Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men's soccer posted in the Women's Division; and so it begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's soccer posted in the Women's Division; and so it begins...

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5825369
    Someone sent this to me.

In the women's scoreboard for 4/3; men's game posted between Army and Lafayette. The line ups clearly shows men's names.

Obviously an error, but what else gets through this year with all the sports going on right now.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/game/5825369
    Someone sent this to me.

In the women's scoreboard for 4/3; men's game posted between Army and Lafayette. The line ups clearly shows men's names.

Obviously an error, but what else gets through this year with all the sports going on right now.
    So it has a game number attached. Probably the postponed women's game.
    Curious if the algorithm will auto import the info into the women soccer stats, rpi, etc.

Comment

yes an error, not big deal, but you needed to create a post about it as a political statement?

Comment

yes an error, not big deal, but you needed to create a post about it as a political statement?
        Well in the poster's defense, there may be male names on women's soccer line ups soon.

Comment

Well in the poster's defense, there may be male names on women's soccer line ups soon.
          I know. It's unbelievable. Saw a girls team the other day with a Randy on defence, Pat at midfield, TWO Alex's on offence, and an assistant coach named Dawn but I'm pretty sure it was pronounced "Don". What is the world coming to?

Comment

I know. It's unbelievable. Saw a girls team the other day with a Randy on defence, Pat at midfield, TWO Alex's on offence, and an assistant coach named Dawn but I'm pretty sure it was pronounced "Don". What is the world coming to?
            And Carter, Miguel, Peter.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/50-yea...sketball-team/

Comment

Haha. As Seinfeld would say, not that anything is wrong with it.

Comment

Politics aside, the original post to me was to show how little attention is given to the other sports by the NCAA when football, basketball and baseball are underway.

Comment

Politics aside, the original post to me was to show how little attention is given to the other sports by the NCAA when football, basketball and baseball are underway.
                  In particular women's.

Comment

In particular women's.
                    That's weird because the whole point of NCAA sports is to enhance the education of student athletes as well-rounded citizens, right? It's not like money plays a role.

Comment

That's weird because the whole point of NCAA sports is to enhance the education of student athletes as well-rounded citizens, right? It's not like money plays a role.
                      Yeah NCAA's commercials never touch on that do they?

Comment

Yeah NCAA's commercials never touch on that do they?
                        I always chuckle when the NCAA chest beats with their promo commercials about the amount of student athletes in its divisions and the opportunities provided as if NCAA is the reason behind it, especially in the non-power 5 schools.
                        These kids pay the NCAA staff overinflated salaries.

On that note, NCAA should not be making recording errors noted by original poster. I was always taught and tell my children, a job work doing is a job worth doing well.
                        The governing body here seems to be mailing it in with the low revenue; especially women's, sports.

Maybe this is a potential claim to really break it open in the NCAA. A claim vs the NCAA paying little or no attention to women's sports.

Comment

It is always about the money. What is their treasure chest valued?

Comment

I always chuckle when the NCAA chest beats with their promo commercials about the amount of student athletes in its divisions and the opportunities provided as if NCAA is the reason behind it, especially in the non-power 5 schools.
                            These kids pay the NCAA staff overinflated salaries.

On that note, NCAA should not be making recording errors noted by original poster. I was always taught and tell my children, a job work doing is a job worth doing well.
                            The governing body here seems to be mailing it in with the low revenue; especially women's, sports.

Maybe this is a potential claim to really break it open in the NCAA. A claim vs the NCAA paying little or no attention to women's sports.
                            I'm not going to get upset about a probable reporting "error." The debacle with March Madness and the workout room, food etc was completely different and inexcusable

Comment

I'm not going to get upset about a probable reporting "error." The debacle with March Madness and the workout room, food etc was completely different and inexcusable
                              Upset no. It is a head scratcher though.

After the weight room & food expose', failure to profile AZ bball team in final 4 promos, and this (a recording error does not happen when you are thorough or double check work) and who knows what else has not been uncovered, the lack of extra effort by NCAA seems pretty clear.

They are not even giving women's sports the optics of being handled "equally."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X