Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAA Dead Period will lift June 1

Glad to see it’s lifting. Good luck to 2022s and 2023s.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Glad to see it’s lifting. Good luck to 2022s and 2023s.
    So how does this work now? Who can reach out to coaches and when? Can kids graduating in 2023 start reaching out on June 1st?

Comment

So how does this work now? Who can reach out to coaches and when? Can kids graduating in 2023 start reaching out on June 1st?
      Any player can reach out to coaches ,there's just rules on coaches responding. I could be wrong but I think its June 15th for that age, because of the age not Covid

Comment

It means current sophomores can reach out to coaches (and vice versa) June 15 - the regular timeline. Also means you’ll be able to visit campus, meet with coaches, attend ID camps, and do official visits. Coaches will also be recruiting in-person at showcases too.

Comment

Anyone hearing anything about a quiet period following the dead period?

Comment

Why couldn't they make this a couple of days earlier so coaches can attend the Memorial Day tournaments? College soccer will be over May 17th.

Comment

Why couldn't they make this a couple of days earlier so coaches can attend the Memorial Day tournaments? College soccer will be over May 17th.
              Because. That would be too logical. Why would they do anything that makes sense?

Comment

Coaches are probably happy to have weekend off

Comment

Recruiting is a big part of their JOB and it's been a mess for over a year. I bet most would welcome the chance to go.

Comment

The weekend off? They haven’t been able to see players in over a year. They need a weekend off? I would think they would be foaming at the mouth to go watch games and recruit.

Comment

D1 coaches don't care about Memorial Day tournaments. They will attend MLS/ECNL showcases, each of which will happen after June 1st. D3 coaches are welcome to recruit right now.

Comment

D1 coaches don't care about Memorial Day tournaments. They will attend MLS/ECNL showcases, each of which will happen after June 1st. D3 coaches are welcome to recruit right now.
                        Actually this is not completely true. NESCACs are in dead period with D1s and D1s do recruit players outside of MLS Next and ECNL.

Comment

D1s do recruit players outside of MLS Next and ECNL.
                          Just not in New England.

Comment

Just not in New England.
                            I’m a NEPSAC coach. My boys get recruited by D1 programs and a lot of them don’t play for the Revs, Bolts, or Seacoast. I’ve had international players as well as GPS and NEFC boys in past years get recruited by D1 programs.

Comment

Just not in New England.
                              Ha! Ha! You ate full of ****e my friend. Keep drinking the kool aid. Are you a parent or a coach? Honestly..,, doesn’t matter my friend. You have been brainwashed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X