. My guess is many may try and get one more ID camp in after the blackout. They have all asked for full video of multiple matches, so while they aren't getting out to see players in-person, they are using match video as much as possible to make decisions given the circumstances. This blackout has been difficult, but as long as you have been playing and getting Trace/Veo video of matches, it shouldn't stop the process. I will say almost all the communication has been with schools that she had already established a relationship with in prior years through ID camps and email/phone conversations.

Comment

Thanks, NCAA??? Ever heard of a global pandemic?

Somehow despite all this, the likelihood that college soccer teams won’t have full rosters by Fall 2021 and 2022 is zero. It will all work itself out.

Comment

Thanks, NCAA??? Ever heard of a global pandemic?

Somehow despite all this, the likelihood that college soccer teams won’t have full rosters by Fall 2021 and 2022 is zero. It will all work itself out.
                      The point is it has been needlessly extended for too long. April should have been the end of it

Comment

The point is it has been needlessly extended for too long. April should have been the end of it
                        Thank God we’ve had your sage wisdom to guide us thru the pandemic.

Comment

Outdoor soccer = extremely minimal risk, even less so if people distance and wear masks. Loads of people are already traveling and vaccinated.
                          This June 1 start doesn't just effect soccer but many other sports with holiday weekend events.

Comment

I totally agree. Safety first. Having the D2 and D3 coaches at the games, but not the D1 coaches, for Memorial Day weekend is saving tons of lives. I can't imagine how many hospitals would be overflowing if they allowed the D1 coaches to attend. All the NCAA decision makers should be awarded medals for how safe they are keeping America.

Comment

Already have 4 OVs booked since the news came out. Light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Comment

stop yer cryin

Already have 4 OVs booked since the news came out. Light at the end of the tunnel!!!
                                16 and > can get vaccinated as of monday - stop yer cryin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X