Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA Showcase Florida

Kids will be missing at least 4days of school during this showcase being held during D1/2 blackout period. On top of that it’s lots of cost with 5-6 days hotels and travel cost. Pretty crazy stuff, can they not just do more local events like Penn Fusion, PDA, FC Delco, EDP Tourneys etc.

Absolutely no regard for the paying customers. I get it if D1 was there but cmon no need to go to Florida during a recruiting blackout period. These elite leagues need to get their priorities straight.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kids will be missing at least 4days of school during this showcase being held during D1/2 blackout period. On top of that it’s lots of cost with 5-6 days hotels and travel cost. Pretty crazy stuff, can they not just do more local events like Penn Fusion, PDA, FC Delco, EDP Tourneys etc.

Absolutely no regard for the paying customers. I get it if D1 was there but cmon no need to go to Florida during a recruiting blackout period. These elite leagues need to get their priorities straight.
    Don’t worry, their priorities are very straight...

Your $$$$$$$

Comment

U13-14 teams going to north and south carolina, meanwhile these stupid clubs coukd just set up their own events up here. Theres more than enough teams and facilities to organize regional events.

Comment

U13-14 teams going to north and south carolina, meanwhile these stupid clubs coukd just set up their own events up here. Theres more than enough teams and facilities to organize regional events.
        Absolutely absurd what this GA is doing...makes USSDA look organized and focused compared to this nonsense.

Comment

Did you post the same whine about the ECNL Florida showcase?

Not for nothing, but my kid won't be missing any school. Bringing her laptop and already arranged for schoolwork to be done while there. Game on Friday afternoon, Sunday, and Monday; back in school on Tuesday. Nice to enjoy the area for a few days before hustling back.

Comment

Don’t worry, their priorities are very straight...

Your $$$$$$$
            All about the $$$, not so much common sense and respect for the customer base. Pretty shocking.

Comment

All about the $$$, not so much common sense and respect for the customer base. Pretty shocking.
              Wait, what? The customer base are the ones who want this. I know we do.

I appreciate your concern on my behalf, but maybe stay in your lane?

Comment

Every decision the GA has made has reeked of desperation

Comment

Every decision the GA has made has reeked of desperation
                  Totally, started with the TX debacle in Feb.

Comment

What, sending a 12-13 yr old to Greer, SC for a u13/u14 only event that has games over 3 days which means 4-5 depending on if you fly or drive, isn't a good idea? Did I mention that some very bad teams are going? Why PDA South would send their teams that can't compete here to SC to play equally bad ECNL teams from other states is just lunacy. At least the ones going to Florida for GA are showcase age and I guess those that haven't been recruited yet (since black out is D1) could be good but *** would you have a national event for middle schoolers during the school year?

Comment

What, sending a 12-13 yr old to Greer, SC for a u13/u14 only event that has games over 3 days which means 4-5 depending on if you fly or drive, isn't a good idea? Did I mention that some very bad teams are going? Why PDA South would send their teams that can't compete here to SC to play equally bad ECNL teams from other states is just lunacy. At least the ones going to Florida for GA are showcase age and I guess those that haven't been recruited yet (since black out is D1) could be good but *** would you have a national event for middle schoolers during the school year?
                      There will be more college coaches watching a U14 ECNL event than a GA showcase

Comment

There will be more college coaches watching a U14 ECNL event than a GA showcase
                        College coaches do not watch U14 matches, period. I have 2 daughters who have played D1 and ECNL and can say never! The only younger players who get noticed are those that sent to NTC or National camp. That’s it. Colleges have no time to waste at showcases.

Comment

That would make too much sense for a league like GA. Why the heck go all the way down there with zero recruiting and during Covid to boot???

Comment

Isnt there a GA showcase in North Carolina and they also have florida? Then chanpions league? Thats a lot.

Comment

Keep writing those checks and chasing that badge.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X